ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State dominates Michigan State 42-0 to finish regular season 10-2

Iowa’s qb looks like someone who just walked off the street to play. Unless their defense scores, I foresee a shutout. Regardless, it’s going to be a very poor match for a conference championship game, and is going to make the Big 10 look bad.

The CCG has made the conference look bad for awhile. The winner of the west wasn't even ranked last year, hasn't been ranked in the top ten since 2019 and hasn't been playing for a birth in the CFP since 2017.

I don’t like Iowa and they play in a lousy division but Ferentz and Phil Parker can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. I don’t care how bad their division is to go 10-2 with that offense is one helluva coaching job.
I mean, that’s the whole point.

I don’t like Iowa and they play in a lousy division but Ferentz and Phil Parker can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. I don’t care how bad their division is to go 10-2 with that offense is one helluva coaching job.

I saw on one of the halftime shows today that Iowa is the first team to win 10 games while only averaging 150 (?) offensive yards a game (forget the exact figure). The best any other ncaa team has done with that offensive performance for the year was 4 wins.

I had only one disappointment in this final regular season game for the seniors:
It was 42-0 and Singleton was still on the field. I did not see Tank Smith. Probably won't be an opportunity in the bowl game. If Tank wasn't to play I might have finished out with Potts.​

Some other notes from Franklin

- Notes again they wanted to play both QBs all year
- Thought playing at Ford Field was beneficial for both teams (wink wink at Penn state's weather issues in East Lansing)

It looked like he was pointing to his blockers

It was a good call as Rulebook says you can't waive your arm around like that as it is confusing to defense and acts as a "decoy".

Specifically, Rule says you can't give "Invalid Fair Catch Signals" such as waiving arm below your head-&-shoulder height.... It clearly was an "Invalid Fair Catch Signal" as he was waiving his arm back-&-forth below his shoulder.

Did you see that 10-2 team today?
🤮🤮🤮
They are the luckiest team in college football. That was 1 really ugly game but they pulled it out with an interception with 15 seconds left (due to a sketchy clock operator in Lincoln).

It also doesn’t hurt that they played in what was 1 of the the worst divisions in the P5. They didn’t play Ohio St or Michigan and their toughest OOC game was 6-5 Iowa State. ;)

NBC is not annoying like Fox Big Noon.
Yea, Fox followed the NFL pregame model (and Gameday) of a bunch of guys making jokes, trying to be entertaining, etc. NBC with a lot more interviews, actually breaking down what’s happening in the game and film, etc.

Reactions: doctornick
I had only one disappointment in this final regular season game for the seniors:
It was 42-0 and Singleton was still on the field. I did not see Tank Smith. Probably won't be an opportunity in the bowl game. If Tank wasn't to play I might have finished out with Potts.​
Tank probably wasn't on the travel roster. Potts got some action, and Singleton NEEDED a 100 yd game, all good. Temper your whining..... sorry, I meant disappointment.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I'm glad the Lions' last regular season game was a smackdown of Michigan State rather than a loss to UM or tOSU. Hopefully, it restores some confidence and swagger in Allar prior to the NY6 bowl game.
I laid down pn the floor by the first fire of the season with my dogs during a late commercial break. Fell asleep.

Did we hand- off to #74 Olu for a late TD to even the score from a few years ago? It wouldn't be disrespectful in any way...just us celebrating and giving one of our guys a nice send off.

D'Antonio was assisting the MSU staff in the wake of Cell Phone Mel's departure...so we had a brief window to stick it back to him....

Of course we didn't...but I wish we would've.

F- him.

Iowa’s qb looks like someone who just walked off the street to play. Unless their defense scores, I foresee a shutout. Regardless, it’s going to be a very poor match for a conference championship game, and is going to make the Big 10 look bad.
For us old guys, he's built like Sonny Jurgenson.

Pretty sure they wanted Nick to get 100 yards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT