ADVERTISEMENT

LSU - Clemson Nat. Championship game thread

Clemson beat OSU....on a given Saturday(or whatever the hell day they played).

Clemson is NOT "better than OSU".
If they played 10 times, OSU would win at least 7 or 8.... and by an average of well into the double-digits.

Clemson is a 3rd or 4th place team in the B10 or SEC.

I am assuming you are drunk. Regardless, this is the dumbest thing I read today.

And I don't like Clemson.

PHOTO-The-Most-Boss-Picture-You-Will-Ever-See-Of-Joe-Burrow-Puffing-On-A-Cigar-Leg-Crossed-Over-Arm-On-Sofa-With-No-Cares-In-The-World.jpg

^ don't understand your post. Clemson beat OSU, we lost to OSU. So did Wisconsin. You are what your record indicates.

Anyway glad LSU wins.

Sometimes the better team doesn't win due to self-inflicted mistakes, etc.

Clemson beat OSU....on a given Saturday(or whatever the hell day they played).

Clemson is NOT "better than OSU".
If they played 10 times, OSU would win at least 7 or 8.... and by an average of well into the double-digits.

Clemson is a 3rd or 4th place team in the B10 or SEC.
By what objective standard is tosu better than Clemson? Have you stopped to consider that maybe the B1G (and this tosu) is overrated? That maybe tosu was the one that beat up a cupcake schedule? I’m not saying that is the case either, but in the actual gridiron, Clemson proved for the 2nd time in the past few years that it was the superior program.

By what objective standard is tosu better than Clemson? Have you stopped to consider that maybe the B1G (and this tosu) is overrated? That maybe tosu was the one that beat up a cupcake schedule? I’m not saying that is the case either, but in the actual gridiron, Clemson proved for the 2nd time in the past few years that it was the superior program.
Actually they did what a million other teams could have done, they served as cannon fodder for LSU.

^ don't understand your post. Clemson beat OSU, we lost to OSU. So did Wisconsin. You are what your record indicates.

Anyway glad LSU wins.
So Evansville’s basketball team is better than UK...got it.

I’m not a boomer....but you being wrong is not a surprise, it’s actually expected.
So you're just a Richard at a younger age....which is even scarier. The next time you are right about something on this board will be your first time....psssst, they didn't really fight to keep RR. LOL....and you'll keep crying about the fans every day as you need to wear pom poms and spout your little rainbows.

So you're just a Richard at a younger age....which is even scarier. The next time you are right about something on this board will be your first time....psssst, they didn't really fight to keep RR. LOL
Right...please let everyone know your super duper, special secret inside information source. Dumbass.

Lol truth. AW is an ornery fvck is he not?

He wasn't alone. Weird sexual innuendo, geezers talking about the olden days, bizarre sophistry trying to make the B1G look better than it actually is and well it was the typical shitshow I expect on Penn State game days. I thought this would be different. Silly me.

I was amazed at the quality and speed in this game--both teams.

While I would have expected PSU to give either of these teams a tough game (let's face it, one reason tOSU lost was that they were pretty beat up by the time they got to Clemson), my first thought was that we are just not at the same level. We were very good this season. But there is a gap. I hope and expect we'll close that gap, but this game was an impressive display of quality. We got both team's best games.

I did have one chuckle last evening--when they introduced Herschel Walker as one of the CFB GOATs. They talked about his national championship. They talked about his Heisman in 1982. But ....

We beat him in 1982 for the National Championship. In the same stadium. :D:D:D

While I would have expected PSU to give either of these teams a tough game (let's face it, one reason tOSU lost was that they were pretty beat up by the time they got to Clemson), my first thought was that we are just not at the same level. We were very good this season. But there is a gap. I hope and expect we'll close that gap, but this game was an impressive display of quality. We got both team's best games.

I did have one chuckle last evening--when they introduced Herschel Walker as one of the CFB GOATs. They talked about his national championship. They talked about his Heisman in 1982. But ....

LSU's WR's are insanely good. Burrows simply delivers some incredible balls and is further ahead then anyone on the field in terms of play. The one play where he scrambled left and pitched the ball ahead 9 yards was out of this world good. You really see the gap in the skill talent with the top 3 teams and everyone else....outside of Bama as with Tua...they are right there too. We're getting there, but it's no simple quick fix. LSU won, but they also lost 9 straight years to Bama and paid a Sh!t ton of money for that title. Their OC and DC's are paid and paid well. Kudos to both squads to be honest...it was a great game until late in the 4th, but Burrows simply took over the game.

There is a reason why we have a new OL coach and OC, JF isn't content with just being pretty good. He expects more and hopefully he can get PSU over that hump, but you can see it will not be easy.

LSU's WR's are insanely good. Burrows simply delivers some incredible balls and is further ahead then anyone on the field in terms of play. The one play where he scrambled left and pitched the ball ahead 9 yards was out of this world good. You really see the gap in the skill talent with the top 3 teams and everyone else....outside of Bama as with Tua...they are right there too. We're getting there, but it's no simple quick fix. LSU won, but they also lost 9 straight years to Bama and paid a Sh!t ton of money for that title. Their OC and DC's are paid and paid well. Kudos to both squads to be honest...it was a great game until late in the 4th, but Burrows simply took over the game.

There is a reason why we have a new OL coach and OC, JF isn't content with just being pretty good. He expects more and hopefully he can get PSU over that hump, but you can see it will not be easy.

Yeah their WR's are just on another level.

Reactions: BBrown

Both teams WR's, I thought, were very good. The Clemson guys were open but Lawrence was off, for the most part, all night.
Burrows looked rusty for the first 10 minutes or so but then he was lights out the rest of the game. I really thought he was hurt after the half but he played his ass off.
We saw 2 outstanding teams and coaching staffs. I also think we saw the #1 QB in this draft and the #1 QB in next years draft and possible Heisman winner.
I am amazed at how fast and strong Lawrence is.

Both teams WR's, I thought, were very good. The Clemson guys were open but Lawrence was off, for the most part, all night.
Burrows looked rusty for the first 10 minutes or so but then he was lights out the rest of the game. I really thought he was hurt after the half but he played his ass off.
We saw 2 outstanding teams and coaching staffs. I also think we saw the #1 QB in this draft and the #1 QB in next years draft and possible Heisman winner.
I am amazed at how fast and strong Lawrence is.
Agree. Burrows and Lawrence are the real deal. Burrows makes NFL throws already into coverage and has zero fear doing it. The OC's also put their foot on the gas all night long no matter where they are at on the field because they honestly believe they can convert no matter the situation. That is an attitude from the top down, no other way around it. You had first round WR's going up on first round DB's all night long and they all battled. As a fan of the sport you have to admire how hard each team plays the game. I think #47 going off was a bigger deal than I expected because they didn't really get near Burrows again after that.

Reactions: BBrown

You would expect that from ESpin....intense h8rs of all things PSU.

This has nothing to do with PSU. There are five or six teams in the Big that would have beaten Clemson had they played them instead of UNC....to win a NC you first have to get into the playoffs...so playing in a crap conference where you’re going to go undefeated gets you in and gives you an opportunity other teams don’t get.
They beat the Big 10’s best this year and destroyed them 30-0 two years ago.

You would expect that from ESpin....intense h8rs of all things PSU.
It really wasn't germane as they were talking about Walker and why he is one of the GOATs. I had no problem with it. I was just amused--and proud--that we beat him.

I mean, when you talk about Hornung, for example, you usually don't mention that his team was 2-8 the year he won the Heisman....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT