ADVERTISEMENT

LSU - Clemson Nat. Championship game thread

Because I would hate to visit my player in a bed being fed through a tube the rest of his life. Jamming the head and compressing neck is very dangerous.

OL

Bullshit! Then take the keys away from his car.

Either that or take all the subjectivity (payoff) out of it. ANY helmet to helmet hit gets you thrown out of the game. Whether it be offense or defense.

I played a lot of football and don't know anyone being "fed out of a tube". I had at least three concussions that I know of, and am probably in better physical and mental shape than 99% of the guys my age (almost 67).

The game has been on for 3.5hrs and they haven’t played the 4th quarter.

Too many commercials and way too much pregame introduction nonsense. Whenever they say these big games start at 8 it’s like 8:25 before they actually start.

Reactions: BBrown

Either that or take all the subjectivity (payoff) out of it. ANY helmet to helmet hit gets you thrown out of the game. Whether it be offense or defense.

I played a lot of football and don't know anyone being "fed out of a tube". I had at least three concussions that I know of, and am probably in better physical and mental shape than 99% of the guys my age (almost 67).

It's a pretty simple rule. Don't hit with the crown of your helmet. Not hard to understand. I know that guys your age are all about personal responsibility - shouldn't be a problem here.

they did take the subjectivity out of it. He led with the crown of his helmet which equals targeting. It’s black and white when you did what he did.

helmet to helmet was inconsequential on that play.

No - concussions are ruining the game and the players who play it. There is a reason that suburban white kids are turning to sports where fewer head injuries occur. As football players have gotten bigger and faster you need to limit the causes of permanent brain damage. It’s not enough to just pay off the lawsuits, improve helmets, impose on field penalties, and limit hitting in practice.

Ya. Those "suburban white kids" are safer driving their 200 mph sports cars and popping their pussy opioids.

Good for you. Apologies if I offend you, but your logic is stupid.
Im not going to take the time to look them up, but there are players paralyzed due to spearing.
If not for the tremendous on the field actions by OSU medical staff, Adam T is likely not as fortunate.

OL

Ya. Those "suburban white kids" are safer driving their 200 mph sports cars and popping their pussy opioids.
My suburban whit kid drove a four cylinder Honda Civic which couldn’t do 200 mph if it was being towed by a Lambo....and he never did opioids.

they did take the subjectivity out of it. He led with the crown of his helmet which equals targeting. It’s black and white when you did what he did.

Then do it for EVERYBODY who has helmet to helmet contact. Including offensive players.

99% of these "targeting" penalties are pure bullshit. You can't control what the offensive player does. The plays are too bang bang. So just make it fair and call the freakin penalty on EVERYBODY who's helmet makes contact.

Clemson is better than tosu and LSU is about to lap the defending champs. The Bayou Bengals would’ve shit-canned the Buckeyes too...they’re just that much better than the competition.

Believe pre-game they said this LSU team would eventually possibly have 7-8 players drafted in the first round.

If you watch the play again he also launched himself at the receiver.

Reactions: zubrus1
Exactly. Let them freakin' play umps. I mean, it's doubtful Clemson would have come back, but still.
It was the right call....they just said earlier you can grab the jersey but you can’t twist it or yank on it to gain an advantage....the receiver grabbed the jersey by the shoulder pad and twisted it to pull the defender away from him....definition of PI.

Reactions: DeacsnNits
Good for you. Apologies if I offend you, but your logic is stupid.
Im not going to take the time to look them up, but there are players paralyzed due to spearing.
If not for the tremendous on the field actions by OSU medical staff, Adam T is likely not as fortunate.

OL

And there are exponentially more "paralyzed" or dead by smashing up their parent's car while texting or speeding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT