ADVERTISEMENT

Joey McKenna to PSU??

Hotshoe send me an e-mail and i will feel you in with something you MUST know....You say this all the time and you are off base when it comes to what some coaches what....If you need further understanding i will be glad to talk with you....God bless....

I'd be very wary of sending Spyker an email if he will "feel you in". :eek:

Reactions: nittanybrian
Here are a couple excerpts straight from the Penn State Wrestling Club Pamphlet to Boosters:

The NCAA definition of "a representative of the University's athletics interests" is very broad and encompasses many if not all of the people who are regular attendees at our sports events. If you fall into this category, there are a number of activities regarding contact with student-athletes and athletic recruits that could put the University at risk for NCAA sanctions.

No Contact With Prospects

Athletics Representatives of an NCAA Division I institution are prohibited from making in-person on- or off-campus recruiting contacts, as well as telephone communications, written or elec- tronically transmitted correspondence (e-mail, instant message, text message, etc.) with a prospect or the prospect’s parents or relatives.

If a prospect logs into a chat room or social networking site, initiates a telephone or email contact with you, or you have an inadvertent face-to-face encounter with a prospect or their par- ents or relatives, do not enter into a recruiting conversation. Under such circumstances, refer the prospect to the athletics department and advise the appropriate Penn State coach of the contact.

Booster Pamphlet: http://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/content/links/psuguide.pdf

Hotshoe, you might want to pin the link to the pamphlet for easy reference ;)

Last edited:
Here are a couple excerpts straight from the Penn State Wrestling Club Pamphlet to Boosters:

The NCAA definition of "a representative of the University's athletics interests" is very broad and encompasses many if not all of the people who are regular attendees at our sports events. If you fall into this category, there are a number of activities regarding contact with student-athletes and athletic recruits that could put the University at risk for NCAA sanctions.

No Contact With Prospects

Athletics Representatives of an NCAA Division I institution are prohibited from making in-person on- or off-campus recruiting contacts, as well as telephone communications, written or elec- tronically transmitted correspondence (e-mail, instant message, text message, etc.) with a prospect or the prospect’s parents or relatives.

If a prospect logs into a chat room or social networking site, initiates a telephone or email contact with you, or you have an inadvertent face-to-face encounter with a prospect or their par- ents or relatives, do not enter into a recruiting conversation. Under such circumstances, refer the prospect to the athletics department and advise the appropriate Penn State coach of the contact.

Booster Pamphlet: http://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/content/links/psuguide.pdf

Hotshoe, you might want to pin the link to the pamphlet for easy reference ;)

"No contact with prospects" might need to be in spykers signature. But between here and the den, he may have pulled his own pin.....again

Come on Dunkej01. I thought you were more "in the know". As I hang out in practice, coaches are talking all the time about this. Not officially to the media, but the decision is well known. And, breaking news: If you follow Twitter, you'll see exactly whom Cael follows. He treats his "follows" like gold, so he doesn't throw them around like Tan Tom or TNT do. No follows are wasted by Cael. Finally, David Carr is a beast, and a must get recruit!!! I hope and pray that we lock him up, as he currently dominates everyone in the room.

Come on Dunkej01. I thought you were more "in the know". As I hang out in practice, coaches are talking all the time about this. Not officially to the media, but the decision is well known. And, breaking news: If you follow Twitter, you'll see exactly whom Cael follows. He treats his "follows" like gold, so he doesn't throw them around like Tan Tom or TNT do. No follows are wasted by Cael. Finally, David Carr is a beast, and a must get recruit!!! I hope and pray that we lock him up, as he currently dominates everyone in the room.

Actually, "lock him up" doesn't sound like it's out of the realm of things spyker might do.

Saw it posted yesterday and I think it went unanswered. I'd also like to know... Who is spyker?
Yeah - I've been waiting on that too.

giphy.gif

Reactions: chalkstream1
And, breaking news: If you follow Twitter, you'll see exactly whom Cael follows. He treats his "follows" like gold, so he doesn't throw them around like Tan Tom or TNT do. No follows are wasted by Cael.

I am guessing McKenna ends up at PSU but the 'follows count' is just a weird (and incorrect) statement.

# of people coaches follow on Twitter:
Tom Brands - 203
Terry Brands- 17
Cael - 362

Reactions: CentexLion
Yeah - I've been waiting on that too.

giphy.gif
Last year on the "Lions Den" Spyker posted his phone number in a conversation telling a member to go ahead and call him and he'd "fill him in". I believe it was member "Willy Lump" that called it and reported back something about, "once you go down the rabbit hole". He said it was legit but wouldn't give any info. It was strange.

Anyone have any guesses on where he ends up? You think Psu has a legit shot?

Last year on the "Lions Den" Spyker posted his phone number in a conversation telling a member to go ahead and call him and he'd "fill him in". I believe it was member "Willy Lump" that called it and reported back something about, "once you go down the rabbit hole". He said it was legit but wouldn't give any info. It was strange.
867-5309?

Anyone have any guesses on where he ends up? You think Psu has a legit shot?
Listened to FLO radio today it sounds like Ohio has a real shot but with PSU having 141 Open and the best wrestling room in the country and the best international program in the country I'd say we have a shot too.

I am guessing McKenna ends up at PSU but the 'follows count' is just a weird (and incorrect) statement.

# of people coaches follow on Twitter:
Tom Brands - 203
Terry Brands- 17
Cael - 362
Yea. I'm guessing you haven't read our board much, as we are poking a bit of fun at Spyker. He conveniently repackages facts and rumors as his own. Chickenmann gets us good Twitter info, and the Spyke turned it into his own "fact". Spyker has told us a few times, that he doesn't have social media, but he certainly encourages all to Tweet and Text recruits, which is insane. I'm so glad that his halfway house bans social media.

No problem. LOL bro. It's all good (more Spyker terms before you tell me that you are not my Bro);)

Hey Christian listening to you this week made me want to see an Ohio st Penn State preseason white board.
That sounds crazy fun. Until that day comes...let's take my best case tOSU team vs PSU

NATO WBD Suriano - 3-0 tOSU
Pletcher WBD Cortez/Higuchi - 6-0 tOSU
Hayes WBD Lee 9-0 tOSU
Zain TECH Mick 9-5 tOSU
Nolf TECH Racer 10-9 PSU
Cenzo WBD Campbell 13-9 PSU
Hall WBD BoJo 16-9 PSU
Nickal WBD Myles 19-9 PSU
Moore WBD McCutcheon 19-12 PSU
Snyder WMD Nevills 19-16 PSU

That sounds crazy fun. Until that day comes...let's take my best case tOSU team vs PSU

Hayes WBD Lee 9-0 tOSU
Zain TECH Mick 9-5 tOSU
Nolf TECH Racer 10-9 PSU
Hall WBD BoJo 16-9 PSU
nice any chance I'd get your thoughts on NCAA points per athlete?
And Thanks

Last edited:

Hayes WBD Lee 9-0 tOSU
Zain TECH Mick 9-5 tOSU
Nolf TECH Racer 10-9 PSU
Hall WBD BoJo 16-9 PSU

Cortez/higuchi ..... seems FUN.

Reactions: diggerpup
Like who? Other than NATO(who is a total pro, if he goes 125, he'll be just fine).
Sure about that? NATO last went 125 in 2016 and in his own words was basically questioning his love for the sport after that. I have no doubt if Ryan asks NATO to go 125 again this year that he will do it once again. I don't know if he will be fine doing it.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
I agree, NATO's 2nd year at 125, displayed some gas tank issues. After a year at 133, I've got to believe it will be worse and after Nick's 2nd year in the room, he is the last guy you want to go into the 3rd period, with gas tank issues.

Reactions: tabenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT