ADVERTISEMENT

Joey McKenna to PSU??

But that's not all that will go into the decision.

If he does want to come here, sets up an interesting dilemma. He has 2 years left, obviously plugs a potential hole for next year at 141, which may not end up being a hole (Cortez?), in a year where we don't likely need his points anyway in 95% of the potential scenarios. After that he is a SR in 18-19 and gone in 19-20. Does his transfer pretty much tell RBY to go elsewhere and thus we miss out on the potential of 19-20 and beyond with RBY? Of course, McKenna is of more immediate and sure-fire results than RBY, but again, likely in years when he is just icing on the cake. And then, with the way recruiting is going, a potential loss of RBY would most likely be offset with the addition of a prospect just as good as RBY from 20-21 and beyond.

Great dilemma to face...
This has nothing to do with RBY. RBY still has his senior year and a redshirt year. McKenna is gone at that point. It would build for the future because it makes those guys all take redshirts (Lee, RBY, Teasdale depending on weight alignment) while we get a powerhouse. Anywhere but Ohio State is my hope.

RBY decision will be more dependent on where guys slot into with weights (Suriano, Teasdale, and Lee) and who he can knock off.

I have a Corgi that watches tv and know commercials by site or sound. Pretty smart dog. We watched Tommy Thorn deck Mckenna and my dog kinda grinned at me. Then we watched Eirman major Mckenna and my dog really grinned at me. I generally can tell what he's thinking. I said "seriously? you really think McKenna would tech fall Cortez?!?! " He barked affirmatively.
Does your dog bark "FULL COURT PRESS !!!!" ?

The same thing happened before the semi's. Zahid is interviewed and he's smiling Mark is interviewed and his game face was extremely on. I watched those interviews and felt like I was seeing something that mattered.

McKenna might put PSU over the team scoring record at Nationals. If Cortez is healthy and can handle 133 and McKenna plugs in at 141, holy moly.

Reactions: GSL and Dogwelder
McKenna might put PSU over the team scoring record at Nationals. If Cortez is healthy and can handle 133 and McKenna plugs in at 141, holy moly.
From what I hear Cortez is definitely going up to 141, so I think we can forget Cortez at 133 scenarios.

I'm with you there. Stanford's campus is quite nice, and the academics are as good as they get. Short of failing out, I don't think you could ever get me to leave there if I were an undergrad.

This.

A Stanford degree plus connections.

The young man would have dozens of doors open for him for the next 40+ years.

Can't walk away from Stanford as long as his grades are solid.

This.

A Stanford degree plus connections.

The young man would have dozens of doors open for him for the next 40+ years.

Can't walk away from Stanford as long as his grades are solid.
That's what my wife said but she doesn't get how bad a kid like this wants a national title. Flow stats put a top ten kids chances of winning a title at PSU at 53%. That would be the chances I give us getting Joey M.

Reactions: Dogwelder
That's what my wife said but she doesn't get how bad a kid like this wants a national title. Flow stats put a top ten kids chances of winning a title at PSU at 53%. That would be the chances I give us getting Joey M.

He could have his cake and eat it too if he could take the graduate transfer route for 1 year.

I'm not sure of his academic status.

He could have his cake and eat it too if he could take the graduate transfer route for 1 year.

I'm not sure of his academic status.
These kids are doing it all wrong. They should go to a regular, athletically-strong school like PSU first, get their NCAA title(s), then transfer into Stanford for the last two years and get the Stanford degree. Of course, that assumes that the Stanford coach has enough pull to make Stanford allow such transfers.

Last edited:
I have a Corgi that watches tv and know commercials by site or sound. Pretty smart dog. We watched Tommy Thorn deck Mckenna and my dog kinda grinned at me. Then we watched Eirman major Mckenna and my dog really grinned at me. I generally can tell what he's thinking. I said "seriously? you really think McKenna would tech fall Cortez?!?! " He barked affirmatively.
You don't post enough.

Just say'n....

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
You should have seen my daughter's dog during the Zain-Steiber dual match. She was glued to the tv watching the match - very intently. I'm not joking. It was crazy.

Do we think the Cortez at 33 ship has sailed?

I was guilty of whining about Bo to 84 in last years off season. If the move to 41 is likely a done deal I'll stop dwelling on it. For now I'll just say our team with Jared at 33 could post some shutouts against some really good squads.

These kids are doing it all wrong. They should go to a regular, athletically-strong school like PSU first, get their NCAA title(s), then transfer into Stanford for the last two years and get the Stanford degree. Of course, that assumes that the Stanford coach has enough pull to make Stanford allow such transfers.

Or Rutgers. Don't sell a Rutgers diploma short ;)

20-yo me would agree with this and still be mighty tempted to leave Stanford women for, say, UCLA or Arizona State women.
Not a fan of the studious type?
Hot-Librarian-600x899.jpg

That's a better analysis than I expect from Spyker.

I'm with you there. Stanford's campus is quite nice, and the academics are as good as they get. Short of failing out, I don't think you could ever get me to leave there if I were an undergrad.

Unless...you were given the Jesus Shuttlesworth treatment, right Thomas?

ray_allen_jesus_shuttlesworth.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT