ADVERTISEMENT

Joey McKenna to PSU??

What will tOSU do with Hayes and Jordan if McKenna comes? My guess is Hoffman. Chance to work with Snyder. Unfortunately a nice fit.
I think we have a very good shot at McKenna....Should know for sure this weekend....Not sure if he will announce through media though....

If Tan Tom wants McKenna, then go ahead.

Hayes has 141.
McKenna probably can't hold 141 any longer.

Zain is probably bored of popping Micah's shoulders out of its sockets. McKenna can bump to 49 to give Zain some fresh meat to gnaw on.

Tan Tom can then toss Micah into the Nolf Den, saving his own son the anguish & torment.

#dadoftheyear

I wish I could give this more likes... Great job of describing the horrors that await any tOSU wrestler at 149 & 157. Especially for Micah if he moves up. Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire...

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup and Gebmo
I would love to see McKenna at 141 for PSU cause he is real good and proven. But honestly if I am McKenna, it seems he would be happier and more effective at 149. Ohio state has a scary good line up next year. And if you put Mckenna at 149 and bump up Micah(who looked huge in a recent pic), wow they are def in the title hunt.

I would love to see McKenna at 141 for PSU cause he is real good and proven. But honestly if I am McKenna, it seems he would be happier and more effective at 149. Ohio state has a scary good line up next year. And if you put Mckenna at 149 and bump up Micah(who looked huge in a recent pic), wow they are def in the title hunt.

Perhaps, but I could see more points for tOSU the way they sit than this move. Little Jordan could be #2 at 149 but I have trouble seeing him above #4 at 157. I'm thinking Joey McKenna would have a very tough time cracking the top 6 at 149. Neither would score much for bonus imo. I'm not sure how much it would help the chances next year for a team title. This would make them a much tougher dual team, but not against the one team they need to beat (PSU) as both guys would be like shooting fish in a barrel for Zain and Nolf.

They faced each other at last year's Disney Duals. Hoffman by injury default. No idea what the score was at the time.

If he goes tan, he would have to sit a year behind Moore ... unless he really can make 184 (Willie reported he's registered 187 for Akron), in which case he steps right in when Martin graduates.

That's assuming that Martin doesn't take a RS year, which is unlikely IMO. I think tOSU is all in for 2017-18, then will take a year to reload after NATO, BoJo, and Snyder all move on. Wouldn't be surprised if Martin (along with Pletcher) redshirts that year (2018-19).

No, let's not. Let's NOT INTERFERE with the coaching staff.
Hotshoe i don't know if you go to practice on a regular basis but there is more that talk then the coaches bro.....Get in the habit of going to practice and you will be able to establish good relationships....

Hotshoe i don't know if you go to practice on a regular basis but there is more that talk then the coaches bro.....Get in the habit of going to practice and you will be able to establish good relationships....

Better heed the direct advice from Spyker ... :rolleyes::eek:

dunk i think we will hear within the next week....
Ill bet you we dont hear anything on this in the next week.

You can name the wager...anything from gentlemans to you can have my tavern all expense paid dinner from Gunz.

I'm not your bro. Stop assuming you know anything about me. Your information has been proven time and again invalid. And for that last time, don't encourage others to contact recruits. And yeah, I'm not going to say this again.

That's assuming that Martin doesn't take a RS year, which is unlikely IMO. I think tOSU is all in for 2017-18, then will take a year to reload after NATO, BoJo, and Snyder all move on. Wouldn't be surprised if Martin (along with Pletcher) redshirts that year (2018-19).
In which case Hoffman could start as a true FR 184, then tanshirt, then emerge at 197.

Seem to recall Zain doing the same. Morgan too, minus the weight change.

Just a reminder: McKenna is a scholarship athlete at another school. To the best of our knowledge, he has not been granted a release, nor has Stanford granted other schools permission to talk with him.

Therefore anybody from PSU contacting him is committing an NCAA violation. According to the NCAA, that includes alumni and fans.

If anybody were to take Spyker's comments seriously, then he just self-admitted an NCAA violation.

If McKenna has been granted a release, or if schools may talk with him, fans contacting him is interfering with the coaches and also flat out icky.

Either way don't be that guy.

You can name the wager...anything from gentlemans to you can have my tavern all expense paid dinner from Gunz.
Vegas refuses to give odds on Dunk collecting.

Reactions: dunkej01
Just a reminder: McKenna is a scholarship athlete at another school. To the best of our knowledge, he has not been granted a release, nor has Stanford granted other schools permission to talk with him.

Therefore anybody from PSU contacting him is committing an NCAA violation. According to the NCAA, that includes alumni and fans.

If anybody were to take Spyker's comments seriously, then he just self-admitted an NCAA violation.

If McKenna has been granted a release, or if schools may talk with him, fans contacting him is interfering with the coaches and also flat out icky.

Either way don't be that guy.
10,000 likes from me. This is a big deal, and while El-Jefe posted a nice paraphrased version, below is the 2-page Guide to Compliance for fans. spyker and whoever else shouldn't be so casual about their statements. They're irresponsible, and do have consequences if they lead to contacting recruits..

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools..._non_event/2014-2015-PSU-Guide-NCAA-Rules.pdf

10,000 likes from me. This is a big deal, and while El-Jefe posted a nice paraphrased version, below is the 2-page Guide to Compliance for fans. spyker and whoever else shouldn't be so casual about their statements. They're irresponsible, and do have consequences if they lead to contacting recruits..

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools..._non_event/2014-2015-PSU-Guide-NCAA-Rules.pdf
Good thing Spyker is a fictional cartoon character or we'd have to actual worry.

The NCAA is adept at turning a nothing-burger into a something-burger if they get it into their heads that an example needs to be set, and higher profile programs are juicier targets. Cael & Co. do not need anyone's help recruiting, and if you find yourself thinking that you're helping, you're probably doing the opposite.

So spyker is a "representative of the university's athletics interests"? I'm thinking he is but just never really thought of him in that way.

Last edited:
I sure hope McKenna comes to PSU. I would think that would force Cortez back to 133 where I think he fits better anyways. Putting out a lineup of..
125-Suriano
133-Cortez
141-McKenna
149-Zain
157-Nolf
165-Cenzo
174-Hall
184-Bo
197-Cutch
Hvy-Nevills
That is a team that would break scoring records with an outside chance if 7 champs!! Insane. I would think with a year in the PSU room McKenna would have a wonderful chance of being a national champ especially at 141. If he wants to compete after college as well then PSU becomes an even bigger no-brainer.
Unless we have Keener at 133 and Cassar at 197....

Ohio State will always be fighting for 2nd or 3rd under Ryan when PSU has it's studs in the line up.....DYNASTY for many many years to come....

Can my title be "the Fonz"? Or did Spyker already grab that.

SawyerBronzeFonz2008.jpg

Reactions: Ja1339
No, let's not. Let's NOT INTERFERE with the coaching staff.
Hotshoe send me an e-mail and i will feel you in with something you MUST know....You say this all the time and you are off base when it comes to what some coaches what....If you need further understanding i will be glad to talk with you....God bless....

Hotshoe send me an e-mail and i will feel you in with something you MUST know....You say this all the time and you are off base when it comes to what some coaches what....If you need further understanding i will be glad to talk with you....God bless....
What part of no don't you get? Don't do it on the board. It is a recruiting violation. He is still attached to Stanford, and no coach wants people interfering with recruiting. How many times do coaches at Penn State have to say it? Enough.

Feel free to tell all of us which coaches want fans contacting athletes as proxy recruiters, in violation of NCAA rules.

Cool, now I need to make some business cards! I think I'll make my title: Minion of State
I've always wanted to be a Dean and now it seems like I'll finally get my chance.:rolleyes: I think I'll be the Dean of can't wait to see Suriano get his title next year.
P.S. And the Dean of " I told you there was no f-ing way Bo Jordan will ever beat Hall again"

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

The media will not hear but some people will this week....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT