ADVERTISEMENT

Joey McKenna to PSU??

Flo announcement is probably this... (which could also be Tom Ryan's news)

I woke up this morning with no Sense that this could happen now I'm stressed :( I don't know if I want McKenna wrestling at PSU or if I don't want him wrestling for Ohio. Jesus

Doubt it's Hoffman...it'd be a jerk move to tweet and steal his thunder the night before!
I want it to be Hoffman for tOSU so that it's not McKenna for tOSU. So, I hope that tomorrow you called someone a jerk today.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunkej01
I want it to be Hoffman for tOSU so that it's not McKenna for tOSU. So, I hope that tomorrow you called someone a jerk today.

Agreed! Just saying that I doubt it's Hoffman...actually I'll be surprised if it's recruit or transfer news at all. Seems to me like a coach wouldn't hint at someone's personal big news like that.

Reactions: Dogwelder
If Tan Tom wants McKenna, then go ahead.

Hayes has 141.
McKenna probably can't hold 141 any longer.

Zain is probably bored of popping Micah's shoulders out of its sockets. McKenna can bump to 49 to give Zain some fresh meat to gnaw on.

Tan Tom can then toss Micah into the Nolf Den, saving his own son the anguish & torment.

#dadoftheyear

Agreed! Just saying that I doubt it's Hoffman...actually I'll be surprised if it's recruit or transfer news at all. Seems to me like a coach wouldn't hint at someone's personal big news like that.
Their recruiter Anthony Ralph tweeted "Boom", so it's clearly a recruit. We'll see who

If they get Hoffman the "Does Iowa have a Cael Sanderson Problem" should read "How did Iowa fall to 3rd best in the Big10?"

It isn't just the Nits who are noticeably outpacing the Hawks in recruiting and developing studs.

If they get Hoffman the "Does Iowa have a Cael Sanderson Problem" should read "How did Iowa fall to 3rd best in the Big10?"

It isn't just the Nits who are noticeably outpacing the Hawks in recruiting and developing studs.

Depends how you look at it, based on what El Jefe mentioned, Hoffman is a 197. Given that Warner is a higher ranked recruit, I would say that argument wouldn't hold any weight.

Doesnt franklin do it in a corny way with his bat signal?

BREAKING NEWS: Ryan IS a jerk.

Anybody know if Hoffman is a 97 or HVY? HVY would make more sense at tOSU.

Depends how you look at it, based on what El Jefe mentioned, Hoffman is a 197. Given that Warner is a higher ranked recruit, I would say that argument wouldn't hold any weight.

I'm pretty sure he meant in volume not just looking at a single recruit.

If you are going to look at it the way you suggest, I would suggest that Binghamton is holding their own with tOSU and Iowa recruiting and developing front, because I think Deprez ends up at 197 and is better than both of them.

Reactions: nitlion6 and Grass
Anybody know if Hoffman is a 97 or HVY? HVY would make more sense at tOSU.

Singletary is there in the fall and projected at 285, so 197, given that Moore only has 3 years remaining as opposed to Singletary's 5 (redshirt a given during his true freshman year and Snyder'sn last year), might actually make Moore sense.

Beard and Hoffman ever go toe to toe?

What are thoughts on the outcome ?

I don't think so. As for thoughts on the outcome I've weighed in on this a few times before over the past year. Beard at this time. I think comfortably.

But I'd be willing to open up a couple partial spots at ETR for Montoursville to make it happen and we can all find out for sure, lol.

Well my opinion has been slammed here so I guess I'll stop giving Tom R the benefit of the doubt...I guess I'll just be glad PSU has a classy coaching staff

They faced each other at last year's Disney Duals. Hoffman by injury default. No idea what the score was at the time.

If he goes tan, he would have to sit a year behind Moore ... unless he really can make 184 (Willie reported he's registered 187 for Akron), in which case he steps right in when Martin graduates.

Guessing Ryan's cryptic tweets are referring to Hoffman. Gavin's brother Garrett (Bucknell commit) and father Jim both just followed Tom Ryan within the last 24 hours. Jim only follows Bucknell wrestling and Tom Ryan as far as college programs connections. (not including Cael and we know what happened there)

Plus Gavin's list of who he recently followed are all tOSU ties. i.e. Tom Ryan, Dijulius, Kaleb Romero and JJaggers.

Last edited:
Does any other head coach spill the beans like Ryan does? I honestly can't think of any other coach in wrestling who semi-announces the commit before the athlete.

Hey, if you want to believe the Hawks currently aren't being outpaced by 2 other Big10 programs - well sometimes our own perceptions reflect the reality we desire, not necessarily reality.

Hey, if you want to believe the Hawks currently aren't being outpaced by 2 other Big10 programs - well sometimes our own perceptions reflect the reality we desire, not necessarily reality.
Great stuff.

I sure hope McKenna comes to PSU. I would think that would force Cortez back to 133 where I think he fits better anyways. Putting out a lineup of..
125-Suriano
133-Cortez
141-McKenna
149-Zain
157-Nolf
165-Cenzo
174-Hall
184-Bo
197-Cutch
Hvy-Nevills
That is a team that would break scoring records with an outside chance if 7 champs!! Insane. I would think with a year in the PSU room McKenna would have a wonderful chance of being a national champ especially at 141. If he wants to compete after college as well then PSU becomes an even bigger no-brainer.

Not a fan of the studious type?
Hot-Librarian-600x899.jpg

She's maybe the mom of a Stanford dude, but definitely not a Stanford student herself.

Reactions: diggerpup
What will tOSU do with Hayes and Jordan if McKenna comes? My guess is Hoffman. Chance to work with Snyder. Unfortunately a nice fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT