ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Minnesota

good news for all you iowa fans esp iron,madden and turk iowa has 24 team titles PSU has what 12?thats means in 13 more yrs PSU passes iowa with more team titles.have a great day!

Using that logic, Okie State has it all over Iowa - Oklahoma State has 34 Team Titles.

History doesn’t matter unless you have successful history. Recency doesn’t matter unless you have success recently. Every fan is going to focus on the successful period. No one ever wins the debate.

Iowa doesn't win either debate - Okie State is the most successful program in history. PSU has dominated the last decade and a half to the tune of 10 of the last 12 Championships (with no end in sight to the dominance).

Iowa doesn't win either debate - Okie State is the most successful program in history. PSU has dominated the last decade and a half to the tune of 10 of the last 12 Championships (with no end in sight to the dominance).
Then I change the parameters to history since 1975 and Iowa has the most titles 24. Now I win the debate.

Reactions: WildTurk
History doesn’t matter unless you have successful history. Recency doesn’t matter unless you have success recently. Every fan is going to focus on the successful period. No one ever wins the debate.
Do you think Iowa is closer to becoming another Okie State, or closer to catching Penn State? I would argue the former, as I don't see any catalysts in the near term to change the current trajectory. The next coaching change at Iowa will mark a transition- it remains to be seen which direction they go.

Do you think Iowa is closer to becoming another Okie State, or closer to catching Penn State? I would argue the former, as I don't see any catalysts in the near term to change the current trajectory. The next coaching change at Iowa will mark a transition- it remains to be seen which direction they go.
It’s hard to imagine catching Penn St at this point in time. Maybe when Cael retires in 25 years?

Reactions: NittanyChris
Then I change the parameters to history since 1975 and Iowa has the most titles 24. Now I win the debate.

You don't determine "history" - Okie State currently has the most titles in history, 34. Okie State wins the historical debate - period. PSU wins the recency debate with 10 of the last 12 Championships contested (6 of the last 7).

682ec49a-e446-44a5-a01a-e1adcac852bd_text-gif.382057

You don't determine "history" - Okie State currently has the most titles in history, 34. Okie State wins the historical debate - period. PSU wins the recency debate with 10 of the last 12 Championships contested (6 of the last 7).
It’s an internet message board. I can change the parameters to whatever fits my narrative. We can go with recent history (the last 50 years) and Iowa has the most titles.

Reactions: mcpat and WildTurk
It’s an internet message board. I can change the parameters to whatever fits my narrative. We can go with recent history (the last 50 years) and Iowa has the most titles.

Wrong, Okie State unequivocally wins the historical debate (34 titles > than 25). PSU wins recency debate with no other challengers (10 of last 12 Championships Contested).

What's the head to head numbers between Iowa and PSU since they started wrestling each other? Individual All Americans, Champs, wins-losses etc?

All dynasties end- I'm sure Iowa thought it would always be on top. But yes, probably not before Cael leaves.
Right, were Okie State, Iowa, and PSU great because of the universities attributes or were they mostly a product of having a great head coach or two that could bring in great wrestlers? PSU sat in a talent rich area for decades and only got the job done once until Cael arrived.

Okie State can lay claim to the Stone Ages, Iowa to the Bronze Ages, and PSU to the Information Age and I am good with each having their piece without comparing them. I am just glad Cael's most likely retirement year is somewhere close to the year I am expected to assume room temperature, so it is going to be a great ride, right to the very end.

Iowa has been the more successful college wrestling program than Penn State has.
There is no debating that fact. It's not even close.

Far more Team National Championships. More National champions, more All Americans. Far more Big Ten championships, more Big Ten Champions, more head to head wins, more pins, tech- falls, major decisions, takedowns, back points, reversals, arms raised, smiles..

Iowa has been the more successful college wrestling program than Penn State has.

Far more Team National Championships. More National champions, more All Americans. Far more Big Ten championships, more Big Ten Champions, more head to head wins, more pins, tech- falls, major decisions, takedowns, back points, reversals, arms raised, smiles..
That is great Copium for watching this year's NCAA tournament. Share it widely with GIA. It will make you all feel just great about where your program is today.

Broken glasses

The fact that you are over here desperately seeking validation is all we need to confirm the PSU dominance over Iowa. We are enjoying living rent free in your feeble Iowa heads!

Iowa losses to Okie State on all-time historic debate and to PSU on recency debate. Nothing you said changes that.

Reactions: Ski
Right, were Okie State, Iowa, and PSU great because of the universities attributes or were they mostly a product of having a great head coach or two that could bring in great wrestlers? PSU sat in a talent rich area for decades and only got the job done once until Cael arrived.

Okie State can lay claim to the Stone Ages, Iowa to the Bronze Ages, and PSU to the Information Age and I am good with each having their piece without comparing them. I am just glad Cael's most likely retirement year is somewhere close to the year I am expected to assume room temperature, so it is going to be a great ride, right to the very end.
Damn, I'm 76. Guess I have to live another 20 Years. Don't know where I'll be then, but I won't smell too good, that's for sure.

Please everyone, declare yourself the winner and drop it.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUbluTX
Oh yeah. We are having some FUN now!

I log back on after leaving for few minutes and 5 people have quoted my post. That's what im talking about! 🤣

PSU easily the dominant program of the 21st Century. Okie State most dominant all-time to-date. You realize it's 2024, not 1984, yes???

Reactions: danoftw
My kid got me into watching PSU wrestling when he went out for his school's team. PSU just got Sanderson and Taylor and they were fun to watch. Kids now barely know the history of the past. 2010 is now 14 years ago. It's always recent history that matters the most.

Reactions: Ski and Rocky_Smith
Serious question: What do you think it will take to change Iowa’s trajectory relative to PSU’s?
Recruiting and transfer portal. Even then, we have seen examples of top 10 recruits not get the results for Iowa that they get at Penn St. Injuries do play a role but style and development is a big advantage for Penn St.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT