ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Minnesota

That’s fair but the poster I responded to lumped me in with 98% of the GIA posters which I disagree with.

Not prolonging the argument, I said my piece and legit want you here posting wrestling. I wasn't intentionally responding to a single post, just the overall conversation.

iu

You guys have higher expectations for the teenage mind than me. I’ve already raised 3 and have a 16 and 10 year old. I don’t take most of what they say as rational.
Overrated…I said what I said”

“Carter Starocci is one of the best at 174 pounds, and that’s who I have in my mirror every single day. That’s who I see. That’s who I’m going to beat next year. So, these are goals that I have set for myself, and whether people like me or not, I honestly could care less. But my goal is to beat Carter Starocci. My goal is to be a 2024 NCAA national champ at 174 pounds. So, by any means necessary, that is what I will do. So, hate me or love me, I’m Gabe Arnold.”

Why would anyone question whether he’s going to wrestle Carter this year?

Maybe he mistook you for Turk who is by far the biggest piece of shit on either board...
This place is a cesspool aswell. You guys can call people whatever terrible name you come up with and no one cares.

Did GIApet get banned on HR or you just giving it a break for a bit? Where's my pizza?

That’s fair but the poster I responded to lumped me in with 98% of the GIA posters which I disagree with.
I'm the one who lumped you in with Ironbird, if that's what you're referring to. When I was reading your posts earlier in this thread I almost asked you if you also ran the Ironbird account, because to me, you sounded just like him. That's why I posted the comment comparing you two. It was just in good fun. That didn't have anything to do with the fact that you are both Iowa fans, or any other Iowa fan, or any other posting you've done on this site. It was solely based upon the content of your posts in this thread, and the approach you took responding to others, which in my opinion was very similar to the manner & style of posting used by Ironbird. I apologize if hearing that offends you, I'm kind of new here, and maybe I just haven't been around long enough to see all the 'good' posting you do?

Last edited:

“Carter Starocci is one of the best at 174 pounds, and that’s who I have in my mirror every single day. That’s who I see. That’s who I’m going to beat next year. So, these are goals that I have set for myself, and whether people like me or not, I honestly could care less. But my goal is to beat Carter Starocci. My goal is to be a 2024 NCAA national champ at 174 pounds. So, by any means necessary, that is what I will do. So, hate me or love me, I’m Gabe Arnold.”

Well, you have to win your spot, too, but apparently he’s having a problem winning the spot from their backup 165.

I don't owe you a single speck of my history, but I attended my first NCAA tournament as a child, in Arizona. Here's a hint for you, Dan Gable was not the head coach for Iowa. I was there though to see him as a first year head coach the next year in Oklahoma City.

Ever hear of Wade Schalles? He was close friends with my father and my father's friends, and he spent many a fun night with many many others at my Fathers house parties.

My all time favorite wrestler ever is the Gentle Giant Chris Taylor...the nicest, kindest person I ever knew, who signed an autograph for me in the early 70s.

I can go on, and on, and on, but then again so can everyone else on this board, because Pennsylvania is the mecca of wrestling in this nation, not Iowa, and everyone knows this. The jealousy of the Iowa fans constantly referencing 2011, is ignorant, and everyone in this sport will tell you that the only reason Penn State didn't become Penn State until then, was the failure of the University to hire the right coach. When the greatest wrestler AND coach who has ever been, chose Penn State, the world of wrestling already knew tjis would happen.
You told a very similar story back in 2017 under a different user name.

I discovered a couple years ago that the author of that 2010 article really likes to get emails from Penn State wrestling fans saying hello and reminding him how the tables have turned. 😊
That archived link is great but I wish you could find more of the “aging badly” threads from back then. There were some classic ones. And too bad he deleted the comments.

As for national forums, a lot of the worst Iowa homers got run off TheMat (or took their leave) after it was clear Cael was the new sheriff in town, but they were pretty funny back in 2012-13 - predicting greatness for Josh Dweiza and the like

good news for all you iowa fans esp iron,madden and turk iowa has 24 team titles PSU has what 12?thats means in 13 more yrs PSU passes iowa with more team titles.have a great day!

Reactions: District four

It sounds like Arnold wants to wrestle, but that decision might not be his. Iowa has to think about what they believe is their best opportunity to beat PSU, and redshirting Arnold might be one of the pieces of that impossible-to-solve puzzle

I'm in the minority on this board, but I like Arnold's attitude. He's a very good wrestler, he should be confident in his abilities! He's brash and direct, a lot like Starocci. I think in a weird way, Carter might even respect that.

It sounds like Arnold wants to wrestle, but that decision might not be his. Iowa has to think about what they believe is their best opportunity to beat PSU, and redshirting Arnold might be one of the pieces of that impossible-to-solve puzzle

I'm in the minority on this board, but I like Arnold's attitude. He's a very good wrestler, he should be confident in his abilities! He's brash and direct, a lot like Starocci. I think in a weird way, Carter might even respect that.

Obviously you know this, but the difference is that Starocci has done things to warrant great confidence or even cockiness. He's a 3-time national champ, will likely be a 4-time national champ and could be the first/only 5-time national champ. Arnold has had a couple of decent wins, but his claim that Starocci is overrated because he didn't tech a guy who stalled his ass off to avoid being scored on was/is patently ridiculous and count me among those who truly hopes that Arnold goes against Starocci and that he gets beaten like a red-headed stepchild. ;)

Kinda like Berger to Nolf?

I don’t mind the talk either. But walk the walk too. If he’s doing everything he can to get in the lineup to face Carter, then fine. It’s ultimately not his decision.

My point was more that of course people are going to call on Gabe to wrestle Carter when he said that. He gets five event dates even if on redshirt. One of them should be Feb 9th and at 174 lbs.

I like Gabe's attitude, too. He has the mindset of a champion. He wants to go after the best and beat the best instead of ducking. I didn't like when his cockiness crossed over into showing up an opponent with that little spanking thing, though.

His other problem appears to be that he has to win a spot in the lineup, too, and apparently, he has not done that.
Well, you have to win your spot, too, but apparently he’s having a problem winning the spot from their backup 165.

I don’t mind the talk either. But walk the walk too. If he’s doing everything he can to get in the lineup to face Carter, then fine. It’s ultimately not his decision.

My point was more that of course people are going to call on Gabe to wrestle Carter when he said that. He gets five event dates even if on redshirt. One of them should be Feb 9th and at 174 lbs.
Exactly, Id much rather see Brooks shut AJF up.

He didn't just say he wants to beat Starocci, he said he wants to beat Starocci and be the 2024 174 national champ. For that, he needs to wrestle full time, not just use his 5 dates.

He didn't just say he wants to beat Starocci, he said he wants to beat Starocci and be the 2024 174 national champ. For that, he needs to wrestle full time, not just use his 5 dates.
Well if he did wrestle Carter with one of his 5 and happened to beat him I am sure Brands would burn that shirt so quick Arnold would have at least first degree burns on his back. But there are a few big IF’s there.

My guess is that Arnold wrestles one of his matches against Carter in carver arena then sits and Kennedy finishes it out. Brands gets to unofficially duck Kennedy for seeding purposes and Arnold gets his wish this sounds crazy which is exactly why brands will do it lmfao

I discovered a couple years ago that the author of that 2010 article really likes to get emails from Penn State wrestling fans saying hello and reminding him how the tables have turned. 😊
I find it interesting that when I read the attached article, what we say is hurting Iowa is highlighted in it. One wrestler said the Brands does not really help them figure things out, but they do it themselves.

Marion said "(The coaches have) given me some helpful things, but mostly, it's just me figuring out what it takes and what I need to do and the mindset I need to be in that's gotten me to another level,"

How he handles managing wrestlers. Having a raffle to see who wrestles the day of the match. Several times?

It also shows that they just had the best talent by a wide margin.

This is why after a match or two the PSU guys overtake their Iowa counterparts.

Reactions: Ski
Iowa has to think about what they believe is their best opportunity to beat PSU, and redshirting Arnold might be one of the pieces of that impossible-to-solve puzzle

Clearly Arnold is Iowa's best answer at 174 this year and it ain't close, thus the only value that redshirt has is 4 years from now. Even Brands can't manage planning to finally beat PSU that far out.

As for Arnold I have zero problem with his goal set at beating Carter. Calling him over rated while still wearing a highschool singlet? That was being a chump. I want to see him get ragdolled as a result, so that he can properly reassess Carter's rating.

I like Gabe's attitude, too. He has the mindset of a champion. He wants to go after the best and beat the best instead of ducking. I didn't like when his cockiness crossed over into showing up an opponent with that little spanking thing, though.

His other problem appears to be that he has to win a spot in the lineup, too, and apparently, he has not done that.
Agree with you on the 'spanking'. That was just as weird as when Bo did it. And you're right, he'll need to beat Kennedy to earn a spot in the lineup. And if he can't do that, he might see how far away he is from Carter anyway.

Careful guys, or you’re gonna hurt your stomach laughing when the lone wolf hits you with one of his posts explaining how tough he is.
commercial construction..........improve this country..........testicular fortitude.........blah blah blah
Thank you for your service!

Reactions: JWil23 and danoftw
Not to mention PSU had a national title in 1953 and Iowa never even came in 2nd until 2 full decades later.
It is funny that Iowa fancies themselves as the dominant program but fail to recall that another program has already done that and has (10) more Natty's than they do. Also funny that all of a sudden having a team dominate like PSU has is bad for the sport.

Agree with you on the 'spanking'. That was just as weird as when Bo did it. And you're right, he'll need to beat Kennedy to earn a spot in the lineup. And if he can't do that, he might see how far away he is from Carter anyway.
Oh, but Zahid SO deserved it after his prior cockiness toward Mark Hall and AB.

• Haha
Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT