ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Michigan

I live on the west coast. And your bitterness brings a deep and abiding JOY 💚
P.S.
The time PSU without an injured Nolf beat a berobbed OSU has been one of the great moments in this sport for me like Schultz beating Banach. Now I will be able savor the many beatings Iowa took yesterday at the hands of a weirdly cobbled together cover band of a team.
I would say Iowa is as much “cobbled” together as Michigan.

No, I just borrowed the Civil War part from Tik10. That was a classic 👍
Nothing wrong with the reuse of a funny joke. Now that Deaugustino has a big win, I wonder how Nico would fare against him in the Penn State room. 😄

Reactions: danoftw
AJ isn’t coming.
Less evidence that way.
200.gif

Props to Michigan for really putting it on Iowa last night. I’ve been following Stevan Micic on YouTube (super likable guy) and it’s clear Michigan has a good thing going right now, including a ton of high quality senior level athletes in their club. Curious how freshman Lemely is doing so well? Look who he’s rolling with in Micic’s latest video. Iowa doesn’t have anything like this at the moment and hasn’t for quite some time.

Glaizer looks solid. With AJ coming in next year, I suspect Glazier will have plenty of transfer options this summer. Maybe he'll transfer to Michigan, and then beat AJ in next year's dual? Which other teams need a 197 pounder?
Glazier is looking better each time out. Count me in the minority, but I don't think it's a given AJ beats him next year. Likewise if Keuter adds the 20 lbs he needs for both football and wrestling that's one thing, but as soon as he becomes a real starter in football I think the two sport experiment will end. AJ should move up to heavy and try to get up to 230 or so. That's good for Wrestling heavyweight in folk and his possible future in WWE.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Glazier is looking better each time out. Count me in the minority, but I don't think it's a given AJ beats him next year. Likewise if Keuter adds the 20 lbs he needs for both football and wrestling that's one thing, but as soon as he becomes a real starter in football I think the two sport experiment will end. AJ should move up to heavy and try to get up to 230 or so. That's good for Wrestling heavyweight in folk and his possible future in WWE.
LOL Glazier will probably pin AJ next meeting!

Reactions: Fatmarc
AJ isn’t coming.

All the pubescent jokes aside, @jmadden1998 do you have any thoughts about why AJ Ferrari still has access to Iowa's weight room?

My best guess on why he hasn't yet left Iowa City is because he doesn't have other options. His brand is so tarnished that he sees Iowa as the closest thing to a sure thing. If he had a better option, he'd surely be long gone.

Instead, no other coaches are taking his calls, everyone mocked his slow-speed peel-out video solicitation, and he's reduced to hawking moon stones and mood rings on Instagram or wherever and sneaking into the Iowa weight room with a camera and no shirt.

Not that it much matters, but hard to understand how the ref didn't think that Woods was pinned there. Not only was Woods flat, he was flat for One-Mississippi, Two-Mississippi, Three Mississippi.
I thought he slapped the mat about a second after the clock expired.

Reactions: LongJakk
I am not privy to how important being on time for skin check is in D1 (vs, say weigh-ins)--but was Kevin Jackson involved here? Just curious. The Brands' throwing a hissy fit should hardly be news.

I am not privy to how important being on time for skin check is in D1 (vs, say weigh-ins)--but was Kevin Jackson involved here? Just curious. The Brands' throwing a hissy fit should hardly be news.
It’s interesting that they had a failed skin check at 141 the week before. Was it a failed skin check or also showing up late? Corby tweeted that a late skin check is typically someone still cutting weight late. If a late skin check means a late weigh in, then I get it. At the end of the day, follow the rules and there will be no need to bend them.

Props to Michigan for really putting it on Iowa last night. I’ve been following Stevan Micic on YouTube (super likable guy) and it’s clear Michigan has a good thing going right now, including a ton of high quality senior level athletes in their club. Curious how freshman Lemely is doing so well? Look who he’s rolling with in Micic’s latest video. Iowa doesn’t have anything like this at the moment and hasn’t for quite some time.
Nice catch on Lemely. It’s how I feel about Kasak rolling around with Lee and Zain.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
I read some info on GIA that Keuter was 240 before he began wrestling in January but dropped to 225 in the first couple of weeks of wrestling practice. I can not see how Ferentz is going to like whats going on with Keuter. This is the time of year when football players are lifting and adding good weight. It would not suprise me if Keuter is told it's either football or wrestling before 2025.

Reactions: Ja1339
All the pubescent jokes aside, @jmadden1998 do you have any thoughts about why AJ Ferrari still has access to Iowa's weight room?

My best guess on why he hasn't yet left Iowa City is because he doesn't have other options. His brand is so tarnished that he sees Iowa as the closest thing to a sure thing. If he had a better option, he'd surely be long gone.

Instead, no other coaches are taking his calls, everyone mocked his slow-speed peel-out video solicitation, and he's reduced to hawking moon stones and mood rings on Instagram or wherever and sneaking into the Iowa weight room with a camera and no shirt.
Maybe he can study John Candy in Planes, Trains and Automobiles and start selling shower curtain rings!!

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
I read some info on GIA that Keuter was 240 before he began wrestling in January but dropped to 225 in the first couple of weeks of wrestling practice. I can not see how Ferentz is going to like whats going on with Keuter. This is the time of year when football players are lifting and adding good weight. It would not suprise me if Keuter is told it's either football or wrestling before 2025.
It might just be wrestling. They had him for a year and if they really looked at him as a 2024 contributor he woudn't be messing around wrestling. Just my feeling.

The first half was so good I went back and watched it a second time. Iowa looked like they went to a keg party and played drinking games Thursday after practice.
You're wrong, I have a pic to prove it. Keep your lying comments to yourself!!

Dice Vegas GIF by The Weeknd

Been many calls for Nolf, Taylor, Dake, Bo, etc...
On a side note , what might Caels coaching tree look like 10-20 years from now. 😯
My worry is a rich Pitt alumni awakens that sleeping giant. Don’t know where you’re from but Pitt is in the middle of PA’s best high school wrestling.

My worry is a rich Pitt alumni awakens that sleeping giant. Don’t know where you’re from but Pitt is in the middle of PA’s best high school wrestling.
Grew up in Iowa @mcpat Of course everyone knows that PA is the hotbed of high school wrestling. I don't know the breakdowns by area though.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT