ADVERTISEMENT

AA Thoughts?

24Joe

Sep 19, 2022
Similar to thoughts on team AA chances, I'll give it a whirl:

125-could win it or not AA.
133--think he will AA, best case is 3rd
141--could win, will AA, but don't think he will win Mendez again.
149-like this kid, I believe he will AA, as high as 3rd.
157--no lower than 3rd, believe he wins it.
165-only favor KOT. Will AA.
174: WTFN. But from track record, will give him the title.
184. AA. Predict top 6.
197-wins
HVY wins

I’m still in disbelief in what Braeden has done as a true freshman and at B1G’s.

Kasak too. Man he looked good.

125 AA. Could win it.
133: AA
141: Top 3. Prob wins it given PSU’s track record of peaking at NCAA’s
149: AA. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in finals.
157: Champ
165: AA. Prob finalist. Could win it
174: No prediction
184: AA. Could win it
197: Champ
285: Champ

Won't be the 3. Flynn lost in the ACC finals. Nobody else (other than Stanich) can threaten Davis in the NCAA Seeding math.
Unfortunately, seeding math doesn’t consider losses to high school sophomores

I’m wondering what today does for Braeden’s seed. Especially since he didn’t wrestle Ramos or Ayala.
Because they LOST. They are obviously good wrestlers; but I think Ramos gets too much credit for ending Prince Spencer's coronation run with that stick (something I'll always appreciate), but he's up and down. In the dual with Davis, Ayala's knee ride was a stall. It won't work a second time. You could see how he improved in this tournament; and you know he's going to get better in the next two weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccdiver
I’m wondering what today does for Braeden’s seed. Especially since he didn’t wrestle Ramos or Ayala.
He's currently:
1 in Win %
1 in Conf Placement
5 in Coaches' Poll
10 in RPI

In the Coaches' Poll, 3 of the guys above him lost at B10s (1 Ramos finished 4th, 2 Ayala was 3rd, 4 Barnett was 7th). He's definitely moving ahead of Ramos and Barnett, probably Ayala. Stanich will definitely stay ahead of him.

In RPI, Stanich and Ayala are the only guys ahead of him who might also be ahead of him in the Coaches' Poll. Davis might move up a spot or two, but not enough to catch either of them here.

IMO he's the 1 or 2 seed (with Stanich getting the other). Madden convinced me that 3 is a possibility because of H2H, though that requires the Coaches' Interns to keep Ayala ahead of him, and even then it depends on Quality Wins math.

For the first time during this amazing PSU run, all ten guys are National Champion contenders. Obviously, I'm not saying they are favorites, but, there is no way any of the 10 can be completely counted out as a possible champ. Nagao would probably be the biggest surprise, no doubt, but, I don't think you can 100% count him out.

125- Top 3 (Nico pt2) -did enuff for #1 seed
133 -Top 5
141-Top 2 Gold if he ever opens it the hell up.
149-Top 4 Yep
157 gold
165-in finals if seeds go as they should
174- I know, but you're gonna have to wait till the last minute
184- Fourth of course
197- All bonus
285- Gold

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT