ADVERTISEMENT

iowa v princeton

From the sounds of it on HR, Warner has a bit of an issue with taking losses way too emotionally. May be why he is getting eased into the schedule
Saw that. Better keep him away from Bo. He likes to pin hawks in embarrassing ways with no regard for their self esteem. If Terry really wanted to go for a ride he'd ask Bo to launch him.

Brands is such an annoying punk. I wish the refs would smack him.
giphy.gif

Reactions: danoftw
Something in the Iowa soil, corn, or water?

Almost every Iowa guy talks in these short, staccato, supremely self-confident sentences: Metcalf, Ramos, Gilman, et. al. and now seemingly Spencer Lee as well.

Of course, it is really the Brands' effect. Brand-washing (a la brain-washing).

Almost every Iowa guy talks in these short, staccato, supremely self-confident sentences: Metcalf, Ramos, Gilman, et. al. and now seemingly Spencer Lee as well.

The 3-inch binder has a list of acceptable interview phrases.

Wacky comment in that thread. “surest bets for Gold - Lee, Nolf, Stoll”

Uh, yeah.

The 3-inch binder has a list of acceptable interview phrases.

Options for a wrestler to say in an interview:

(a) I just have to wrestle the whole 7 minutes.
(b) I just have to go out and score points.
(c) I just have to keep wrestling through all the positions.
(d) I just have to thank God for giving me the ability to compete.
(e) All of the above.

It's so nice to hear someone break form and say or do something different, whether that is Dylan Palacio with his crazy quasi-psychological rambles, or Ben Askren bringing a briefcase to the mat, or even Mongolian coaches stripping in front of the crowd.

Reactions: lookleft goright

(e) All of the above.

It's so nice to hear someone break form and say or do something different, whether that is Dylan Palacio with his crazy quasi-psychological rambles, or Ben Askren bringing a briefcase to the mat, or even Mongolian coaches stripping in front of the crowd.
Example “ You can’t grow a great mullet in a day just like you can’t win a Big Ten title in a day”

(a) I just have to wrestle the whole 7 minutes. RIght?
(b) I just have to go out and score points. Right?
(c) I just have to keep wrestling through all the positions. Right?
(d) I just have to thank God for giving me the ability to compete. Right
(e) All of the above.
fify

Exactly my thoughts for Iowa. That’s why I don’t understand the constant need to point out that we have half our starters from PA. If we ever want to beat you guys we need to get the best guys no matter where they went to high school
I don't want to dredge this up, as this thread seemed to reach some type of mutual agreement. However, I live in Iowa and I can say for certain that if PSU had 5-7 starters from IA, not a day would go by where I wasn't reminded of that.
We can speculate why Lee is at Iowa, and Teske at PSU, but bottom line is it's no surprise that each state is proud of their guy.
The only surprise is that it took until 2009 to wake up the PA giant.

Last edited:
I don't want to dredge this up, as it this thread seemed to reach some type of mutual agreement. However, I live in Iowa and I can say for certain that if PSU had 5-7 starters from IA, not a day would go by where I wasn't reminded of that.
We can speculate why Lee is at Iowa, and Teske at PSU, but bottom line is it's no surprise that each state is proud of their guy.
The only surprise is that it took until 2009 to wake up the PA giant.

maxresdefault.jpg

Exactly my thoughts for Iowa. That’s why I don’t understand the constant need to point out that we have half our starters from PA. If we ever want to beat you guys we need to get the best guys no matter where they went to high school
Sir, it is a genetic thing with Pennsylvanians (and I say that as a native Pennsylvanian). A unique brand of hyperparochialism where The more local something is, the better it is. And it stays that way forever.

For example, a friend and mentor from central pa (Harrisburg area) came home from college and was asked what he was going to do next. “Law school,” he says.
“Where” he is asked.
“Penn,” he replies.
“Couldn’t get in to Dickinson?” Asks his friend.

True story. You guys have a little of it in Iowa too, but nowhere comes close to pa.

Reactions: diggerpup
Anybody know why Iowa got 1 penalty point deduction last night? Did TnT misfire again?

Brands is such an annoying punk. I wish the refs would smack him.

Brands with the bench warning

but even though it was a PA college transfer....couldnt wash away the FL....Lugo takes another loss this time 7-4 in this his NC season

lets see if Iowa can get something out of this next PA kid at 157

for those following along....5 weights 5 kids affiliated with PA wrestling for Iowa

One of them was barking at the ref during the review on whether Lugo got any back points.

I love the Brands! Fantastic personalities! Beats listening to a guy with the charisma of a soiled diaper anyday

(e) All of the above.

But not “ THAT’S WHAT WE DO”

One of them was barking at the ref during the review on whether Lugo got any back points.

Control of the mat penalty. Glad to see they called it. In the past they would have let Brands (pretty sure it was Terry) get away with a lot more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT