ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Team Photos

Yeah, this thread sucks.

For those who seem to get bent out of shape about js8793 camping out here, I really don’t see the big deal. Sure, he might not take the higher road as often as a jrod65, but geez, he brings good quality to the forum.

We could have much worse Iowa fans over here. Say, IronBird or WildTurk, for example. Oh, wait.

#eatitturk

Can these guys at least get different names? I don't mind them but I never remember who is who with the J bros.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I think both fanbases are crossing lines in this thread. Let’s stop with the hate and try to get along… ok???

So, do we see a medicated or unmedicated DeSanto at Nationals this year? I think things are so close it could determine the championship.
Just hope he stops getting injured. It would be awkward if his own fans started booing him.

I think both fanbases are crossing lines in this thread. Let’s stop with the hate and try to get along… ok???

So, do we see a medicated or unmedicated DeSanto at Nationals this year? I think things are so close it could determine the championship.
This is what he really meant😎

palpatine-hate.gif

• Haha
Reactions: johnstownsteel
You have always been a good sport, JS. You must know that I'm just busting your chops here.

What really sucks is that Alabama will probably be bounced upwards into the top four and be guaranteed a spot in the pseudo playoffs unless they lose a second time. Most teams are out of the running after one loss. But if you're Alabama or Notre Dame, you need to lose twice to get DQd from the final four.

OK, end of rant. Let's get back to wrestling!
The year the Big10 commissioner promoted the idea that the Big10 champion was not a CFP necessity he effectively blessed the idea of 2 SEC teams and Notre Dame as 3 CFP spots and the ACC, Big10, Big12 and Pac12 competing for the 4th spot.

Reactions: AgSurfer
The year the Big10 commissioner promoted the idea that the Big10 champion was not a CFP necessity he effectively blessed the idea of 2 SEC teams and Notre Dame as 3 CFP spots and the ACC, Big10, Big12 and Pac12 competing for the 4th spot.
Interesting theory, but the SEC has had 2 schools once (2018), and Notre Dame has appeared once (2019).

Interesting theory, but the SEC has had 2 schools once (2018), and Notre Dame has appeared once (2019).

Not to mention that ND is in the ACC essentially. The SEC and ACC are the only conferences to get two teams in but it has only happened once for both. This year is honestly a more likely year than most to get two in since a one loss Bama who beats an undefeated UGA in the CCG probably means that both Bama and UGA get in as as either #1 and #4 or #2 and #3.

As I am known to do, I over exaggerated.
There have been 4 seasons since the season the Big10 commissioner promoted the idea the Big10 champion is not a CFP necessity.

In those 4 seasons the Big10 champion has not been selected to the CFP 2 times.
For the first time, the SEC had 2 teams selected. The ACC and Notre Dame have been selected together twice. Oklahoma 3 times, the Pac12 zero.
There was a time the Big10 would have simply stated, our champ is playing way b4 someone else's runner-up and that would have been that.
Once Delaney publicly stated there is nothing special in winning a Big10 championship the Big10 has been represented in the CFP only more often than the Pac12.

If PSU runs the table and wins the 2021 Big10 championship. They aren't going in front of a one loss Notre Dame nor a one loss SEC runner-up. The precedent has been set.

Reactions: AgSurfer
As I am known to do, I over exaggerated.
There have been 4 seasons since the season the Big10 commissioner promoted the idea the Big10 champion is not a CFP necessity.

In those 4 seasons the Big10 champion has not been selected to the CFP 2 times.
For the first time, the SEC had 2 teams selected. The ACC and Notre Dame have been selected together twice. Oklahoma 3 times, the Pac12 zero.
There was a time the Big10 would have simply stated, our champ is playing way b4 someone else's runner-up and that would have been that.
Once Delaney publicly stated there is nothing special in winning a Big10 championship the Big10 has been represented in the CFP only more often than the Pac12.

If PSU runs the table and wins the 2021 Big10 championship. They aren't going in front of a one loss Notre Dame nor a one loss SEC runner-up. The precedent has been set.

I certainly can't argue that Delany did the conference no favors here. I think you're right in that he probably hurt the perception of the conference. I think the only 1-loss conference runner-up that stands a chance of being selected over a 1-loss B1G champ is a 1-loss SEC runner-up in UGA if they lose a close one to Bama in the CCG.

I kind of asked the same question about a year ago and I got slammed by readers who didn't understand my question. My point was that Iowa did not recruit wrestlers of color. It was only an observation not a statement.
Wow! A twofer. Race and Sandusky in the same thread! Let’s add politics and religion, too! #battleroyale :oops:

Reactions: nitlion6
I kind of asked the same question about a year ago and I got slammed by readers who didn't understand my question. My point was that Iowa did not recruit wrestlers of color. It was only an observation not a statement.
Oh, Iowa certainly recruits them(except Brooks for whatever reason) they just don't land them often. I can get into all the logistics, but I don't find it necessary just yet😀

Wow! A twofer. Race and Sandusky in the same thread! Let’s add politics and religion, too! #battleroyale :oops:
Sure, this board is going away soon anyway. Both the right and the left have completely lost their way, all the gods are make believe, and "Don't talk about race!" is the slogan for those who would maintain their favored status (Not pointed at you Dog, you are cool)

Last edited:
Oh, Iowa certainly recruits them(except Brooks for whatever reason) they just don't land them often. I can get into all the logistics, but I don't find it necessary just yet😀
I guess they just don't recruit Black wrestlers as hard as other schools? It is a pretty stunning year over year result. I would love to be out in left field on this, but the excuses start to ring hollow after a while.

I too was on the “give Cass a pass, there’s no way he’s juicing“ but man those biceps…. My son hit weights just about as hard as you can to bulk up for FB his senior year, although he only went from 180-210 in about 6 months his gains didnt come close to this.He did it clean too, and has the trophies to prove it. Man this transformation is hard to believe.

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
Did I really bring the thread low, or just bring up something no one wants to talk about? I never slung mud, never drew a conclusion, just pointed out an uncomfortable fact.

I too was on the “give Cass a pass, there’s no way he’s juicing“ but man those biceps…. My son hit weights just about as hard as you can to bulk up for FB his senior year, although he only went from 180-210 in about 6 months his gains didnt come close to this.He did it clean too, and has the trophies to prove it. Man this transformation is hard to believe.
good news is that he and spencer were recently drug tested by the ncaa, so you can put those worries to bed.

on a serious note, he didn't build those biceps in 6 months. he revealed what was already there by losing the fat.

Reactions: MVPFAN
good news is that he and spencer were recently drug tested by the ncaa, so you can put those worries to bed.

on a serious note, he didn't build those biceps in 6 months. he revealed what was already there by losing the fat.
Good to know he wont be any stronger, just quicker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT