ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Team Photos

Bitter? How could I be bitter about an Iowa loss when I bet the farm on Purdue over the weekend and cleaned up? $$$$$ 😎
good bet! I heard a stat earlier today that purdue holds the record for most wins as unranked team over the #1 or #2 team in the country with 9. the next closest has 4. giant killers.

Reactions: AgSurfer
you know i'm starting to think a lot of you might be a little bitter about that loss
Bitter about the loss? No. Disappointed about the loss, but we still control our own destiny.

Bitter about Iowa coaches and fans displaying incredibly poor sportsmanship? Yes indeed.

Happy that Purdue put a karmatastic beat down on those poor sports? Oh yeah, baby!!!

But we all know you don’t really care about Iowa football. Hey…LSU had a big victory! One would think that you would be on the Tiger board celebrating.

Reactions: Ja1339
Bitter about the loss? No. Disappointed about the loss, but we still control our own destiny.

Bitter about Iowa coaches and fans displaying incredibly poor sportsmanship? Yes indeed.

Happy that Purdue put a karmatastic beat down on those poor sports? Oh yeah, baby!!!

But we all know you don’t really care about Iowa football. Hey…LSU had a big victory! One would think that you would be on the Tiger board celebrating.
in regards to LSU, it was best of both words. good win over a rival AND the AD didn't let that stop him from seeing the bigger picture and let orgeron go anyway. too often guys hang on too long if they can do just enough even though everybody knows they aren't the long term answer.

I was thinking that for the whole thread.....It's that time of year where everyone is chomping at the bit for the season to start and strange/weird threads pop up on the board.
Yeah, this thread sucks.

For those who seem to get bent out of shape about js8793 camping out here, I really don’t see the big deal. Sure, he might not take the higher road as often as a jrod65, but geez, he brings good quality to the forum.

We could have much worse Iowa fans over here. Say, IronBird or WildTurk, for example. Oh, wait.

#eatitturk

Yeah, this thread sucks.

For those who seem to get bent out of shape about js8793 camping out here, I really don’t see the big deal. Sure, he might not take the higher road as often as a jrod65, but geez, he brings good quality to the forum.

We could have much worse Iowa fans over here. Say, IronBird or WildTurk, for example. Oh, wait.

#eatitturk
It's your wrestling board. However you carry it off into the sunset is up to you guys.

Reactions: Ruby Tues
Yeah, it's been almost TWO WHOLE YEARS since he won the NC. Surprised they waited this long. It was time for him to go.
high standards. many think, and for good reason, that that season was way more Burrow and Brady than him. And people also forget that he was on the hot seat going into that year. nobody saw them coming. two years of returning to an average 7-8 win team not competing for the playoffs isn't acceptable at LSU.

but the bigger issue was actually his behavior off the field. not a good look when photos circulate on the internet of you in bed with a college girl. even worse when you roll up on a woman at a gas pump and say "you look like you workout. do you want to come workout with me?" and even worse when she ends up being the pregnant wife of a high level LSU administrator. he burned through the national title goodwill very quickly.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I dunno man, seems pretty happy to me:

FB3nOqDWYAMBH69
Is that Kemmerer in the middle?

You have always been a good sport, JS. You must know that I'm just busting your chops here.

What really sucks is that Alabama will probably be bounced upwards into the top four and be guaranteed a spot in the pseudo playoffs unless they lose a second time. Most teams are out of the running after one loss. But if you're Alabama or Notre Dame, you need to lose twice to get DQd from the final four.

OK, end of rant. Let's get back to wrestling!

You have always been a good sport, JS. You must know that I'm just busting your chops here.

What really sucks is that Alabama will probably be bounced upwards into the top four and be guaranteed a spot in the pseudo playoffs unless they lose a second time. Most teams are out of the running after one loss. But if you're Alabama or Notre Dame, you need to lose twice to get DQd from the final four.

OK, end of rant. Let's get back to wrestling!
Isn’t it probable that Alabama and Georgia play for SEC championship? So Alabama would likely have their second loss?
but what if Bama wins and there are two one loss SEC teams?

Sure, [js8793] might not take the higher road as often as a jrod65, but geez, he brings good quality to the forum …
#eatitturk
Remember when Johnstown put a curse on JS and said JS would morph over time into Iowa’s version of Johnstown? That’s what we’re seeing: an accelerating infection. Doctors call it Steel Gangrene. :)

high standards. many think, and for good reason, that that season was way more Burrow and Brady than him. And people also forget that he was on the hot seat going into that year. nobody saw them coming. two years of returning to an average 7-8 win team not competing for the playoffs isn't acceptable at LSU.

but the bigger issue was actually his behavior off the field. not a good look when photos circulate on the internet of you in bed with a college girl. even worse when you roll up on a woman at a gas pump and say "you look like you workout. do you want to come workout with me?" and even worse when she ends up being the pregnant wife of a high level LSU administrator. he burned through the national title goodwill very quickly.
Ed was already hired by the South Padre Island Police Department. He's good.
giphy.gif

You mean like the high standards LSU had with it's prior coach, Les Miles? LSU sure knows how to pick them.

Yes, correctly. Is this the road you want to go down? Don't be a clown.

*googles "penn state football scandal"
JS, what are you (or anyone) trying to accomplish in this thread? You are definitely losing goodwill. But what do you hope to gain? It’s not as if you (nor anyone else) are sounding intelligent or interesting in this thread. 🧐

Last edited:
Reactions: PASLP2
JS, what are you (or anyone) trying to accomplish in this thread? You are definitely losing goodwill. But what do you hope to gain? It’s not as if you (nor anyone else) are sounding intelligent or interesting in this thread. 🧐
you're right. i have a personality flaw of not being able to let a response, especially one with an obvious comeback, go. i will try to do better.

Yes, correctly. Is this the road you want to go down? Don't be a clown.

*googles "penn state football scandal"
Oh, I wouldn’t even look down that road if I were you.. Lose, Lose..

Especially when it seems like some of them kinda like you

Reactions: Dogwelder
you're right. i have a personality flaw of not being able to let a response, especially one with an obvious comeback, go. i will try to do better.
I know that reaction too well! But WildTurk is right—you can’t let yourself be first to bring up he who must not be named! :)

Reactions: js8793
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT