ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana

This has to be pretty demoralizing for other teams. SVN goes down with injury, Kasak steps in (up a weight?) with no apparent drop-off and techs ranked guys. Rogotzke breathes a sigh of relief that he won’t have to face Truax today. Barr (a sort of backup?) puts down his books, says “hold my rootbeer”, and majors him.

And someone forgot to tell our freshman that they’re not supposed to be able to act this way towards their opponents:
serious arnold schwarzenegger GIF

Somebody needs to tell that young kid who keeps starting the “We Are” chants every three minutes that once per meet from him is enough.
A friend of mine took his autistic son to the match today, he was super stoked. Hopefully this wasnt him, sorry if it was and he ruined your experience.

• Wow
Reactions: USPMAN
A big ten opponent in name only. Why didn’t PSU throw their backups out there? That was bad or is it the state of college duals vs. PSU?
They need the matches! PSU wrestles so few matches. They need to qualify for rankings

Reactions: Maddog
Pretty much outside of Iowa we are going to curb stomp everyone. Our guys need matches.
Yes, even Michigan. At the very most they'll only win 3 matches: 125, 149, and mayyyyybe HWT (Davison is good enough that Kerk can't make mistakes). But more likely we'll win HWT and pick off 125. (Rooting for Kasak, but Gomez is still a returning national finalist.)

Other than progress at 125 and 149, the real info is how readily Psycho's irresistible force overcomes Amine's immovable object.

Brooks is just surgical
My wife and I were discussing this during the Brooks match. He is just so smooth. We started to compare his attitude to that of Easy Ed, but, that’s not right. Ruth could lull a guy into a takedown. Brooks just works every second like a brain surgeon. Both guys are all-time greats and we are damned lucky to get to see them.

My wife and I were discussing this during the Brooks match. He is just so smooth. We started to compare his attitude to that of Easy Ed, but, that’s not right. Ruth could lull a guy into a takedown. Brooks just works every second like a brain surgeon. Both guys are all-time greats and we are damned lucky to get to see them.
I think the right comparison for Aaron is Mark Hall. Pro athletes say that the biggest adjustment is the speed of the game, and success comes when you can process the action fast enough that the game slows down for you. That's how Mark wrestled -- as if the action completely stopped for him so he could adjust a foot or hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT