ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana

It reminded me of the time Deakin rode Nolf the entire 3rd period so he could avoid being teched. He didn't care that he got 3 or 4 stall calls.
Rooks had no choice. If he lets him up it’s a tech and if he gets 2 stalls it’s a tech. Only option was to try to score from top.

Reactions: Grass
Others -- all wrestled within the last 10 years though some may have been FR earlier than that:
- Martinez (undefeated FR champ)
- Tomasello (FR champ)
- Stieber (FR champ)
- Tsirtsis (FR champ)
- Martin (FR champ, albeit 11 seed)
- Cox (FR champ)
- Snyder (FR finalist)
- Port (FR 3rd, 29-1)
- Dieringer (FR 3rd, 33-2, lost in OT to champ in semis)
- Gabe Dean (FR 3rd, 41-3, beat Ruth at Scuffle)
Ok, but other than all those guys, there aren’t many others …😆

Was out all day and just finished watching. How in the Hell was Fongaro not given a stall warning when the first shot he took in the entire match was with 40 seconds left?

Our Freshman are beyond impressive. Great to see Levi sans knee brace!

WE ARE!!!

great roll thru when that kid had the headlock!
I said it last week and reiterate it this week. Davis looks like a throwback to the old days. I whooped it up when that kid tried the headlock and David rolled on thru instantly! That's the way I taught my 7 year-olds to counter the headlock 30-40 years ago.
Yes, Davis wrestles a seemingly old style, but I'm most impressed with the speed of his counters. He hits them with quickness and power and doesn't take any time thinking about it. This kid is fun to watch.

was it me or did the ref not seem to want to blow the whistle for a pin? I thought i saw a few instances where the pin should have been called.
Now i was painting some walls in my hallway so i was listening more but the few times i did look over i thought we should have had 1 or 2. Kasak appeared to have Rooks pinned 2 or 3 times alone

Edit: BB seemed to have his guy pinned at the end as well
kasak had him pinned, ref wasn't in position

MM’s style seems custom made for our team 😃

The beauty of Cael is all styles can fit. Bartlett as a cautious, counter wrestler. Messenbrink as a Nolf like animal. Nagao as a hammer on top. I could go on, but you get the idea. Cael gets them to be the best that they can be within their talents and doesn't force any style on them. There is an Iowa style. There is no Penn State style but winning.

A few shots from today

417523912_10159747558890812_6048736873108305787_n.jpg

417405735_10159747558515812_4872598460089961040_n.jpg

417497718_10159747559155812_7593222585675530403_n.jpg

417562239_10159747559200812_32872467600907077_n.jpg

417363311_10159747558425812_5148469591999225107_n.jpg

Unfortunately, it's really hard to hear what question is being asked.

Pet Peeve. You can never hear the question in these pressers and why isnt the whole presser posted. It cuts off while guys are still taking questions.

Rooks had no choice. If he lets him up it’s a tech and if he gets 2 stalls it’s a tech. Only option was to try to score from top.
Also, if Rooks rides him out it's a tech due to riding time.

Last edited:
Pet Peeve. You can never hear the question in these pressers and why isnt the whole presser posted. It cuts off while guys are still taking questions.
Mine too. And they somehow found two mics when Aaron and Carter were there but couldn't give one of these to the press when Cael was speaking? Really, really shoddy work by PSU. Not hearing the questions kinda defeats the purpose.

I've sent notes to the folks at PSU addressing this issue but they don't give a darn. USA Wrestling is the same but different, they tend to do their interviews in a noisy hallway and the questions are drowned out by background noise

Others -- all wrestled within the last 10 years though some may have been FR earlier than that:
- Martinez (undefeated FR champ)
- Tomasello (FR champ)
- Stieber (FR champ)
- Tsirtsis (FR champ)
- Martin (FR champ, albeit 11 seed)
- Cox (FR champ)
- Snyder (FR finalist)
- Port (FR 3rd, 29-1)
- Dieringer (FR 3rd, 33-2, lost in OT to champ in semis)
- Gabe Dean (FR 3rd, 41-3, beat Ruth at Scuffle)
Yianni (FR champ)
Lewis (FR champ)
Ford Focus (FR champ)
Fix (FR finalist)
Carr (18-1 in FR year, no tournament; won the next year)
Griffith (27-0 in FR year, no tournament; won the next year)

Didn't have to go that far back -- except for Ferrari, all wrestled in last year's NCAAs.
I may have missed a few

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT