ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana

PSU210

Oct 20, 2019
Now that Oregon State is in the review mirror, thoughts on Indiana? Love the 1:00 start as opposed to the usual Sunday 2:00. Any matchups to look forward to?

Reactions: hlstone
Keeping Up With The Kardashians Everything GIF by E!

Wrestlestat predicts shutout.

Kasak/Rooks
Star/Washington

Other than that..really not much other than watch out guys work on their craft

Now that Oregon State is in the review mirror, thoughts on Indiana? Love the 1:00 start as opposed to the usual Sunday 2:00. Any matchups to look forward to?
149 might be their only weight where they have even an outside shot at one of the PSU starters. If Kasak wins and our guys are all going in the upper weights, it’s probably a shutout.

I know Brayton Lee transferred there, looks like he isn't the starter, hope he's okay. Graham Rooks will be a good test for the young Kasak. Reminder he beat Henson last year and gave Shayne all he wanted by NCAAs (though Shayne majored him twice before)

Carter vs Washington is a nothingburger beyond previous stories, they have buried the hatchet it appears since they wrestled at NCAAs last year without incident.

If all the starters go, 149 Rooks is probably the only Indiana guy with a real shot at winning.

Too bad 165 Lillard was injured by Fernandes. I don't think wins but would've been another nice match for Psycho.

141 Fongaro is having a nice year, 15-1 albeit against less than great competition. Won the Scuffle. Only loss against Composto. I don't think he can beat Beau, but could make Beau work a little.

The only other possibility is if the coaches gave Aaron a week off for what looks like a stinger. If so, 197 Sollars (17-6) maybe could beat Cochran or Ball, though him winning against our depth is not a given.

If all the starters go, 149 Rooks is probably the only Indiana guy with a real shot at winning.

Too bad 165 Lillard was injured by Fernandes. I don't think wins but would've been another nice match for Psycho.

141 Fongaro is having a nice year, 15-1 albeit against less than great competition. Won the Scuffle. Only loss against Composto. I don't think he can beat Beau, but could make Beau work a little.

The only other possibility is if the coaches gave Aaron a week off for what looks like a stinger. If so, 197 Sollars (17-6) maybe could beat Cochran or Ball, though him winning against our depth is not a given.
Ball has game ( no pun intended)

Did black shoes always put up the vids of media day? These are great. Also Cael might sit Cody down after that interview! Total opposites in openness to discuss the team 😂
They may have in the past, but not super recently, I don't think. Most of the wrestling writers for BSD aren't local, so it's tough. I am local though, and I was delighted to be asked to give it a go this year. They aren't at the most convenient time in my schedule, but I hope to record most of them, if not all. (I did miss at least 1 or maybe 2 or 3 questions at the beginning of Cody's segment because I was fighting icy sidewalks today enroute).

Media Availability today ahead of Indiana:

Where was the dodgeball game video you promised us? And youneed a scooter with studded tires!

But in all seriousness, thanks, great videos and questions. I am glad someone followed up with asking what Beau’s world class power, he surprised me with cooking.

Where was the dodgeball game video you promised us? And youneed a scooter with studded tires!

But in all seriousness, thanks, great videos and questions. I am glad someone followed up with asking what Beau’s world class power, he surprised me with cooking.
The dodgeball game was pretty low-key this week. I’ll catch a good one soon. In the meantime, RBY’s guy filmed practice from last Tuesday’s availability. there are dodgeball shots. If you look through the glass doors, you might see my head.

anybody going to the pswc social before the match? debating between that or taking my kid to the science center.

For the most part, with every interview it seems dodgeball is going on in the background. I am beginning to think that is all the kids do. Who would have thought Cael's dynasty building secret was so simple? No wrestling, only dodgeball. It builds reaction time, agility, cardio, and it's fun. No wonder why our guys have the stronger tanks in March. Actual wrestling is for wussies.

Our it could be that interviews are only granted after practice? Nah.

174 is going to be fun!!
The prediction here (not to mention history-) says Washington will start to gas about halfway thru the second period and it's going to be all down an increasingly steep hill for him from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw and hlstone
For the most part, with every interview it seems dodgeball is going on in the background. I am beginning to think that is all the kids do. Who would have thought Cael's dynasty building secret was so simple? No wrestling, only dodgeball. It builds reaction time, agility, cardio, and it's fun. No wonder why our guys have the stronger tanks in March. Actual wrestling is for wussies.

Our it could be that interviews are only granted after practice? Nah.
So far this season, the press availability is always right as everyone is arriving for NLWC practice. I always assumed dodgeball was the warmup activity, but who knows, maybe that's all they ever do in that room, lol.

So far this season, the press availability is always right as everyone is arriving for NLWC practice. I always assumed dodgeball was the warmup activity, but who knows, maybe that's all they ever do in that room, lol.
Its no wonder Robbie could never get his shoulder completely healed.

Reactions: nerfstate
So how much would it cost the team for the honor to challenge us at a game? I know Bordeaux is quite expensive. Roar will bring us home the win though.
A wrestler told me it's been suggested to him before as a NIL fundraiser ... he told me it would be extremely dangerous for fans to partake and it wasn't a tongue in cheek joke.

A wrestler told me it's been suggested to him before as a NIL fundraiser ... he told me it would be extremely dangerous for fans to partake and it wasn't a tongue in cheek joke.
I was the oldest player in a dodgeball league last year and i smoked those young fools. Im even better at wrestling dodgeball.
Im just going to show up in a singlet and see if i can sneak into a game.

I was the oldest player in a dodgeball league last year and i smoked those young fools. Im even better at wrestling dodgeball.
Im just going to show up in a singlet and see if i can sneak into a game.
Is your dodgeball game better than your ping pong game? You seem like you'd fit right in at the NLWC . . ..

Is your dodgeball game better than your ping pong game? You seem like you'd fit right in at the NLWC . . ..
Thats a tough call my friend. I would say ping pong #1 , pickleball#2, dodgeball #3, arm wrestling #4.

Not been to practice for a year or two, but, my observation was that dodgeball is played during a break period as a means of keeping the sweat flowing. Afterward the coaches usually spoke to the team in a close circle for a short time and then they all broke out into drills. One thing that really stuck out to me was that Cael does not like to lose at dodgeball. Only when one of his guys wins their first does he show more emotion.

Reactions: Sullivan and Ski
Even as an adult, the Franklin Institute rules. But maybe that’s just the nerd in me.
Yeah, it's kinda a stretch to compare Discovery Space to the Franklin Institute. DiscoverySpace IS cool--especially for ages 3-8ish. But not nearly the experience for all ages Franklin provides. The Rivet--their attached makerspace is another thing altogether--super cool.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT