ADVERTISEMENT

In Iowa desperation news…

This is gonna be hard to remember: bnicolls

This is him. Charming fellow. The eviction jokes will make more sense now.
LOL this degenerate SOB has the audacity to call it "Monarch."

Got a long way to go yet for that.

My gosh, his own players robbed his house. I still can hardly fathom it.
And if you want another real underrated dirty coach from the old Big 8, can't go wrong with "Dr." Tom Osborne.

In addition to never, ever forgiving that crappy-ass, boring Nebraska team for stealing a national title from arguably the best college football team (not just offense) ever, let me say the whole secret to Osborne's final era of success was going so thuggy the Ferrari's seem like saints.

Sounds like dirty is all relative.

AJ—the oldest. 2021 Champ, Car accident, sexual assault charges

Anthony-middle one..14 overall recruit out of HS but hasn’t wrestled in 2 yrs. Signed to OKie State but allegedly shot up Mastriovanis car after Mastro slept with Ferraris sister, also burglary charges

Angelo—youngest—excellent wrestler #1 overall in class of 2024. No charges or allegations I’ve heard..seems he’s the good kid
Ferarris sister and girlfriend…

Barry Switzer
Funny story. When I was a new associate, we got to go to lunch with a big shot sr partner who let us pick from 5 war stories for him to tell us about. The first of course was him convicting jimmy hoffa. The second was him defending Barry in a famous insider trading case, in which Barry was at a track meet to see some athlete and pretended to fall asleep on the bleachers while listening to two insiders discuss market sensitive info with each other. Then of course he traded on it.

And if you want another real underrated dirty coach from the old Big 8, can't go wrong with "Dr." Tom Osborne.

In addition to never, ever forgiving that crappy-ass, boring Nebraska team for stealing a national title from arguably the best college football team (not just offense) ever, let me say the whole secret to Osborne's final era of success was going so thuggy the Ferrari's seem like saints.
Urban Meyer would join in with the Ferraris boys wrestling the co-eds

Funny story. When I was a new associate, we got to go to lunch with a big shot sr partner who let us pick from 5 war stories for him to tell us about. The first of course was him convicting jimmy hoffa. The second was him defending Barry in a famous insider trading case, in which Barry was at a track meet to see some athlete and pretended to fall asleep on the bleachers while listening to two insiders discuss market sensitive info with each other. Then of course he traded on it.
Thanks for sharing that!

I heard of Barry's defense before, but, yeah, he always pretended he was completely innocent of trying to listen in.

I believe it was his son who was competing in track and field.

Reactions: Aardvark86
How long you guys give it until Mr Fast Twist trying to give it to Moriah Marinelli?
It wouldn't be a proper TV drama without some who is doing whom? However, that being said. If I am Fast twitch I might sniff somewhere else. A confrontation between the two isn't going to happen on a Friday night NCAA Quarter-final stage. Marinelli would not be kind to Fast twitch.

Spurrier is one of them. Urban was just a visitor.

Funniest Spurrier line. After beating Manning's UofTenn team again and regulating the Vols to the Citrus Bowl Spurrier said in his post game press conference, "you'll know you can't spell Citrus without U and T."

• Haha
Reactions: creamery freak
The funniest part of this is that, unlike pretty much any other great coach, they seem to have pretty much zero recognition that the most important ingredient in any championship team is not talent or tactics. It is culture.
Culture’s just a mental construct

Reactions: danoftw
Thanks for sharing that!

I heard of Barry's defense before, but, yeah, he always pretended he was completely innocent of trying to listen in.

I believe it was his son who was competing in track and field.
The hoffa story was truly great. The highlight was he actually had a perry mason moment. The g’s case came down to a document signed James r hoffa. On the stand, hoffa denied ever signing anything that way, and sure enough the g couldn’t find anything. Trial adjourns for the weekend to wrap on Monday. They find a condo lease signed James r. So Monday comes, and guy asks hoffa whether he was familiar with a consulting agreement with an entity. Hoffa says, that wasn’t a consulting agreement, it was a lease. He produces the document, and asks and isn’t that lease signed on the last page James r hoffa. Check mate.

(Also young jimmy was caught on several occasions trying to listen in on the jury room).

Ferarris sister and girlfriend…
season 4 showtime GIF by Billions

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
That might be the most Switzerish story I've heard lol.

The hoffa story was truly great. The highlight was he actually had a perry mason moment. The g’s case came down to a document signed James r hoffa. On the stand, hoffa denied ever signing anything that way, and sure enough the g couldn’t find anything. Trial adjourns for the weekend to wrap on Monday. They find a condo lease signed James r. So Monday comes, and guy asks hoffa whether he was familiar with a consulting agreement with an entity. Hoffa says, that wasn’t a consulting agreement, it was a lease. He produces the document, and asks and isn’t that lease signed on the last page James r hoffa. Check mate.

(Also young jimmy was caught on several occasions trying to listen in on the jury room).
The owner at the time, Lamar Brown Jr., was arrested after the discovery. The moonshine distillery was reported to have an electric exhaust system, electric lighting, and electronic insect repellant devices. Federal agents found out about it after a hunter smelled fumes and tipped off the authorities. Agents would typically have blown it up with dynamite, but instead used acetylene torches to destroy it so the track would not get damaged. A race was held the following day. During the trial, the government produced an invoice for 24 pounds of yeast that was purchased by Brown 10 days before the moonshine still was discovered. Brown said he bought the yeast to make food for the concession stand at the race track. The prosecutor told the jury that 24 pounds of yeast would make enough bread to feed Atlanta for a week. Brown was the only witness for the defense and adamantly denied knowing anything about the still. The jury deliberated less than two hours before finding him not guilty.

You reminded me of this story.

I think this fits the Brand's narrative - all the haters - prove the wrong - have them stick it up there 'rear'... Listen to the little Brands interview - chip off the old block - specifically on how they are made up. Not knocking that - it is just what motivates them apparently

I think this fits the Brand's narrative - all the haters - prove the wrong - have them stick it up there 'rear'... Listen to the little Brands interview - chip off the old block - specifically on how they are made up. Not knocking that - it is just what motivates them apparently
Can't fix stupid lmfao. He sounds just like the two mat monkeys

The funniest part of this is that, unlike pretty much any other great coach, they seem to have pretty much zero recognition that the most important ingredient in any championship team is not talent or tactics. It is culture.
Even funnier: they brought in Kemerer specifically to change the culture. It worked and they won a title. And then they flushed it away with the anti-Kemerers.

Also funny: they couldn't be bothered to call high-character champions like Carter and Aaron.

Iowa fans all over Twitter trying to correct people about conflating the 2 older brothers - not realizing that they do, indeed, both have criminal charges filed against them.

Glad a good kid like Kemerer got out of there

Reactions: Ski and Grass
Didn't the Brands come from some kind of broken or at least challenged household?

All I remember specifically is:

They were from rural northwest Iowa - I want to say Sheldon, Iowa
They were raised solely by their mother, if I'm not mistaken - and I very well could be wrong
They were pretty tough kids with a need to act out some aggression as healthy as possible
A pig farmer introduced them to wrestling
As a senior in high school, Tom and a few other wrestlers were pretty rowdy off the mat - understand, though, this is in a part of Iowa so country that I read in one of the local newspapers (I read old papers when I'm bored) that a neighboring wrestling team suspended some wrestlers (including post-season!) for chewing tobacco on the team bus (and the entire community was outraged, somewhat justly IMO as it was a harsh punishment)

Plus they were growing up right around the time of the "farm crisis" out there. It was bad enough here in Pennsylvania (we lost many dairy farms then) but it was atrocious in places rural Iowa. That would add in to a "chip on the shoulder" feeling. That could be a person equally capable of being a tough but fair hombre or a dickhead....

This all sounds like the background of someone who would be intensely motivated by doubters, and perhaps have an innate need for combativeness.

Last edited:
Didn't the Brands come from some kind of broken or at least challenged household?

They were raised solely by their mother, if I'm not mistaken - and I very well could be wrong
They were pretty tough kids with a need to act out some aggression as healthy as possible
As a senior in high school, Tom and a few other wrestlers were pretty rowdy off the mat - understand, though, this is in a part of Iowa so country that I read in one of the local newspapers (I read old papers when I'm bored) that a neighboring wrestling team suspended some wrestlers (including post-season!) for chewing tobacco on the team bus (and the entire community was outraged, somewhat justly IMO as it was a harsh punishment)

Plus they were growing up right around the time of the "farm crisis" out there. It was bad enough here in Pennsylvania (we lost many dairy farms then) but it was atrocious in places rural Iowa. That would add in to a "chip on the shoulder" feeling.

This all sounds like the background of someone who would be intensely motivated by doubters, and perhaps have an innate need for combativeness.

As would i

Reactions: danoftw

Plus they were growing up right around the time of the "farm crisis" out there. It was bad enough here in Pennsylvania (we lost many dairy farms then) but it was atrocious in places rural Iowa. That would add in to a "chip on the shoulder" feeling. That could be a person equally capable of being a tough but fair hombre or a dickhead....

Or Occam’s razor: they’re just a$$holes. I’m not here to choose one or the other, just lay out the landscape.

Actually I think they aren’t bad guys - just wired differently from what I gravitate toward. I’m sure once you’re in their circle they do anything for you.

Was looking for video of Brands vs Kelber from 1991 and found this video comparing Terry to Nelson. I'm amused someone took the time to make this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT