ADVERTISEMENT

I predict that the team which does better converting 3rd Downs will win.

PSU must be more efficient on offense in the first half of this game, unlike in the Illinois and NU games, or it probably won't win this game. That means that it at least needs to get a first down or two on most drives even if it doesn't score points, which hopefully will create long fields for OSU. I just don't think that we can recover from a slow start in this game like in the other two road games because, despite PSU's really good defense, OSU will take advantage of that.

Also, Allar must be coached to throw the ball away if he's under pressure and no receivers are open rather than taking sacks or throwing INTs; punting in this game won't necessarily be a bad thing, and could decide who wins this game. I love what Allar has done so far and am excited about what he's going to accomplish, but a weakness is that he's just not going to clean up broken plays with his running. OSU has the same issue because based on what I've seen so far this season, McCord also isn't going to make anybody think about Michael Vick.

Last edited:
Also, Allar must be coached to throw the ball away if he's under pressure and no receivers are open rather than taking sacks or throwing INTs; punting in this game won't necessarily be a bad thing, and could decide who wins this game. I love what Allar has done so far and am excited about what he's going to accomplish, but a weakness is that he's just not going to clean up broken plays with his running.

So far he has been sacked only 4 times while PSU has made 27 sacks on D and Allar has not thrown an interception yet in his career.

Also, Allar must be coached to throw the ball away if he's under pressure and no receivers are open rather than taking sacks or throwing INTs; punting in this game won't necessarily be a bad thing, and could decide who wins this game. I love what Allar has done so far and am excited about what he's going to accomplish, but a weakness is that he's just not going to clean up broken plays with his running.

So far he has been sacked only 4 times while PSU has made 27 sacks on D and Allar has not thrown an interception yet in his career.
I know that WVU has a good d-line and Iowa's defense obviously is very good, but OSU will be the best defense that he's seen this season, despite them not having great sack stats; they just haven't given up many points, just like our defense, and the pick-6 against Maryland turned that game around completely.

I know that WVU has a good d-line and Iowa's defense obviously is very good, but OSU will be the best defense that he's seen this season, despite them not having great sack stats; they just haven't given up many points, just like our defense, and the pick-6 against Maryland turned that game around completely.
Of course, but it's stating the obvious. So far PSU is great with ball security, and great at causing TOs. We are in great shape right now. I'd rather be performing well now than hoping we get better in a much tougher situation.

Reactions: Gnat91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT