ADVERTISEMENT

Henri Deglane this weekend

Who ya got? Crazy matchup if it ever happens.
I’m struggling to imagine Lee moving as fast as RBY… but maybe I just haven’t seen a healthy Lee. If Lee gets par terre, though…

That said, RBY is a great “make adjustments” wrestler. He needs to wrestle Lee before the Olympics.

I can’t imagine rooting against the U.S. in the Olympics. Wish RBY would rep the U.S., but he’s not.

Reactions: Sett1997
I’m struggling to imagine Lee moving as fast as RBY… but maybe I just haven’t seen a healthy Lee. If Lee gets par terre, though…

That said, RBY is a great “make adjustments” wrestler. He needs to wrestle Lee before the Olympics.

I can’t imagine rooting against the U.S. in the Olympics. Wish RBY would rep the U.S., but he’s not.
I'm disappointed Lee is not putting himself out there more before the team trials. Kind of been bau since the multiple ACL issues.
Never been to Happy Valley, going to try and make it for the trials!! 😀
Going to be a great tournament!
Never met Taylor, I want to meet Taylor. Is he pretty good about interacting with fans, signing, etc...?

I'm disappointed Lee is not putting himself out there more before the team trials. Kind of been bau since the multiple ACL issues.
Never met Taylor, I want to meet Taylor. Is he pretty good about interacting with fans, signing, etc...?
at the Pittsburgh nationals, Taylor was at the PSWC get together and was every engaging and nice to everyone who talked to him. I was very surprised how open and friendly he was.

Reactions: Sett1997
Spencer has wrestled at some domestic tournaments. And looked...fine. About as expected, but not extraordinary.

To one of you guys in the know. This qualifying thing is a little confusing to me. Are we in danger of not getting 57kg qualified for the Olympics?
Yep. 65kg too. Part of bringing wrestling back to the Olympics after its time off was limiting the field (and weight classes to 6). So there are finite "slots" in the bracket. A country (not individual wrestler) has to qualify a weight to earn a spot in the Olympics at that weight. Best way is to place high enough (top 5? Can't remember exactly) at Worlds the year before. Failing that, place high enough (top 2) at your continental tourney (which is lucky for us, as our continent(s) are less into wrestling than Europe or Asia overall--but we do face tough Cubans, sometimes a few others). Then there is a "last chance qualifying tournament" this year, in Instanbul. But that tourney is always loaded with hammers, and not ideal.

USA didn't place high enough at 57 or 65 at last year's worlds. RBY and Austin Gomez competing for Mexico this year makes Pan Am Qualifier a bit tougher. We also have Sebastian Rivera, Darian Cruz, etc to worry about.

Last Olympic cycle, Zain getting pinned in the semis at Pan Ams meant our OTT winner Jordan Oliver had to try and qualify at the Last Chance--which he couldn't, and he didn't go to the games. Frank Molinaro was in the same boat the previous cycle--but wound up competing when guys placing ahead of him in that tourney were popped for PEDs.

Why are we only sending Zane Richards to qualify 57kg? Unless I missed something, he's been less than impressive since winning the spot.
I will find it hilarious if we don’t qualify the weight and Spencer is our rep. Even more so if Spencer never got out on the mat to help qualify the weight. Which he hasn’t.

That's what blows me away, why didn't anyone challenge him? Where are the coaches?
Gilman, Lee, Mator, anyone?

Only Gilman, Fix, and Vito (World medalists) could challenge Zane. Would be a tough task for Fix/Vito to slim down for this during the peak folkstyle season. Just a guess that Gilman maybe struggling with weight as well?

To one of you guys in the know. This qualifying thing is a little confusing to me. Are we in danger of not getting 57kg qualified for the Olympics?

To add to @nerfstate post:

The draw will be huge for Richards at the qualifier. The two semifinals winners get the quota for Olympics. No finals, no "true 2nd". Fingers crossed Zane's on the opposite side of RBY.

May need a little browser translation, unless you speak frog, but brackets and mat assignments are here:

I haven't been able to find video--even w/ a VPN.

RBY opened up w/ a 10-0 tech vs. Morroco

If SUPERMAN LEE wins than it's because he's the greatest. If he happens to lose it's because he is TWOOOOOOO hurt and if he were healthy, he would easily destroy RBY or anyone else in his way!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL only one great named Cael!!

May need a little browser translation, unless you speak frog, but brackets and mat assignments are here:

I translated the page, saw a button that said, "Filter by carpet," and gave up.

muppets kermit GIF

I translated the page, saw a button that said, "Filter by carpet," and gave up.
Don't you know about "carpet struggle"? One of my favorite translations. 😆

Roman won his 2nd bout against an American I don't know--Kael Lauridsen? 14-4 Gets the winner of Deshazier and Nasedo (who has a fall and a tech so far himself).

Last edited:
Don't you know about "carpet struggle"? One of my favorite translations. 😆

Roman won his 2nd bout against an American I don't know--Kael Lauridsen? 14-4 Gets the winner of Deshazier and Nasedo (who has a fall and a tech so far himself).
He's a 4x Nebraska state champ, 2x Fargo Greco champ and multiple Fargo freestyle AA. Class of 2023, styaing in-state with Manning. I think he's grayshirting at USOTC.

This link has some results too:

Cael Nasdeo, 57 kg​

• WIN - 6-0 over Razvan Kovacs, ROU
  • WIN - 10-0 over Gary Giordmaina, MAL

Alex Facundo, 74 kg​

• WIN - 4-2 over Mihail Georgiev, BUL
  • WIN - 11-1 over Stefan Kaeppler, GER
RBY Results:

Last edited:

Reactions: dbldoofus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT