ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh calling out Bama

Harbaugh like attention. Next week people will be writing about Harbaugh being at Paramus Catholic, but until then ......... he needs to manufacture something.

That's the primary motivation here. Not anger at Saban as much as PR generation for the program.

Kind of like 5 year olds need attention.

15 years ago: Memorial Day was a dead time for college football. Nobody really thought about it. It's "kids are getting out of school" and "the weather is getting warm" and BBQ and graduation and Father's Day season.

Now: well, satellite camp season starts soon! Get on everybody's radar, get on the recruits radar! College football is 24/7/365, there is no dead time.

1 Tweet which the media will dutifully respond to: mission accomplished.

Harbaugh like attention. Next week people will be writing about Harbaugh being at Paramus Catholic, but until then ......... he needs to manufacture something.

That's the primary motivation here. Not anger at Saban as much as PR generation for the program.
His "primary motivation" is that he is off his meds

Reactions: 91Joe95
15 years ago: Memorial Day was a dead time for college football. Nobody really thought about it. It's "kids are getting out of school" and "the weather is getting warm" and BBQ and graduation and Father's Day season.

Now: well, satellite camp season starts soon! Get on everybody's radar, get on the recruits radar! College football is 24/7/365, there is no dead time.

1 Tweet which the media will dutifully respond to: mission accomplished.
LOL - you are just as big an idiot as he is......and you don't even know it - which makes it kinda fun!

Reactions: 91Joe95
So you think Harbaugh has to be a dick 24/7/365? I don't see Saban, Miles, Meyer, etc. having to be one.

He doesn't have to be a dick of course. But it is in his DNA: he's a good coach but also has obnoxious media whore traits.

He is what he is.

He'll either win (and reach God-status among the U-M faithful), or he'll lose (and piss off many U-M and non-U-M folk in the process). Time will tell.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Whorebaugh is just being whorebaugh..... the longer he does it, the sooner folks will ignore it.

Just makes you wonder though how long into supposed adulthood a man can think he can attract attention acting like a dick....Oh, I forgot about the juvenile nature of the sports media.....they'll keep reporting it. So, he'll keep doing it.

What rules being broken by Bama is Har-puke referring to?

The rules that resulted in their DL coach (and top recruiter) being fired a few weeks ago. It happened right when all of the Ole Miss stuff came out so it wasn't as big of a deal. I think they were originally minor violations, but then the coach lied about them.

If Franklin tweeted this we'd all be lapping it up. Harbaugh is taking a page from the Donald Trump playbook. Criticize me and I will punch you in the mouth.

I don't like Harbaugh but I like his strategy.
Really? Perhaps it would be better to "speak for yourself".......i.e., "I'd be lapping it up"

He loves to be in the spotlight, doesn't he?

Oh yes he does.... Ol' Jimmay better win because the way he is shooting off his mouth opposing coaches are not going to hold back and will run it up on him if they have the chance. Michie plays 'Bama in a down year for Michie I would expect Saban to hang 60 on him ... He is making enemies all over the place...

Last edited:
If Franklin tweeted this we'd all be lapping it up. Harbaugh is taking a page from the Donald Trump playbook. Criticize me and I will punch you in the mouth.

I would not.

I'd prefer our coach focus on our team, and leave social media silliness to others.

He doesn't have to be a dick of course. But it is in his DNA: he's a good coach but also has obnoxious media whore traits.

He is what he is.

He'll either win (and reach God-status among the U-M faithful), or he'll lose (and piss off many U-M and non-U-M folk in the process). Time will tell.
He already has God like Status among the Michigan faithful. They hypocritically talk about PSU but the entire University bows at the feet of Jimmy, and the entire school kissed his ass to get him to come back after he mocked Michigan Football academics.
No doubt Jimmah is the most powerful man in Ann Arbor, right?

He is what he is.

nothing about his 1st season at UM and his previous run at Stanford is alluding to much losing out of Harbaugh.

unfortunately, Michigan's got there man....regardless if he's a d*ck or not.

He is what he is.

I actually think Harbaugh will do both. The more he wins, the more he will push the envelope, and the more he will alienate those who hired him.

I think the guy has a short shelf life--whether he is at Michigan or not.

I'd be surprised if he is there beyond 5 years.

Reactions: Nitt1300
I actually think Harbaugh will do both. The more he wins, the more he will push the envelope, and the more he will alienate those who hired him.

I think the guy has a short shelf life--whether he is at Michigan or not.

I'd be surprised if he is there beyond 5 years.
there it is- exactly

Harbaugh makes it easy for me to root for every team playing Michigan.

Kind of regret that the kid's family member who asked him to climb a tree didn't ask him to jump off a cliff instead (just kidding).

Oh yes he does.... Ol' Jimmay better win because the way he is shooting off his mouth opposing coaches are not going to hold back and will run it up on him if they have the chance. Michie plays 'Bama in a down year for Michie I would expect Saban to hang 60 on him ... He is making enemies all over the place...

My bet is he's not planning on being there long and doesn't care who he pisses off. Just a brief stop on his whirlwind coaching career.

We need to be careful. Because UM could easily hang 60 on us and Franklin this year. We should just be happy if we can make a bowl, as things have gotten to a very low point with Franklin.

Uh no... No need for us to be careful as our coach is not flaming other coaches and having twitter wars. And no mecheatagain will not hang 60 on PSU this year....yeesh

We need to be careful. Because UM could easily hang 60 on us and Franklin this year. We should just be happy if we can make a bowl, as things have gotten to a very low point with Franklin.

If back to back winning seasons is a low point, then that's fine with me. Why is it on this board the trolls don't even make an honest effort?

Oh yeah. I'd be thrilled if Franklin attacked another coach on twitter. Yeah, that would be great.

:confused:

We were first saying 2 years, now we are saying 5, wonder what will be next? Unfortunately for us, I think he will be there longer than what we want to believe.

While I can't speak for others, and this is the first I've weighed in on Harbaugh, I have always thought he'd be there about five years. I would never say two years.

26884987.jpg

Reactions: psu4343 and bwifan
Shouldn't Jimmy-boy win a championship before he starts blasting the best coach (by far) of his generation?

Shouldn't Jimmy-boy win a championship before he starts blasting the best coach (by far) of his generation?

What does winning have to do with this issue?

Saban called out the camps and stated that they are bad for college football, while attacking Harbaugh and others that are in favor of the camps. Harbaugh has every right to call him out for his hypocritical BS.

Reactions: SFREGO and polecat
What does winning have to do with this issue?

Saban called out the camps and stated that they are bad for college football, while attacking Harbaugh and others that are in favor of the camps. Harbaugh has every right to call him out for his hypocritical BS.

Harbaugh should keep his mouth shut for once in his life.

Him and his immature hijinx are embarrassing.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT