ADVERTISEMENT

OT Jim Harbaugh

Chicken spit? Is that why the NCAA suspended him twice - yes, 2x - this past year? Sounds to me like he felt he needed to cheat
Technically the NCAA hasn’t suspended him at all. Minor detail but your point still stands

Anyone who likes people simply based on their faith should see a psychiatrist immediately.
Who you worship has nothing to do with who you are. Anyone who contends otherwise is a fool.
Not forcing his Christian playe4s to dishonor the sabbath is a clear sign of wanting to do the right thing. His comments and deeds about abortion are also a clear sign.

• Haha
Reactions: Phil's Rug
Not a Harbaugh fan as he is certainly sketchy. For the cheating, they did reel off an impressive record post the whole scandal blowing up so they proved they could do it without cheating.

Not forcing his Christian playe4s to dishonor the sabbath is a clear sign of wanting to do the right thing. His comments and deeds about abortion are also a clear sign.
Playing football on Sundays dishonors the sabbath? I did not know that. I did it since I was 5 years old.

I recommend the Life Application Study Bible and that you find a live church near you. God bless. "Honor the sabbath and keep it holy." God
Yeah, I'll look for a church that discourages playing games on Sunday. I suppose that Jimmy was reborn when he stopped coaching the Niners to play on Sunday and went to Michigan. What will he do with the Chargers?

Yeah, I'll look for a church that discourages playing games on Sunday. I suppose that Jimmy was reborn when he stopped coaching the Niners to play on Sunday and went to Michigan. What will he do with the Chargers?
Repent!

Anyway, with Jim gone Michigan should take a step backwards, HA HA ! YUP, UH HUH, OH YEAH

I saw your response yesterday to my post but it's not there any more so must have been deleted. And I've already vowed to never discuss religion or politics since all it does is cause problems, but since I already opened the door, I'll respond here once then move along...

I was raised in the United Methodist and Roman Catholic churches, and spent 12+ years in Catholic schools. I was raised with comments like "is that a good Christian attitude", and the thought that someone needed to accept Jesus to have a chance at heaven, and/or that Christians were "superior" in a way to other religions.

I then went off to PSU and met people from many different walks of life and different religions, and realized that many of them aren't much different than me. I still went to Schwab/Forum every weekend to worship with Father Fred, but, had friends of different religions, had girlfriends of different religions, and came to the realization that what makes is a good person is much more about who they are and what they do, not "which God" whey worship. Heck, sitting in a Jewish funeral yesterday, I was thinking about how much more I like them than the Catholic/Methodist funerals that I'm used to.

I don't believe in the "evangelical" side of Christianity, where it's on me to try and get others to find Jesus. Many Christians are crap people, just like many non-Christians are awesome people (and why would we give someone more of a pass in cheating simply due to their religion). I no longer believe that after we die, I'm somehow going to go to a better place than my Jewish wife simply because I accepted Jesus, and she, while being the most kind, generous, and caring person that I've ever met, will be shut out because she was raised with different beliefs. And I feel the exact same about my Muslim friends, Hindu friends, and those that believe in no God at all.

Will Jim Harbaugh now allow those players that might be Jewish or Seventh Day Adventist to do nothing on Saturday to adhere to their Sabbath? Would he consider adding a player that will only play in Thursday/Monday games, he wants to adhere to his Sabbath? Or, was it convenient to give players Sundays off due to the "Sabbath" when 95% of coaches (and that might be low) give players Sunday off since you need to give them a day off and most like to do it the day after a game to recover.

I recommend the Life Application Study Bible and that you find a live church near you. God bless. "Honor the sabbath and keep it holy." God
So you have to be into history if you like religion because the whole thing is based on proposed events from 2000+ years ago. If you want a nice heartwarming Christian story just read "the story of the Cathers."
It all happened because the Cathers held the Virgin Mary in such high regard, which other Christians didn't like.
It's one of the most odd and vicious stories I've ever read.

I saw your response yesterday to my post but it's not there any more so must have been deleted. And I've already vowed to never discuss religion or politics since all it does is cause problems, but since I already opened the door, I'll respond here once then move along...

I was raised in the United Methodist and Roman Catholic churches, and spent 12+ years in Catholic schools. I was raised with comments like "is that a good Christian attitude", and the thought that someone needed to accept Jesus to have a chance at heaven, and/or that Christians were "superior" in a way to other religions.

I then went off to PSU and met people from many different walks of life and different religions, and realized that many of them aren't much different than me. I still went to Schwab/Forum every weekend to worship with Father Fred, but, had friends of different religions, had girlfriends of different religions, and came to the realization that what makes is a good person is much more about who they are and what they do, not "which God" whey worship. Heck, sitting in a Jewish funeral yesterday, I was thinking about how much more I like them than the Catholic/Methodist funerals that I'm used to.

I don't believe in the "evangelical" side of Christianity, where it's on me to try and get others to find Jesus. Many Christians are crap people, just like many non-Christians are awesome people (and why would we give someone more of a pass in cheating simply due to their religion). I no longer believe that after we die, I'm somehow going to go to a better place than my Jewish wife simply because I accepted Jesus, and she, while being the most kind, generous, and caring person that I've ever met, will be shut out because she was raised with different beliefs. And I feel the exact same about my Muslim friends, Hindu friends, and those that believe in no God at all.

Will Jim Harbaugh now allow those players that might be Jewish or Seventh Day Adventist to do nothing on Saturday to adhere to their Sabbath? Would he consider adding a player that will only play in Thursday/Monday games, he wants to adhere to his Sabbath? Or, was it convenient to give players Sundays off due to the "Sabbath" when 95% of coaches (and that might be low) give players Sunday off since you need to give them a day off and most like to do it the day after a game to recover.
Praying for you. Most churches ARE far from the Gospel. Telling others about the Gospel is a command and are Christ's last words. Peace.

When did cheating get excused by Christianity? When did this become a religious conversation? The guy was suspended for violations twice in one season. Different reasons. Do you think he sat in his office each week wondering why his defense was so good at knowing what the other team was going to do? Do you understand that cheating leads to winning which leads to better recruiting?? That’s the whole promise of unfair advantage. Michigsn played this year with players they would not have had otherwise. If you can’t grasp that, check in on Jackie Sherrill, Hugh Freeze and Lou Holtz. Harbaugh pushed the envelope hoping no one would catch him. They did…and for some reason, people and media want to give him a pass. Lance, Barry and Marion Jones are asking for the same pass.
Mary from Pennsyltucky loves to proselytize whenever she can.

These are interesting observations and ones I mostly agree.

I would simply add that as a product of Catholic Schools and Franciscan nuns, we were taught to respect all religions and all people. And that our “evangelical” aspect of our lives should be done setting a good example by how we lead our lives.

I remember that since it was intiduced to me in 1971. Not sure how well I have done. But it is my guidestar.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT