ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh Era Over in Michigan?

Agree it is been said before. The college game is much more demanding timewise. Between recruiting, being responsible for 100 college kids, and now with portal and NiL you need to re recruit your entire roster each year it is very demanding.
In the pros, you deal with prima donnas, but you have a draft where much of the work is done by others, the players union and your lawyers handle behavior issues. All you need to do is win. More pressure to win but not by a whole lot.
Unless you love working with young men and developing them, and or love recruiting the college game is much more demanding for a time standpoint.
Agreed--I'm shocked more top college coaches aren't trying to make the jump

The AFC is just stacked with Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Lamar and Stroud. If I'm him I go to Atlanta. Purdy vs. Goff is that title game. There's opportunity there. I mean, the best NFC QB is ????. It might be Stafford lol
Stafford, Hurts and maybe Goff

Last edited:
Reactions: LandoComando
Stafford, Hurts or maybe Goff
On the surface, he also would have a qb with the Chargers who has franchise changing talent and did take his team to the playoffs in 2022. Herbert has everything you want in a NFL qb, and look at how Harbaugh coached up Alex Smith and Kaepernick.

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
So if there's no punishment and the rules aren't enforced do they really exist?
Great examples but even their punishments...at least for FSU as Iowa hasn't been punished...are they meaningful?
So if you cheat but aren't punished it isn't cheating? If I speed I am breaking the law even if I'm not caught or is it nothing is illegal unless you are caught?

On the surface, he also would have a qb with the Chargers who has franchise changing talent and did take his team to the playoffs in 2022. Herbert has everything you want in a NFL qb, and look at how Harbaugh coached up Alex Smith and Kaepernick.
Right but in the AFC you have to beat elite QBs to get there. The path is way easier in the NFC. I also disagree about Herbert. I don't think he's as good as people believe but we'll find out soon.

So if you cheat but aren't punished it isn't cheating? If I speed I am breaking the law even if I'm not caught or is it nothing is illegal unless you are caught?
I'd say nothing is illegal unless caught because the only concern with doing something illegal is punishment. I mean, I speed every day...dont most people?

Reactions: hoflane
It could be Harbaugh is there forever. Rumored Michigan will maintain him as highest paid coach in NCAA.

Harbaugh is gone. It never made sense that he would stay. He applied for NFL jobs every single year, he didn't get offered NFL jobs before now so of course he would take it because he might not get another chance.

It's got to drive him nuts that his brother has the Ravens in the playoffs every single year.

Harbaugh is gone. It never made sense that he would stay. He applied for NFL jobs every single year, he didn't get offered NFL jobs before now so of course he would take it because he might not get another chance.

It's got to drive him nuts that his brother has the Ravens in the playoffs every single year.
ESPN reporting he is a Charger now,

Let’s play musical chairs.

Michigan should hire Franklin.

We should hire Day.

And OSU should hire whoever they want.

Hey Buck we're you aware we have our very own little troll boy on here from Michigan called Westcoast24? He hits the laugh emoji at anyone and anything Michigan related.
Thanks Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I'd say nothing is illegal unless caught because the only concern with doing something illegal is punishment. I mean, I speed every day...dont most people?

There are other concerns outside punishment. If you speed, lose control and drive off a cliff the ticket is the least of your concerns.

Moore will never live down that picture him of crying. The UM fans call Day 'Crying Ryan" but Day never actually cried like Moore. I fully expect Alabama and UGA to be inducing those stud DT's into the portal. Alabama especially.

This is all fine and well but let's not get it twisted: Not a single one of those dudes is coming here. Franklin is, was, and has been, good for no more than two portal position players outside of kickers and punters, that succeed.

We already are full up, especially at wide receivers, where we needed 4 and got one. Maybe. 😂

There are other concerns outside punishment. If you speed, lose control and drive off a cliff the ticket is the least of your concerns.
People don't seem very concerned about that. How often would you say most people speed? Every time the drive?
We all can die at any moment--speeding increases that by, what, .000000000000000000001%? That might be high

Moore will never live down that picture him of crying. The UM fans call Day 'Crying Ryan" but Day never actually cried like Moore. I fully expect Alabama and UGA to be inducing those stud DT's into the portal. Alabama especially.
Why wouldn’t PSU try to go after them?

He probably saves the offensive players. If Minter follows, those stud DTs are probably entering the portal and taking the biggest check. Big game of dominos.
I'd be shocked if Minter stayed. I feel like the entire point of the DC roles at Vandy and Michigan was to speed up his chance of being a DC in the NFL

Reactions: lazydave841
People don't seem very concerned about that. How often would you say most people speed? Every time the drive?
We all can die at any moment--speeding increases that by, what, .000000000000000000001%? That might be high

Not being concerned about a consequence doesn’t mean it’s not a potential consequence… I was just saying not all consequences are legal. Doing 100 in a 30 increases your odds of dying by a larger percentage than doing 75 in a 65 does. Doing 75 in a 65 in bad weather does as well. Empty road or one full of tractor trailers? Doing it on the tail of the dragon, worse than on I-95. People speed in all of those scenarios. Some significantly increase your chance of dying.

If PSUBiomed shot you in the face and got away with it he'd still have broken the law. If the guilt drove him mad(der) that would be another non-legal consequence.

• Haha
Reactions: Psubiomed
Not being concerned about a consequence doesn’t mean it’s not a potential consequence… I was just saying not all consequences are legal. Doing 100 in a 30 increases your odds of dying by a larger percentage than doing 75 in a 65 does. Doing 75 in a 65 in bad weather does as well. Empty road or one full of tractor trailers? Doing it on the tail of the dragon, worse than on I-95. People speed in all of those scenarios. Some significantly increase your chance of dying.

If PSUBiomed shot you in the face and got away with it he'd still have broken the law. If the guilt drove him mad(der) that would be another non-legal consequence.
Doubt he'd feel any guilt
But does the known risks impact people from speeding? No because the likelihood of death or even punishment is slim.
This still goes back to "cheating". If the NCAA doesn't enforce the rules then why have them? They aren't real. They're for sure. Like a 35 mph speed limit when almost everyone goes 40-50.

Reactions: hoflane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT