ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh Era Over in Michigan?

Doubt he'd feel any guilt
But does the known risks impact people from speeding? No because the likelihood of death or even punishment is slim.
This still goes back to "cheating". If the NCAA doesn't enforce the rules then why have them? They aren't real. They're for sure. Like a 35 mph speed limit when almost everyone goes 40-50.

Why have a law that makes shooting you in the face a crime if he could do it and potentially face no consequences?

The known risks do stop most people. Would you drive 100 in a 35 if you knew there were no cops? What if your kids were in the backseat? What's the difference between 100 in a 35 and 40 in a 35? If there isn't one then everyone would drive 100, but they don't, because the risk increases along with the speed. That said, literally no one has ever died from going too fast so this is a dumb line of reasoning.

People don't do lots of things for reasons that have nothing to do with potential legal consequences.

Why have a law that makes shooting you in the face a crime if he could do it and potentially face no consequences?

The known risks do stop most people. Would you drive 100 in a 35 if you knew there were no cops? What if your kids were in the backseat? What's the difference between 100 in a 35 and 40 in a 35? If there isn't one then everyone would drive 100, but they don't, because the risk increases along with the speed. That said, literally no one has ever died from going too fast so this is a dumb line of reasoning.

People don't do lots of things for reasons that have nothing to do with potential legal consequences.
Because unlike with cheating if caught the legal system has the intention of following the law. The NCAA doesn't.
Notice how you have to go to an extreme of 100 mph in 35 as opposed to simply speeding to even get close to having an argument. There's risk doing anything. You can die using a vending machine.
Again, this is about cheating. If this is the wild, wild west can one cheat? Just because you (or someone) believe something is morally wrong doesn't mean anyone else has to agree.
I think Michigan did shady things. I also think in this era it doesn't matter. Penn State killed the NCAA. Thankfully.

Because unlike with cheating if caught the legal system has the intention of following the law. The NCAA doesn't.
Notice how you have to go to an extreme of 100 mph in 35 as opposed to simply speeding to even get close to having an argument. There's risk doing anything. You can die using a vending machine.
Again, this is about cheating. If this is the wild, wild west can one cheat? Just because you (or someone) believe something is morally wrong doesn't mean anyone else has to agree.
I think Michigan did shady things. I also think in this era it doesn't matter. Penn State killed the NCAA. Thankfully.

You picked a speed I picked a speed. Why don't the people going 45 go 50? Why don't the people going 50 go 55? Is that better? You said no one thinks about risks. They clearly do, otherwise everyone would drive as fast as their crappy little shitbox will go in every circumstance.

Same thing with cheating. Michigan cheated and is going to get away with it. Florida and FSU cheated and didn't (at least in FSUs case). The fact that not everyone gets a speeding ticket for going ten over doesn't mean no one does, coming from someone who got a ticket for going 61 in a 55 cuz **** Connecticut.

You picked a speed I picked a speed. Why don't the people going 45 go 50? Is that better? You said no one thinks about risks. They clearly do, otherwise everyone would drive as fast as their crappy little shitbox will go in every circumstance.

Same thing with cheating. Michigan cheated and is going to get away with it. Florida and FSU cheated and didn't. The fact that not everyone gets a speeding ticket for going ten over doesn't mean no one does, coming from someone who got a ticket for going 61 in a 55 cuz **** Connecticut.
They did not get away with it: Karma is real. Trust me.

Don't think karma is real? See: Nebraska 1994.

4 years after the media screwed PSU out of the Championship they deserved, Nebraska began it's decent. It's been 25 years since Nebraska has been relevant.

You picked a speed I picked a speed. Why don't the people going 45 go 50? Why don't the people going 50 go 55? Is that better? You said no one thinks about risks. They clearly do, otherwise everyone would drive as fast as their crappy little shitbox will go in every circumstance.

Same thing with cheating. Michigan cheated and is going to get away with it. Florida and FSU cheated and didn't (at least in FSUs case). The fact that not everyone gets a speeding ticket for going ten over doesn't mean no one does, coming from someone who got a ticket for going 61 in a 55 cuz **** Connecticut.
Was FSU truly punished?

Don't think karma is real? See: Nebraska 1994.

4 years after the media screwed PSU out of the Championship they deserved, Nebraska began it's decent. It's been 25 years since Nebraska has been relevant.
How does one "began it's decent"?

Simple thing about Harbaugh. True Michigan man. Classless cheater. No loyalty to his players. (Remember about 2 years ago, he interviewed with Minnesota a month or so after the season ended. )

Reactions: LMTLION and Yanks49
Simple thing about Harbaugh. True Michigan man. Classless cheater. No loyalty to his players. (Remember about 2 years ago, he interviewed with Minnesota a month or so after the season ended. )
How is going to the NFL not being loyal to his players?

There's no lack of loyalty. His goal was the NFL. His players knew that. They share the same goal. He has no obligation to stay.

I don’t believe it. Everyone knew he was gone as soon as he won a natty. Was even looking around for a couple years. Add in the two different investigations into cheating that will likely lead to some kind of suspensions/punishments ……he was jumping ship quicker than Pete Carrol. And the school knew it…..maybe even welcomed it.

This ‘leak’ is a smokescreen to make it look like they wanted him to stay so the fans wouldn’t get pissed. The fans love the guy that handily beat oh hi ya three times and won a natty in the first time in four decades. School had to make it look like they tried.

But now they can tell the NCAA and B2G that ‘hey the guy in charge then isn’t around any more.’ Claim they made changes and will be good boys and girls….Scout’s promise!

Last edited:
Simple thing about Harbaugh. True to make . Classless cheater. No loyalty to his players. (Remember about 2 years ago, he interviewed with Minnesota a month or so after the season ended. )
LMAOROFL no coach has a closer relationship with their players. You should get educated b4 stating obvious falsehoods. He is a players coach, they loved him.
Let's look for ways to make the Lions better not worry about other players. IMHO it looks like chicken poop to attack a team that beats us like a drum. Let's talk about beating them. Show some class.

LMAOROFL no coach has a closer relationship with their players. You should get educated b4 stating obvious falsehoods. He is a players coach, they loved him.
Let's look for ways to make the Lions better not worry about other players. IMHO it looks like chicken poop to attack a team that beats us like a drum. Let's talk about beating them. Show some class. When talking about class, you shouldn't forget what a cheater is and that almost certainly he lied about not knowing about the sign stealing cheating.
Before they won national championship when he was looking for a new job and didn't get it about 2 years ago, I'm sure the players loved his loyalty.

Last edited:
Do you think McCord (11-1) thinks saint Day is loyal?
Who said anything about Saint Day. McCord was interviewed and said it was all a business on both sides and that he had no hard feelings. CJ Stroud was interviewed two or three weeks ago on the McAfee show and said that he enjoyed every minute in Columbus. The many players coming back for the next year shows that a lot of Ohio State players enjoy their time at Ohio State.

Who said anything about Saint Day. McCord was interviewed and said it was all a business on both sides and that he had no hard feelings. CJ Stroud was interviewed two or three weeks ago on the McAfee show and said that he enjoyed every minute in Columbus. The many players coming back for the next year shows that a lot of Ohio State players enjoy their time at Ohio State.
So are there a lot of Michigan players complaining that they think JH is not loyal to them because he took an NFL job?

But not McCord's private feelings about Day
Again the kids understand he has his own goals...clearly more than you do
As opposed to your uninformed speculation, here is McCord speaking:

"You guys know it just as well as I do, at the end of the day, the top level of college football and then especially onto the pros, it’s a business,” said McCord on a recent episode of The QB Room podcast. “At the end of the day, Ohio State had to make a business decision that they felt was best for them, and I had to do the same thing. And unfortunately, it just wasn’t meant to be for next year. But at the end of the day, I felt like I put together some solid games, had some good tape, so I was confident when I went in the portal, I would find a good home.” https://thecomeback.com/college-foo...that initially led to him entering the portal.

Here is McCord speaking to Espn. " He said he was appreciative of the time and experience he gained with the Buckeyes.

"I think the biggest thing is starting a full season there," McCord said of Ohio State. "I learned a lot and played a lot of football and played in a lot of big games. That experience is valuable experience. Being able to take that to Syracuse is going to be a huge tool for me. Having that in my pocket and knowing what I need to work on now, that's huge." https://www.espn.com/college-footba...le-mccord-transfers-syracuse-year-ohio-st-qb1

"You guys know it just as well as I do, at the end of the day, the top level of college football and then especially onto the pros, it’s a business,” said McCord on a recent episode of The QB Room podcast. “At the end of the day, Ohio State had to make a business decision that they felt was best for them, and I had to do the same thing. And unfortunately, it just wasn’t meant to be for next year. But at the end of the day, I felt like I put together some solid games, had some good tape, so I was confident when I went in the portal, I would find a good home.” https://thecomeback.com/college-football/kyle-mccord-explains-ohio-state-transfer-decision.html#:~:text=McCord spoke to the media for the first,that initially led to him entering the portal.

Here is McCord speaking to Espn. " He said he was appreciative of the time and experience he gained with the Buckeyes.

"I think the biggest thing is starting a full season there," McCord said of Ohio State. "I learned a lot and played a lot of football and played in a lot of big games. That experience is valuable experience. Being able to take that to Syracuse is going to be a huge tool for me. Having that in my pocket and knowing what I need to work on now, that's huge." https://www.espn.com/college-footba...le-mccord-transfers-syracuse-year-ohio-st-qb1

If you read any of what you shared, it's clearly: "I was told in so many words, 'adios amigo', and I moved on while it was advantageous to do so."

Human nature says the kid was probably hurt and disappointed about the lack of support he was given. Just because his handlers have coached him to be gracious and complimentary upon departure does not indicate any more or any less for either side of the topic being discussed. It just seems dishonest on your part to keep pushing this cordial, all parties happy narrative when Day is obviously in win at all costs mode.

McCord was pushed out. They had the money since you have stated he pursued more NIL. They didn't realize what they were getting into prior to the bowl and its been a money shoveling scramble ever since.

Kudos to the Buckeyes for trying to pull out all stops, but don't feed me sh*t and tell me it's sugar.

"You guys know it just as well as I do, at the end of the day, the top level of college football and then especially onto the pros, it’s a business,” said McCord on a recent episode of The QB Room podcast. “At the end of the day, Ohio State had to make a business decision that they felt was best for them, and I had to do the same thing. And unfortunately, it just wasn’t meant to be for next year. But at the end of the day, I felt like I put together some solid games, had some good tape, so I was confident when I went in the portal, I would find a good home.” https://thecomeback.com/college-foo...that initially led to him entering the portal.

Privately. Using your word.

It just seems dishonest on your part to keep pushing this cordial, all parties happy narrative when Day is obviously in win at all costs mode.

McCord was pushed out. They had the money since you have stated he pursued more NIL
Not pushing all cordial, all parties happy. Saying both parties know it is a tough business and that in that context tough (not underhanded) business decisions were made. When Ryan Day was noncommital on who the starting qb would be in 2024 at a press conference, Kyle McCord made his business decision and entered the portal the next day. McCord has one year of eligibility left and made the right business decision for himself and went to a place where he is close to 100% sure he will be the starting qb next year. Nothing underhanded about what Day did or what McCord did.

Not pushing all cordial, all parties happy. Saying both parties know it is a tough business and that in that context tough (not underhanded) business decisions were made. When Ryan Day was noncommital on who the starting qb would be in 2024 at a press conference, Kyle McCord made his business decision and entered the portal the next day. McCord has one year of eligibility left and made the right business decision for himself and went to a place where he is close to 100% sure he will be the starting qb next year. Nothing underhanded about what Day did or what McCord did
Nor what Harbaugh did but you take issue with that

Reactions: Westcoast24

"You guys know it just as well as I do, at the end of the day, the top level of college football and then especially onto the pros, it’s a business,” said McCord on a recent episode of The QB Room podcast. “At the end of the day, Ohio State had to make a business decision that they felt was best for them, and I had to do the same thing. And unfortunately, it just wasn’t meant to be for next year. But at the end of the day, I felt like I put together some solid games, had some good tape, so I was confident when I went in the portal, I would find a good home.” https://thecomeback.com/college-football/kyle-mccord-explains-ohio-state-transfer-decision.html#:~:text=McCord spoke to the media for the first,that initially led to him entering the portal.

That’s what he said in public but I bet that’s not what he said in private. In private I bet he felt Day had no loyalty.

Did I do that right?

I bet he felt Day had no loyalty.
Day's job is to have the best player play. The players know that. Disloyalty by coach can only occur when coach lies about not recruiting other players or doesn't give a player a fair chance to compete. When Day at a press conference said McCord would have to compete in 2024, McCord made the business decision to leave the next day before portal recruiting got into high gear.

An example of being underhanded was then Cincinnati coach, Brian Kelly telling Cincinnati players he was going to stay and then about 2 days later leaving for Notre Dame.

Day's job is to have the best player play. The players know that. Disloyalty by coach can only occur when coach lies about not recruiting other players or doesn't give a player a fair chance to compete. When Day said McCord would have to compete in 2024, McCord made the business decision to leave the next day before portal recruiting got into high gear.
Now try and do the Harbaugh loyalty thing for going to the NFL again. Use the same parameters that you just used for Day 🤦‍♂️😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT