ADVERTISEMENT

FULL COURT PRESS

In State College.

The "dead period" expires at that time, which means that PSU can host recruits on official visits.

But the "contact period" -- when coaches can meet recruits away from the college campus -- typically starts around Aug 1 (after the NWCA Convention ends).

At that time, coaches can visit incoming HS JRs (class of 2023). Though visiting 2022 guys will also happen, since that could not this past August.

In State College.

The "dead period" expires at that time, which means that PSU can host recruits on official visits.

But the "contact period" -- when coaches can meet recruits away from the college campus -- typically starts around Aug 1 (after the NWCA Convention ends).

At that time, coaches can visit incoming HS JRs (class of 2023). Though visiting 2022 guys will also happen, since that could not this past August.
You’re no fun anymore

You’re no fun anymore
Just trying to channel the discussion. No point in people guessing he'll do something that he can't.

But to play along ...

If I were Cael -- and once again, thankfully I'm not -- I'm hosting Bouzakis that day.

Aug 1 is a Sunday, and I'm spending that weekend in north Jersey. In either order, Marc-Anthony McGowan (#1 at 113) and Jim Mullen (#2 at HWT), both 2023.

Reactions: Ja1339
The Bouzakis to OKST rumors are bearing fruit?
I think the kid has said something to the tune of he wants to go where Women's Wrestling will be sponsored. That rules out D-1 schools unless he will allow the "they plan to add it" I know Iowa has mentioned it as a possibility but so has Oklahoma State.

That’s all I’ve got for you...

90f.png

My own totally original ;) predictions: Because of the vulgar advent, I decided to give way and, by dark and cryptic sentences, tell of the causes of the future mutation of mankind; especially the most urgent ones, and the ones I perceived, and in a manner that would not upset their fragile sentiments. ... Sooner and later you will see great changes made, dreadful horrors and vengeances. For as the Moon is thus led by its angel, the heavens draw near to the Balance.

Last edited:
I have bad recruiting news for you all, I can’t say what it is just trust me.
If it doesn't involve Bouzakis, does it involve SVN or Facundo? Based on our quality roster and the Theory of Loss Aversion the only thing that might qualify as "bad" to most of us is losing one we have in the books versus losing one we were hoping to get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ja1339
If it doesn't involve Bouzakis, does it involve SVN or Facundo? Based on our quality roster and the Theory of Loss Aversion the only thing that might qualify as "bad" to most of us is losing one we have in the books versus losing one we were hoping to get.
My feelings exactly @Antaeus

Fully agree. I just went through the list of kids on my spreadsheet that are 2022/2023 and really the only news that would generate even a shrug considering the current status of the roster is Bouzakis. And even if it was about Bouzakis - and he says it isn't - well, we have Bartlett and SVN just getting started so, to me, not getting Bouzakis is just a shrug. Now, SVN de-committing - but he's already on campus - now that would be bad news. Anything else - nope.

Maybe this involves Chittum - in that case, I'm a-ok with it. The kid is like 20 (not really, but I think he's a double hold-back), and for me following his results for the past 5 years (at one point I thought he was going to attend McCallie and they were scheduled to attend ETR, seemed like it was 3 consecutive years I was waiting for him to hit 9th grade) he seems like a good prospect, but not someone to get worked up about - maybe I'm missing something. Maybe @smalls103 can help me out - but I think he lost to Holden Garcia the last full year we had wrestling and I would bet that Garcia is younger than him.

Maybe it's a PA kid like Haines - to me that's a kid I'd like to see end up on our roster, being from PA, but I understand the scholarship landscape out there. We have to expect to lose good kids from PA unless they are really, really committed to wrestling for PSU.

Last edited:
Who could that even be? Haines seems to be a given to PSU, Bouzakis (which you say it isn't) would be big, but even still. Why post this shit other than to troll.
While I'm not a huge fan of the "I know something but can't tell you" type posts, such posts don't necessarily make the guy a troll. Now, if he's full of crap, that's different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT