ADVERTISEMENT

Hodge Trophy voting (includes CStar)

AB, didn't even give up a takedown this year. I don't think he gave up an offensive point the entire year. 20/22 bonus. 4 time champion.

Given Carter's unfortunate forfeits, anybody not voting for AB had an agenda, or is just voting for their favorite guy.
Didn't he get taken down by Glazier?

*edit. I answered my own question. He didn't get taken down.

Last edited:
Daily update: AB’s lead is by 3,687 votes, his percentage dipped just below 50%.

Can someone who can, post this on the football board?

Reactions: ccdiver
Daily update: AB’s lead is by 3,687 votes, his percentage dipped just below 50%.

Can someone who can, post this on the football board?
For clarification, Brook's lead after the first day was a bit over 2700 votes. Yesterday morning the lead was 3500. His percentage went down a bit today, but his lead expanded by about 200. To quote the Ant: "Calm down, I'm the Champ"

For clarification, Brook's lead after the first day was a bit over 2700 votes. Yesterday morning the lead was 3500. His percentage went down a bit today, but his lead expanded by about 200. To quote the Ant: "Calm down, I'm the Champ"
i’m not freaking out— Aaron‘s gonna win easily regardless of how the fan vote goes anyway. I just like to give everyone a chance to admire Brooks’ amazingness.

They have the top wrong at 28-0 when it is 31-0. here are the details as you scroll down:

Parker Keckeisen
184 • Senior • Northern Iowa • Glendale, Wisc.
Record: 31-0
Bonus %: 90.3
Pins: 2
Technical Falls: 12
Major Decisions: 14
Parker can win it next year. If he were a senior I think some would take that into consideration.

And reversals. If there was any, it would be a reversal.
I watched Flo last night for the first time in years. They were talking about the Hodge, and mentioned that not only didn't Aaron give up an offensive point, at no point did he trail in a match all year. That sounds impressive, but when I think about it, the only way that happens is if it is 0-0 going into the second and his opponent gets an escape/reversal, or on a technical violation.

I watched Flo last night for the first time in years. They were talking about the Hodge, and mentioned that not only didn't Aaron give up an offensive point, at no point did he trail in a match all year. That sounds impressive, but when I think about it, the only way that happens is if it is 0-0 going into the second and his opponent gets an escape/reversal, or on a technical violation.
It's called "being the overall best wrestler in the country"

… Flo last night … mentioned that not only didn't Aaron give up an offensive point, at no point did he trail in a match all year ….
It's called "being the overall best wrestler in the country"
That might be understating things! I suspect that some years, maybe most years, not one single wrestler achieves Aaron’s accomplishment.

That might be understating things! I suspect that some years, maybe most years, not one single wrestler achieves Aaron’s accomplishment.
If you mean not giving up an offensive point all year: Kerk nearly did it this year -- gave up 1 takedown to Feldman at B10s. So it seems feasible for him next year.

Beyond that, not trailing all year is a matter of the coin flip. If enough opponents start the 2nd on bottom, it's likely one of them gets an escape. Though Kerk seems less willing to cut them for more time on feet.

If you mean not giving up an offensive point all year: Kerk nearly did it this year -- gave up 1 takedown to Feldman at B10s. So it seems feasible for him next year.

Beyond that, not trailing all year is a matter of the coin flip. If enough opponents start the 2nd on bottom, it's likely one of them gets an escape. Though Kerk seems less willing to cut them for more time on feet.
The only match that the coin flip decided it this year was against Glaizer. 0-0 going into the second and Aaron took bottom. E1 and T3 for him in the second, and nothing from Glazier. Glazier took down to start the 3rd and E1 (SW as well). Not certain if Glaizer won the flip and deferred or Aaron won and took bottom. So possibly/probably if Glaizer takes bottom in second, he gets the E1 and the lead.

The Hidlay match had Aaron getting the takedown with 7 seconds left in the period. Close. We all know the results after that takedown.

Last edited:
The only reason anyone but UNI fans are voting for Keckeisen over Brooks is because "Screw PSU" (many of whom are Iowa fans)

"It's a season award and Keckeisen wrestled more"

Stop, that's not why you're really voting for him. Have a feeling there will be a lot of crying if it's as much of a landslide as I think it will be and I will enjoy all the sad tears.

The only reason anyone but UNI fans are voting for Keckeisen over Brooks is because "Screw PSU" (many of whom are Iowa fans)

"It's a season award and Keckeisen wrestled more"

Stop, that's not why you're really voting for him. Have a feeling there will be a lot of crying if it's as much of a landslide as I think it will be and I will enjoy all the sad tears.
Agreed. I may be wrong, but it seems like there's more and more anti-PSU fans as the seasons go on with PSU winning. Sounded like quite a few fans were cheering a PSU loss at this year's tournament. I'm guessing our winning is wearing on everyone else.

… Beyond that, not trailing all year is a matter of the coin flip. If enough opponents start the 2nd on bottom, it's likely one of them gets an escape. Though Kerk seems less willing to cut them for more time on feet.
Yeah. The never-trailing part is impressive to me. To never trail, as you ~said, you need to have all heads on N coin flips. You can reduce N by getting more takedowns in period 1, and you can increase the weighting of heads for each coin flip above 50% by being able to ride out the whole period 2 (or to turn people for backpoints). It is hard to get all heads for high N!

Last edited:
Reactions: CentexLion
Agreed. I may be wrong, but it seems like there's more and more anti-PSU fans as the seasons go on with PSU winning. Sounded like quite a few fans were cheering a PSU loss at this year's tournament. I'm guessing our winning is wearing on everyone else.
met a guy sunday morning as we were leaving the marriot wearing an iowa sweatshirt. says, i'm really getting sick & tired seeing all this blue & white. responded with, now you know what we felt light all those years. both of us had a good laugh as we left.

We should see more blue and white in Philly next March.
fl35_ZJyGqVyip-cIdgo65FRPVTkIUfb7LkKHfIIzwokxy3IpMGt_ZmMEOYfF4zm99FI86CSVcv58eMmHPdKf5kPOx5SgIdSFFz2AoLFlOv9yiB9Sq-9KcdkL3e_rtb_7sl-ljCq5av7breeLKnZMva8GH43cLI

I think it was inevitable. Fans get tired of seeing the same team win. For a while I think PSU got a pass because they weren't Iowa but now they are grabbing quality guys off other rosters and breaking records and it seems people are actively turning against them. Suspect it will be the norm going forward.

Gods Country - Potter County. Built a house north of Roulette on Fishing Creek. Fished and enjoyed the solitude there for 20+ years until the Aryan Nation brought the adjacent land. Solitude no mo!

I know that country well. I live about 10 miles north of there.

Reactions: creamery freak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT