ADVERTISEMENT

FULL COURT PRESS

Truthfully, we're set at all weights for a long time. If a kid doesn't want to come here, it's not the end of the world and it's not like there wouldn't be any other options ranked behind them. Remember how a lot of people thought Bo Nickal was a consolation prize for missing on Marsteller?

Yes it is not Facundo or SVN.
So that means the Cunningham and Sanderson kids are not committing to PSU? 😁. Not worried about the future recruits. 6 starting freshmen and only 1 senior. Stable is pretty full for awhile

OK, so let's play some process of elimination:

2021:
- Van Ness, Facundo -- not them
- Steen -- not mentioned, but really unlikely
- Manville -- uncommitted, but then why move the entire family to State College this year?

2022:
- Not News: Cruz, Feldman
- Not Him: Bouzakis
- Willie Says PSU: Haines
- Where do they fit?: Van Dee, Bennett, Rogers, Pitzer, Franklin

2023:
- No School List: everybody except Chittum (McGowan, Mullen, Kilkeary, Kasak, etc.)

That leaves Chittum, who has PSU among his finalists (already!). But for some reason he strikes me as headed to the Goofers.

Can't think of anybody else who's gotten more than a passing mention here.

2021:
- Manville -- uncommitted, but then why move the entire family to State College this year?

2022:

2023:
- No School List: everybody except Chittum (McGowan, Mullen, Kilkeary, Kasak, etc.)

That leaves Chittum, who has PSU among his finalists (already!). But for some reason he strikes me as headed to the Goofers.

It's a guy PSU doesn't already have committed so it's really no biggie. You want as much talent as possible but it's not a situation where we're done for if we miss out on a kid.

Like I said, who we have signed and rostered already is enough for several years.

2021:

2022:

2023:

Good exercise, but the "no school list" guys don't necessarily qualify for elimination. McGowan and Mullen were even mentioned in this thread before the "bad news" post came along. One could make a similar argument for guys like Bennett and Rogers, though that group may be less likely to induce a board meltdown because the "where do they fit?" question is valid.

2021:

2022:

2023:

Is it possible that he’s classifying Griffith as recruiting news since he’s technically a free agent being recruited?

Not Griffith, I don’t know to give it away without giving it away lol.
You're really into getting to the "now you have to tell us" zone man ....

In reality, I get you have your reasons, possible you aren't trying to ruin a kid's recruitment and that's obviously understandable.

Reactions: donboy6499
giphy.gif

No, I apologize I am not trying to troll I am just pointing out that there is a big time recruit that we’re really hoping to get that seems to be destined for another school at this point. I understand things can change because they are kids but I can’t give out exact details so I figured I’d at least throw out some pretty credible general information. I apologize if it was the wrong thing to do.

I just wish I could get back the minutes I wasted chasing this one. Pointless topic.

No, that was confirmed to be Nick Nevills' wife being pregnant.
Boy am I glad I stopped reading that thread. I will say the thread got bopper to hint he heard Van Ness changed his mind from Cornell so it wasn't totally for naught.

Boy am I glad I stopped reading that thread. I will say the thread got bopper to hint he heard Van Ness changed his mind from Cornell so it wasn't totally for naught.
I am still having flashbacks regarding that thread :-(

I am still having flashbacks regarding that thread :-(
Yeah I get it was well meaning and it's obviously great news being shared but it truthfully was a troll thread. You have to know how hinting a new recruit was in the works would get taken on a message board. Similarly I don't think PSU 522's ominous information then I won't tell you is cool either. Either don't share any or share it all. At least that's what I think is proper message board etiquette if you aren't intending to troll (which I don't think either were, they're both good posters) Alas, the words etiquette and message boards feel like oil and water and they can't mix anyways lol. No biggie and we probably shouldn't get worked up over things like that anyways.

Alas, we have a great board that I'm very proud to be a part of. If a few negative nancies plus a few occasional teases are the negatives then we can say it is a great community.

Someone get Jesse Dellevecchia on the line and tell him to come to PSU for his final year of eligibility. He can pick any weight he wants, as long as it's 157 or 165.

Reactions: Mcnulty7310
ADVERTISEMENT