ADVERTISEMENT

FSU

Marylovesthelions

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
What would there record be in the B1G East division, PAC 12 or SEC? The ACC is a joke as well as the B12. The 12 team playoff will eliminate these choices.

Reactions: LemonEars
Big Ten East? Likely 10-2 or 11-1.

SEC West? They beat an LSU team by three touchdowns that went 6-2 in the SEC West.

Reactions: PSUCYCLING
The ACC had a better record against the SEC this year and the SEC had the worst out of conference record. There’s no reason the SEC should have been an auto-include.

On the selection show today, some people speculated that FSU was left out due to the injury to their QB. The stated selection criteria (at least what I found online) doesn't seem to indicate that best team RIGHT NOW or best team GOING FORWARD is supposed to be part of the criteria. Maybe they leave it intentionally vague so they have wiggle room and can follow the $.

On the selection show today, some people speculated that FSU was left out due to the injury to their QB. The stated selection criteria (at least what I found online) doesn't seem to indicate that best team RIGHT NOW or best team GOING FORWARD is supposed to be part of the criteria. Maybe they leave it intentionally vague so they have wiggle room and can follow the $.
What if JJ McCarthy gets hurt in bowl prep? Should they get rid of Michigan for Georgia? Instead of playing the playoff games, they should just speculate who would win and crown that team the champion.

What a farce!

Their principles are (note the last one)...
  • The selection committee will select the teams using a process that distinguishes among otherwise comparable teams by considering:
    • Conference championships won,
    • Strength of schedule,
    • Head‐to‐head competition,
    • Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory), and,
    • Other relevant factors such as unavailability of key players and coaches that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.

What would there record be in the B1G East division, PAC 12 or SEC? The ACC is a joke as well as the B12. The 12 team playoff will eliminate these choices.
The college football regular season and championship games have now been rendered irrelevant. A real good team played the schedule that was put in front of them, won EVERY game, then won their conference championship game. What else could they do?

Fairness doesn't have anything to do with bama over fsu. Big bad corporate America made the call. Advertisers just will not pay top dollar for blowouts. FSU had to go, plain and simple. Maximized return of an investment, is what the heavy hitting cable companies demand. They got the angle they had hoped for and end of story.

Fairness doesn't have anything to do with bama over fsu. Big bad corporate America made the call. Advertisers just will not pay top dollar for blowouts. FSU had to go, plain and simple. Maximized return of an investment, is what the heavy hitting cable companies demand. They got the angle they had hoped for and end of story.
I’d have more respect for the committee if they just admitted to that instead of all the verbal gymnastics they’re doing to justify the biggest screw job possibly ever.

I’d have more respect for the committee if they just admitted to that instead of all the verbal gymnastics they’re doing to justify the biggest screw job possibly ever.

Don't know if this qualifies as the biggest, but it's definitely in the top-5. As a matter of fact, Penn State owns more than one spot on that list.

I do feel bad for the Noles though. Mike Norvell strikes me as one of the authentically Good Guys in college football.

Reactions: dbbp and doctornick
Don't know if this qualifies as the biggest, but it's definitely in the top-5. As a matter of fact, Penn State owns more than one spot on that list.

I do feel bad for the Noles though. Mike Norvell strikes me as one of the authentically Good Guys in college football.
I thought of 94 possibly being the worst, but at least both teams were undefeated, unlike this year.

I thought of 94 possibly being the worst, but at least both teams were undefeated, unlike this year.
Undefeated is not a qualifier for anything. Also, consider Alabama. Their new,
QB stunk and was benched. They coached him up and he is amazing now. The ACC is the weakest power 5 conference. A 1 loss team in the; B1G, SEC, PAC12 are more deserving and a better team.

• The selection committee will select the teams using a process that distinguishes among otherwise comparable teams by considering:
    • Strength of schedule,
    • Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory), and,
    • Other relevant factors such as unavailability of key players and coaches that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.
Thank you! I missed that last part.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
QB stunk and was benched. They coached him up and he is amazing now. The ACC is the weakest power 5 conference. A 1 loss team in the; B1G, SEC, PAC12 are more deserving and a better team.
Horse manure, Mary.

Reactions: knickslions
    • Strength of schedule,

The first paragraph is the first criteria - "otherwise comparable" means a 1-loss P5 team is not comparable to an undefeated P5 team, just as a 2-loss P5 team is not comparable to a 1-loss P5 team! Remember 2016, duhO$U was supposedly selected over PSU because RECORD came before Conference Championship - Conference Championship supposedly only came into play if the 1st Criteria, Record (i.e, number of losses), was the same.... but now the criteria has been morphed so the SEC Champion doesn't have to be left out due to losing the 3rd tie-breaker - head-to-head result. F'ing shameless and disgusting what these corrupt a-holes did on the CFP Committee.

He wasn’t amazing last week almost losing to a bad Auburn team. So they didn’t “coach him up” too much. And FSU played two SEC teams and beat them both including a butt whipping over one of the higher ranked SEC teams. And undefeated has always been a qualifier.

• Strength of schedule,
The problem here is FSU and Bama aren’t “comparable teams” - one is undefeated and one is not.

Those criteria make sense between Texas and Bama.

Reactions: stf110
Bullcrap. They have been preaching to us for the past 3 decades that losses count, and are the most counting of the counting things, and then after that conference championships and other things.

But it always has been you take all the undefeated teams from the power conferences 1st into consideration for things, if you have spots left over after them, you then move to 1 loss teams.

Reactions: doctornick
Bullcrap. They have been preaching to us for the past 3 decades that losses count, and are the most counting of the counting things, and then after that conference championships and other things.

But it always has been you take all the undefeated teams from the power conferences 1st into consideration for things, if you have spots left over after them, you then move to 1 loss teams.
And maybe they learned a valuable lesson the last time they took an undefeated FSU team

And maybe they learned a valuable lesson the last time they took an undefeated FSU team
Last time means squat.

Its like saying if the Lions end up 12-5 this year in the NFL and they were "you know, you all sucked for like 20 years, so we are going to take the Rams, yea they are not great this year but historically speaking they have been the past 10 or so years.

Last time means squat.

Its like saying if the Lions end up 12-5 this year in the NFL and they were "you know, you all sucked for like 20 years, so we are going to take the Rams, yea they are not great this year but historically speaking they have been the past 10 or so years.
Accept the Lions will have to battle a field of 6 other teams in the NFC to get to a SB in a conference were almost 50% or the league makes the playoffs not 4 out of 133. Again it's not comparable

I feel bad for FSU but the stated goal is the best 4. FSU without Travis isn't a top 4 team. The 12 team playoff should have started this year. The 4 that are in plus FSU Georgia and Ohio State are all deserving. A four team playoff just doesn't work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT