ADVERTISEMENT

Who gets in Bama or Texas?

None of the games matter except the sec title game and that one only matters for the winner. Worst sport ever.
Since all these pro-SEC pundits are using history as their reason why Bama and maybe even Georgia should get in, the. Washington should be left out this year since historically the PAC 12 is the conference left out. I mean since history is more important than actual results, let’s go all the way with it.

The odd thing is that despite people making this out to be complicated, it’s surprisingly straight forward.

Reactions: johnmpsu
The odd thing is that despite people making this out to be complicated, it’s surprisingly straight forward.
Guess we'll see tomorrow how straight forward it is
The reality is it should never be simple or clear. Regardless what they do about half the people will be angry.

Since all these pro-SEC pundits are using history as their reason why Bama and maybe even Georgia should get in, the. Washington should be left out this year since historically the PAC 12 is the conference left out. I mean since history is more important than actual results, let’s go all the way with it.

like they always say “every game (from every season) matters”

As Herbstreit has said many times, it’s “best teams” not best resume “most deserving” per the committee criteria.

Given this, it should be Michigan, Washington, Texas, Alabama. FSU is just not that good. Using common sense, it should be Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas. Does the committee have the balls to exclude the SEC?

Georgia is a should not even be considered. Their schedule this year was garbage.

Reactions: PSUCYCLING
As Herbstreit has said many times, it’s “best teams” not best resume “most deserving” per the committee criteria.

Given this, it should be Michigan, Washington, Texas, Alabama. FSU is just not that good. Using common sense, it should be Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas. Does the committee have the balls to exclude the SEC?

Georgia is a should not even be considered. Their schedule this year was garbage.
But have wins over 9 and 11. FSU has a best win over 14 before the fall tomorrow.

Apparently....because you don't think every game matters

hint it’s the part between the ( and the ). I was responding to a post about needing to consider historical results because #sec benefits when you do. I know you think results from last season and the season before that should weigh in as well so not shocking you overlooked it.

“Every game matters”, but apparently winning all of them isn’t good enough? 🤣

And it’s not like FSU was ducking teams given they played LSU and Florida non conference.

And it’s not like FSU was ducking teams given they played LSU and Florida non conference.

FSU has beaten more bowl eligible teams than anyone else was said during the game. Haven’t fact checked it.

I will say from my scan around that the talking heads have realized they can’t effectively argue for Bama over Texas, so the argument has shifted to “FSU isn’t good enough”

Reactions: diontechristmas

Not win your beat wins are Louisville and the 5th best team in the SEC

Michigan beat Penn State and Ohio State
Washington beat Oregon twice
Bama beat Georgia and Ole Miss
Georgia beat Mizzou and Ole Miss
Texas beat Bama and...well no one really...K-State?

FSU is on par with Missouri and Penn State. They beat the teams they should but lack impressive wins

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I will say from my scan around that the talking heads have realized they can’t effectively argue for Bama over Texas, so the argument has shifted to “FSU isn’t good enough”

This is the real debate. Bama isn’t getting in without Texas making it as well so the debate is bama or fsu.

Georgia can see their championshipless selves to one of the meaningless ny6 games with all us other losers.

Reactions: doctornick
But they did. And we are. Both teams everyone is trying to use the sec strength argument to bump out beat ranked sec teams this year. If beating ranked sec teams doesn’t mean anything then it’s obviously not a very strong conference. Can’t have it both ways.
Again Louisville and LSU as your best wins doesn't compare to Georgia and Ole Miss or even just having Bama. We all know that.

This board bashes the ACC constantly until they don't want the SEC in the playoff because you all know if Bama or Georgia get in they probably win it whereas FSU has no shot to win it.

Again Louisville and LSU as your best wins doesn't compare to Georgia and Ole Miss or even just having Bama. We all know that.

This board bashes the ACC constantly until they don't want the SEC in the playoff because you all know if Bama or Georgia get in they probably win it whereas FSU has no shot to win it.

I don’t know who the committee is going to take between bama and fsu. I don’t see any universe where bama gets in and Texas doesn’t.

I know UGA is falling outside the top 4.

Reactions: doctornick
Sorry Bama
They're in.
No, it does make the most sense. Georgia is the team the committee felt was "considerably better" than everyone else. Why drop them far for losing by 3 in an "extra game"
Because now they clearly are NOT "considerably better". They are just another team in the mix that oh by the way could not even win their conference championship.

In your line of thinking the two division winners of the SEC get auto bids then any other team undefeated except from the ACC and Ohio State is in if only one loss. Oh and Penn State would never deserve it unless they were undefeated but even then maybe not because they just don't look good. So to keep it simple, you would just prefer it be a Michigan, Ohio St, Bama. Georgia playoff every year. No one else invited. Admit it all your blustering and responding to every thread on this board boils down to that and you hide behind they are "the 4 best teams". This is why you have countless enemies on this board. Flush!

I am pretty sure you believe Penn State did not deserve a share of the title in '94 did not deserve to play for the NC in '82 was totally lucky to win in '86. You would argue since Miami had more talent they should have won that game so they meet the eye test and should have won the '86 title so give it to Miami. And of course we never deserved a title in '68, '69 or '73. Let's see did I miss any more anti Penn State opinions from you?

They're in.
Because now they clearly are NOT "considerably better". They are just another team in the mix that oh by the way could not even win their conference championship.

In your line of thinking the two division winners of the SEC get auto bids then any other team undefeated except from the ACC and Ohio State is in if only one loss. Oh and Penn State would never deserve it unless they were undefeated but even then maybe not because they just don't look good. So to keep it simple, you would just prefer it be a Michigan, Ohio St, Bama. Georgia playoff every year. No one else invited. Admit it all your blustering and responding to every thread on this board boils down to that and you hide behind they are "the 4 best teams". This is why you have countless enemies on this board. Flush!

I am pretty sure you believe Penn State did not deserve a share of the title in '94 did not deserve to play for the NC in '82 was totally lucky to win in '86. You would argue since Miami had more talent they should have won that game so they meet the eye test and should have won the '86 title do give it to Miami. And of course we never deserved a title in '68, '69 or '73. Let's see did I miss any more anti Penn State opinions from you?

05 wasn’t even in contention for a title.

Too bad FSU didn't play a top 12 team or they'd have one too
And you know this how? All kneel before the great prognosticator. We should just cancel football and ask Lando who's best. Why play the games. Lando can predict the future. Got any good stock tips I can ignore?

And you know this how? All kneel before the great prognosticator. We should just cancel football and ask Lando who's best. Why play the games. Lando can predict the future. Got any good stock tips I can ignore?

He made people a ton of money with his big 12 cg proclamation.

He's a shill for Bama, Georgia. Michigan and Ohio State. He secretly hates Penn State but everyone already knows that on this board.

I understand all of us trying to evaluate these teams and wanting to award “points” for best wins or better wins. It is my belief if we do this, we must also deduct “points” for any loss. I’ll go so far as to say the deduction for any loss should be greater than the award for a best win.
Winning each week is the objective. Failure to meet the objective should have its consequences.
Do I believe FSU is one of the four best team playing the first weekend of December?
No.
But FSU played the schedule that has been set for years that included some traditionally strong SEC opponents. And they found a way to walk off the field a winner every time.
FSU did everything it could possibly do. Alabama, Texas, Georgia can’t say the same thing.

Last edited:
Should be the 3 unbeatens and either Texas, Bama or OSU. OSU out because no conference champ game even though they have best loss. Texas in due to head to head. Texas has been more consistent than Bama as well.

The question is, will they keep SEC out and if so, who's out? Is FSU out due to QB situation and weak conference? Is that right call? No matter what, all of these teams are historical powers, except Washington, and will draw eyeballs.

I understand all of us trying to evaluate these teams and wanting to award “points” for best wins or better wins. It is my belief if we do this, we must also deduct “points” for any loss. I’ll go so far as to say the deduction for any loss should be greater than the award for a best win.
Winning each week is the objective. Failure to meet the objective should have its consequences.
Do I believe FSU is one of the four best team playing the first weekend of December?
No.
But FSU played the schedule that has been set for years that included some traditionally strong SEC opponents. And they found a way to walk off the field a winner every time.
FSU did everything it could possibly do. Alabama, Texas, Georgia can’t say the same thing.
That would be a valid argument if FSU still had their first string QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT