ADVERTISEMENT

Acc title game

Little J

Sep 17, 2001
To think Florida state could end up in the playoff. Refs doing all they can to put FSU in. Big $$ at stake.

Then there is Louisville - lost to a sec team and to lowly Pitt.

The ACC sucks!

No matter how much Lando wants it Michigan has to play Alabama in a few weeks.

With 7:43 left in the second quarter-

FSU offense-
30 yards total.
12 yards passing
18 yards rushing.

You put FSu in there and 1 team has a Iowa-like walkover to the title game

It's a damn shame because with Jordan Travis at QB, the Noles are a legit playoff team.

But the O they're showing tonight with the freshman 3rd-stringer behind center is pretty horrible. Fortunately for them, Louisville's O looks even worse.

Watching FSU tonight- the committee can not let them in. This is beyond inept offensive play. I realize it’s their 3rd string QB but their #1 QB is out for the year and #2 is questionable from a concussion.

It’s just about halftime and it’s 3-0 FSU. Florida State has 80 total yards on 7 offensive possessions in the half.

Right now Iowa could take FSU. They’ve been that inept on offense.

This is one ugly game. Thought L'vile would win with FSU QB injuries, but didn't know their offense is that bad.

I have to say the Dr Pepper scholarship challenge is the gayest thing ever. They should make the nerds throw the football the correct way rather than as a basketball chest pass.

• Haha
Reactions: Little J and Jerry
Regarding the FSU QB situation, Rodemaker would be back for the playoff, so if you are going to diss FSU for “not having a good enough offense” you would have to take that into account. To the extent that those factors should play into a decision over the total body of work. It would be an easy thing for the Committee to point to in order to avoid having to not include an undefeated team.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
I’m sure the Committee members are all hoping Louisville wins and makes their choice easy.

At this point I'm hoping the same thing. Otherwise we might be looking at a Michigan-Florida State matchup in the first game, which would almost amount to the equivalent of a bye for the Wolverines.

I mean, with the 3rd-string guy at QB, the Noles look worse than Iowa on offense. I'd much rather see Michigan have to take on either Alabama or Texas in the first game.

It sucks that things broke this way for Florida State, but such is life.

Regarding the FSU QB situation, Rodemaker would be back for the playoff, so if you are going to diss FSU for “not having a good enough offense” you would have to take that into account. To the extent that those factors should play into a decision over the total body of work. It would be an easy thing for the Committee to point to in order to avoid having to not include an undefeated team.
What has Rodemaker shown? He looked poor against 5-7 Florida

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
At this point I'm hoping the same thing. Otherwise we might be looking at a Michigan-Florida State matchup in the first game, which would almost amount to the equivalent of a bye for the Wolverines.

I mean, with the 3rd-string guy at QB, the Noles look worse than Iowa on offense. I'd much rather see Michigan have to take on either Alabama or Texas in the first game.

It sucks that things broke this way for Florida State, but such is life.
But as Booger said, the committee is not supposed to be trying to come up with the matchups people want to see. As fans the thing we should want to see more than anything is consistency. Undefeated P5 conference champions have always gotten in… if they change that up because a team they want to be in it gets left out, then the system has even less credibility than we ever thought.

Reactions: doctornick
But as Booger said, the committee is not supposed to be trying to come up with the matchups people want to see. As fans the thing we should want to see more than anything is consistency. Undefeated P5 conference champions have always gotten in… if they change that up because a team they want to be in it gets left out, then the system has even less credibility than we ever thought.
Booger also said "I know it's about the 4 best teams but I care about deserving" which makes everything he said moot.

I’m sure the Committee members are all hoping Louisville wins and makes their choice easy.
Im thinking they will get their wish, I can’t see FSU winning this game, plus Bama gets lucky a lot and things fall their way.

Why in the world is there a Michigan fan (in full Michigan gear) sitting at the ACC championship game while his “beloved” Wolverines are playing in the Big 10 championship game?

Agreed, but the point is if Florida State loses tonight, then there's no argument. They won't be in and shouldn't be.

Actually, come to think of it, I'm wondering what that would mean for our NY6 prospects. Maybe better for us if the Noles win and make the playoff?

Agreed, but the point is if Florida State loses tonight, then there's no argument. They won't be in and shouldn't be.

Actually, come to think of it, I'm wondering what that would mean for our NY6 prospects. Maybe better for us if the Noles win and make the playoff?
If FSU loses, then Bama is definitely in and should be. Georgia should not be in however.

Reactions: doctornick
We're in regardless and Louisville is in the Orange regardless so no impact.

Greatest thing to come out of this win is SEC locked out of the playoffs. Why would you want FSU out and Bama in?? Nothing I’d love to see more than those hillbillies losing their collective minds about being left out of a system they created to get 2 teams in annually. This is glorious.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
FSU Clemson UNC and Virginia Tech should join the SEC
Notre Dame and Utah/Arizona to the Big Ten
Then we can stop pretending anyone else matters. Go from 20 to 24 eventually but the ACC and Bid XII getting a bye next year is a joke

I like to see the ratings of the conference title games over time. This all is meant to increase college football popularity, and maybe it is overall, but for certain people, like me, it just sucks. The conference title games are not interesting to me in the slightest. For that matter, the playoff isn't either unless a particular team I'm interested is in it. I'm more likely to watch some Dec 28 bowl game two 8-4 teams than I am the over-hyped playoff.

I like to see the ratings of the conference title games over time. This all is meant to increase college football popularity, and maybe it is overall, but for certain people, like me, it just sucks. The conference title games are not interesting to me in the slightest. For that matter, the playoff isn't either unless a particular team I'm interested is in it. I'm more likely to watch some Dec 28 bowl game two 8-4 teams than I am the over-hyped playoff.
I really like the conference championships but usually don’t really watch the CFP games. I watch the regular bowl more than the CFP playoff games - they are just as entertaining and honestly I’m usually sick of the overhyping of the CFP participants by that point.

I really like the conference championships but usually don’t really watch the CFP games. I watch the regular bowl more than the CFP playoff games - they are just as entertaining and honestly I’m usually sick of the overhyping of the CFP participants by that point.
Do you watch the Pro Bowl and skip the Supe Bowl too?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT