ADVERTISEMENT

Who gets in Bama or Texas?

OSU dropped from 2 to 6 after losing to number 3 on the road by a score. bama just lost to #8. Dropping 4 spots isnt crazy or unprecedented even if someone wants to act like it is.

Reactions: doctornick
If FSU was an SEC team all we would be hearing is look at how they have overcome adversity. They deserve to be in but since they're not sec the whole league stinks and they shouldn't even bother playing the season.

Reactions: AWS1022
If FSU was an SEC team all we would be hearing is look at how they have overcome adversity. They deserve to be in but since they're not sec the whole league stinks and they shouldn't even bother playing the season.
They aren't an SEC team and best wins are LSU, Louisville and NCSU

Well this guy is silly. The Committee has consistently shown that CCG winner go up, often significantly, and losers go down especially below CCG winners with the same or fewer losses.
Give an example of a CCG loser dropping 3-4 spots

Michigan probably has the best shot simply because the team that beats them wouldn’t be above them in terms of playoff rankings (unlike Georgia were Bama would be higher if the Tide wins). I think Michigan would be out though if Texas wins as seems to be the case and FSU wins.

Also Michigan has the potential issue of the Committee being biased against them due to the sign stealing. Them losing gives the Committee an “out” to not take them
Michigan should not be in the CFP. Don't cheat and expect to be included.

Reactions: KCLion

Haha! Funny stuff.

Michigan and Washington are 1 and 2, so he's got that right.

FSU is probably 4.

Georgia is out.

3 is between Alabama and Texas...as per the title of the thread.

How can the Tide get the nod when the Horns beat them?

On the other hand, if the sacred SEC is left out, there may be another mass secession of southern states from the Union.

I for one will do a little dance with no SEC in playoffs. Nice way to end the stupid 4 team playoff. Next year will be much better with 12.

It's really not chaotic. It's only chaotic to those who think #sec means something.

You have three 13-0 P5 Champs.

You have two 12-1 P5 Champs.

One of those 12-1 Champs beat the other by 10 points on the road.

Simple.
We'll see if the committee has the balls to put Bama and Georgia at 5/6
I'm all for it. That will end college football as we know it which is a good thing.
Anyone that believe the SEC and the networks will tolerate that is crazy.

We'll see if the committee has the balls to put Bama and Georgia at 5/6
I'm all for it. That will end college football as we know it which is a good thing.
Anyone that believe the SEC and the networks will tolerate that is crazy.

No it won't. The fix is already coming next year.

It's really not chaotic. It's only chaotic to those who think #sec means something.

You have three 13-0 P5 Champs.

You have two 12-1 P5 Champs.

One of those 12-1 Champs beat the other by 10 points on the road.

Simple.
This^….and FSU beat one of the higher ranked SEC teams as well.

With 1 loss. You love qualifiers after the fact.
Find me an example of a 12-0 team ranked 1 that lost a CCG and fell more than 3 spots
We all can come up with scenarios
This is year is unlike any other so we'll see what the committee does and who's really in control

No it won't. The fix is already coming next year.
That's not a fix. The SEC doesn't need the ACC or Big XII. Neither does the Big Ten.
Why stay in this league and leave it up to "a committee" when you can form something far better?
We all know the NCAA is dying when it comes to football. It's just how fast.

Find me an example of a 12-0 team ranked 1 that lost a CCG and fell more than 3 spots
We all can come up with scenarios
This is year is unlike any other so we'll see what the committee does and who's really in control

A 12-0 team has never lost a conference championship game in a season where all of the p5 champs were 13-0 or 12-1.

With expansion next year the Big Ten/SEC could have held a 12 team playoff of featuring...

Michigan, Washington, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State and Iowa
Georgia, Texas, Bama, Missouri, Ole Miss and Oklahoma

Hell even do 8--that's a better playoff and more money.

This is what should happen
It makes the most sense to only move Georgia down 2-3
I'd have Ohio State Texas or Bama at 4 though
Ohio State over Bama and Texas, two conference champs? You have no clue. Just leave Georgia #1 and don't play any of the games. Gilmore is a clown, doing that just says none of the games matter.

Ohio State over Bama and Texas, two conference champs? You have no clue. Just leave Georgia #1 and don't play any of the games. Gilmore is a clown, doing that just says none of the games matter.
You give way more value to a title than you should. Ohio State has one loss to #1. They fact their not in the mix is a joke.

Wash Michigan FSU and GA. that way the SEC gets a member in without dealing with the head to head loss between TX and AL

None of the games matter except the sec title game and that one only matters for the winner. Worst sport ever.

Wash Michigan FSU and GA. that way the SEC gets a member in without dealing with the head to head loss between TX and AL
You'd probably have to leave Ohio State at 5 for that to work. It's why I think Georgia at 3 makes sense.

Texas Alabama isn’t the only h2h win the committee needs to deal with… I think you’re forgetting another one….

Then pair Al and TX, oh, wait, I think I’ve seen that before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT