ADVERTISEMENT

Who gets in Bama or Texas?

PSUWrestlingFanSince2011

Mar 22, 2022
Washington is in. If Mich. and FSU win, and Bama beats undefeated 2-time defending champ #1 Georgia are they getting into the playoff or is Texas getting in with a win over Okie State? Texas beat Bama earlier this year but its hard for me to see them leaving out a 12-1 SEC champ with a win over Georgia.

FSU is not win and in. They must he impressive.
Georgia and Bama may get in with that scenario
Texas has no chance there fair or not that's just how it is. Moving to the SEC solves that problem for them in the future. Ohio State might still be ahead of Texas even if Texas wins today. Oklahoma State doesn't move the needle.

FSU is not win and in. They must he impressive.
Georgia and Bama may get in with that scenario
Texas has no chance there fair or not that's just how it is. Moving to the SEC solves that problem for them in the future. Ohio State might still be ahead of Texas even if Texas wins today. Oklahoma State doesn't move the needle.
I dont see an undefeated FSU getting left out. Thet beat LSU/ if they won ACC and went unbeaten.

I dont see an undefeated FSU getting left out. Thet beat LSU/ if they won ACC and went unbeaten.
And lost their QB, lack quality wins and have struggled against many bad teams. Not just bad by my standards but by anyone's. The SEC is the premier conference fair or not. Georgia is a two time defending champ at 12-1 in this scenario. Georgia and Bama are in.

Do you think FSU is a top 4 team?
Do you think they'd beat us? I don't

Washington is in. If Mich. and FSU win, and Bama beats undefeated 2-time defending champ #1 Georgia are they getting into the playoff or is Texas getting in with a win over Okie State? Texas beat Bama earlier this year but its hard for me to see them leaving out a 12-1 SEC champ with a win over Georgia.

I think the real wildcard in the deck is Florida State. That game is now essentially a pick-em what with the unfortunate injury to Jordan Travis and late rumors surrounding the status of his back-up.

Let's face it, without Travis, this is not the same team that earned its way to a potential playoff spot, but if they pull off the win today, they're likely in. By ranking Florida State #4, the committee made its intentions known.

So Washington is in. Michigan is in...the Iowa game is a mere formality. If Florida State loses, and both Texas and Alabama win...oooh baby, there's gonna be a big-time argument and some seriously unhappy campers when the dust settles.

Meanwhile, Ohio State is lurking at #6 but it's hard to see the Bucks getting in over conference champ Texas if the 15-point favorite Horns win as expected. That said, never underestimate Texas's ability to blow a huge opportunity.

Reactions: LandoComando
I think the real wildcard in the deck is Florida State. That game is now essentially a pick-em what with the unfortunate injury to Jordan Travis and late rumors surrounding the status of his back-up.

Let's face it, without Travis, this is not the same team that earned its way to a potential playoff spot, but if they pull off the win today, they're likely in. By ranking Florida State #4, the committee made its intentions known.

So Washington is in. Michigan is in...the Iowa game is a mere formality. If Florida State loses, and both Texas and Alabama win...oooh baby, there's gonna be a big-time argument and some seriously unhappy campers when the dust settles.

Meanwhile, Ohio State is lurking at #6 but it's hard to see the Bucks getting in over conference champ Texas if the 15-point favorite Horns win as expected. That said, never underestimate Texas's ability to blow a huge opportunity.
Yeah, texas is on my top five “they shit the bed” teams.

Yeah bet heavily on Oklahoma State to cover just like Washington last night. Those lines were both too high. I think Texas wins but not by 3 scores.

Georgia/Alabama winner
Michigan over Iowa
Washington over Oregon
Florida State
Texas over Oklahoma State

Florida State loss puts Texas in if they win. Committee has to pick any conference winners over one loss Georgia, Ohio State, and Florida State.

Georgia/Alabama winner
Michigan over Iowa
Washington over Oregon
Florida State
Texas over Oklahoma State

Florida State loss puts Texas in if they win. Committee has to pick any conference winners over one loss Georgia, Ohio State, and Florida State.
Based on what?

i’m glad I’m not on the committee because this could become quite the conundrum. To make life as simple as possible for the committee they need Georgia, Michigan and Florida State to all win and then there’s no decision to be made. It’s done. You have your top four. Any deviation from that the proverbial can of worms will have been opened.
I think Florida State winning is probably not gonna happen. They’re down to their third quarterback almost no experience playing a decent Louisville team not great but decent.
As much as it pains me to say, I think Michigan probability of losing the Iowa is almost nil so they’re in.
The real quandary is if Bama beats Georgia then you’ve got three teams in Texas, Alabama, and Georgia who could all make a case for getting that third and fourth spot. Oh well we’ll watch and see.

Florida state is in with win . Book it!! Would be undefeated with three wins against ranked teams.

All undefeated teams will make it. Texas over Alabama. SEC shut out
What think happens or what you want to have happen?
We all realize if the SEC is shut out it ends college football as we know it--so I'm more than fine with that but if anyone believes for a second the networks and the SEC are going to allow that without seeing major change (that's not a 12 team playoff) I don't know what to tell you.

Florida state is in with win . Book it!! Would be undefeated with three wins against ranked teams.
And without their QB and maybe their backup QB
They need to do what Cardale Jones and Ohio State did to Wisconsin to ensure themselves a spot
But we'll know before that game even kickoffs if there's potential chaos.

Of course they are, no matter how sloppy they might look against Louisville. The Committee has made it clear over the years that “fewest losses” the the primary consideration when determining teams in the playoff. They are not going to leave out an undefeated P5 champion (well unless there were 5 undefeated champions of P5 conferences and they had no choice, but that’s not happening).

Reactions: Mufasa94
Georgia might still get in, even with a close loss to Bama. 2X champ from the SEC earns some leeway with the committee.

Yep, with their unreal recruiting base and the flagship school of the state, Texas is probably the most under-performing program of the last 15 to 20 years

Texas looking good so far. No team is safe on Championship Saturday today. Anyone who loses today could be out of the playoff, even Mich or Georgia.

i’m glad I’m not on the committee because this could become quite the conundrum. To make life as simple as possible for the committee they need Georgia, Michigan and Florida State to all win and then there’s no decision to be made. It’s done. You have your top four. Any deviation from that the proverbial can of worms will have been opened.
I think Florida State winning is probably not gonna happen. They’re down to their third quarterback almost no experience playing a decent Louisville team not great but decent.
As much as it pains me to say, I think Michigan probability of losing the Iowa is almost nil so they’re in.
The real quandary is if Bama beats Georgia then you’ve got three teams in Texas, Alabama, and Georgia who could all make a case for getting that third and fourth spot. Oh well we’ll watch and see.
Bama lost to Texas, I am not sure what is hard to figure out.

**** Greg stinky. If texas wins and bama wins, and Michigan and fsu win, no sec team. ****ing entitled prick. It’s enough to make me cheer for all three of those teams

**** Greg stinky. If texas wins and bama wins, and Michigan and fsu win, no sec team. ****ing entitled prick. It’s enough to make me cheer for all three of those teams
He's already made it clear if the SEC is out there's going to be a war
You may hate him but the man how a ton of power and is doing what any good commish would do--pushing his conference.

Patented Big-12 D on display in the first half.

If Texas demolishes the Cowboys in the conference championship, it's hard to see how Alabama, even with a W against Georgia, can be moved ahead of the Horns...given that Texas owns a head-to-head win against the Tide.

Committee praying right now for Georgia and FSU wins.

Reactions: doctornick
You may hate him but the man how a ton of power and is doing what any good commish would do--pushing his conference.
It would be really cool if he held his breath and rolled on the floor kicking on live tv too.

Patented Big-12 D on display in the first half.

If Texas demolishes the Cowboys in the conference championship, it's hard to see how Alabama, even with a W against Georgia, can be moved ahead of the Horns...given that Texas owns a head-to-head win against the Tide.

Committee praying right now for Georgia and FSU wins.
Because it's the same OK State team that lost against 6-6 UCF 45-3 just three weeks ago
Beating OK State doesn't do anything to the Texas resume. Beating Georgia does
They don't want FSU to win. They want Georgia, Michigan and Texas to win. FSU to lose. That makes the job easy because then it's a Texas/Ohio State debate and they can go with Texas. They don't want FSU in the playoff. If FSU gets in and they get killed people will destroy them for putting FSU.

Putting Bama in over TX is like running an Olympic race and the Olympic committee deciding to give the Gold medal to the second place finisher because he's won more races in the past and frankly they think he is more impressive. That would rightly be seen as BS. If winning head to head doesn't matter than nothing does.

Reactions: doctornick
This is why I can't wait for the 12 team playoff next year. Most of the debate - like this one - will be eliminated (95% of it anyways). If there was a 12 team playoff this year, Michigan, OSU and PSU would all be in and anyone of those 3 could beat the other two in the playoffs

He’s just “doing” his job. Whining like a baby and insisting that the world cannot go on without the sec is basically just the duke brothers demanding to reopen trading at the commodities exchange.
If the SEC left the NCAA college football because wherever they go--let's be real
He's doing his job--you crying about it is worse than what he's doing

Putting Bama in over TX is like running an Olympic race and the Olympic committee deciding to give the Gold medal to the second place finisher because he's won more races in the past and frankly they think he is more impressive. That would rightly be seen as BS. If winning head to head doesn't matter than nothing does.
It's not--that's one event. You're reducing a 13 games season to one outcome 3 months ago pretending it trumps everything else. It doesn't.

He’s just “doing” his job. Whining like a baby and insisting that the world cannot go on without the sec is basically just the duke brothers demanding to reopen trading at the commodities exchange.
“Trading Places” a very funny movie. If you can’t cheer for the Dukes to successfully manipulate the Commodities Market you’re un-American.

• Haha
Reactions: Aardvark86
It's not--that's one event. You're reducing a 13 games season to one outcome 3 months ago pretending it trumps everything else. It doesn't.
Sure it does. So you don't think head to head matters. The ONLY thing that matters is the OPINION of a bunch of people. Why play the season? Just decide before the first game who gets invited. Heck, it doesn't matter who beats who. Winning doesn't matter. The OPINION of a select few trumps winning. Games early on don't matter, they can be ignored.

Sure it does. So you don't think head to head matters. The ONLY thing that matters is the OPINION of a bunch of people. Why play the season? Just decide before the first game who gets invited. Heck, it doesn't matter who beats who. Winning doesn't matter. The OPINION of a select few trumps winning. Games early on don't matter, they can be ignored.
I think H2H matters if all else is equal. Bama beating Georgia doesn't make Texas/Bama comparable. That wins trumps everything else.
You play the season to get a full resume
Who was invited before the season started?
The objective isn't "the 4 most deserving teams"--it's the 4 best. Does anyone believe Georgia isn't one of the best 4 teams? Does anyone believe FSU without their starting QB is? We all know the answers--as does the committee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT