ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin learning on job- Time Out Situatuion in first half was atrocious

THEECOACH

Oct 10, 2005
Lancaster
All agree he is a great recruiter! I think so far the offense has been vanalli and keeping key players in the game ( after game has been decided- Hack) doesn't make sense. But yesterday using the scoreboard as a tool to track timeouts in the first half was the worst. I was a head coach for 30 years and never used anything but my mind, to keep track of TO's. Part of a coaches strategy.
Just don't understand some of the thought( if there is one ) process

All agree he is a great recruiter! I think so far the offense has been vanalli and keeping key players in the game ( after game has been decided- Hack) doesn't make sense. But yesterday using the scoreboard as a tool to track timeouts in the first half was the worst. I was a head coach for 30 years and never used anything but my mind, to keep track of TO's. Part of a coaches strategy.
Just don't understand some of the thought( if there is one ) process
Of the coaching moves to be critical of.......I'd put this at about #173.

Now.....that decision to try the 55 yard FG in that situation? That's a whole 'nuther issue.

Agree on the 55 yard field goal.....I would have gone for it as opposed to kicking from that far.....even with "The Toe".

Yep.......called the block before they even snapped it.

Huge field position advantage given up (with almost 0 chance of getting anything positive)....and lucky the block wasn't knocked back the other way and a possible 6 points for SDSU.

ANY other option was better than the FG try there.

Come on if you ever coached, you know there's a strategy for everything. And coaches KNOW how many they have. It should be moved up a few notches on your notches

Come on if you ever coached, you know there's a strategy for everything. And coaches KNOW how many they have. It should be moved up a few notches on your notches
Oh, it was a brain cramp. But it was a brain cramp that - in that situation - had ZERO potential negative implications (so, SDSU takes another knee?)

Plenty of other decisions made in any game that have the potential to actually impact the game.

Oh, it was a brain cramp. But it was a brain cramp that - in that situation - had ZERO potential negative implications (so, SDSU takes another knee?)

Plenty of other decisions made in any game that have the potential to actually impact the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT