ADVERTISEMENT

Football, the ultimate team sport

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
I watched the second half of the Buffalo Denver game. It is an interesting backdrop. Buffalo was considered one of the top teams in the AFC and a shoe-in for the playoffs who is now struggling with an off year. Denver hires a new coach and played like crap but the improved coaching is starting to take ahold.

Denver is winning the entire game thanks to four (4) Buffalo turnovers. But it is clear that Buffalo has better talent. Can Denver hang on?

• Buffalo gets the ball with about 5 minutes to go down by 6 points
  • Buff gets a long run only to have the ball knocked out of the RBs hands downfield. Another turnover? NO! the ball bounces right back into his arms and he continues the run in stride!
  • Buff scores a TD with two minutes to go to go up by 1
  • Denver drives the field. Helped by a key injury to the Buff's secondary and Damar Hamlin ends up having to play his first defensive snaps since the heart attack
  • Denver drives into FG range but ends up taking a sack making it a 41 yard FG. Instead of going for it after Buffs took a timeout with 30 seconds to play, they try another play. Now with no timeouts, rushes the FG team onto the field. The kicker, unsettled, missed wide left. But wait! Penalty! Too many players on the field for Buffalo!
  • Kicker calmly boots a 36 yard FG to win the game and probably knock the Bills out of the playoffs. 5-5 two games behind Miami for the division and 1.5 games out of the wildcard with a very difficult schedule upcoming (Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Chargers, Patriots and Dolphins)
The Bills are almost the same team as last year but just can't keep from making a multitude of small mistakes that keep them losing despite superior talent.

Reactions: bison13
I watched the second half of the Buffalo Denver game. It is an interesting backdrop. Buffalo was considered one of the top teams in the AFC and a shoe-in for the playoffs who is now struggling with an off year. Denver hires a new coach and played like crap but the improved coaching is starting to take ahold.

Denver is winning the entire game thanks to four (4) Buffalo turnovers. But it is clear that Buffalo has better talent. Can Denver hang on?

• Buffalo gets the ball with about 5 minutes to go down by 6 points
  • Buff gets a long run only to have the ball knocked out of the RBs hands downfield. Another turnover? NO! the ball bounces right back into his arms and he continues the run in stride!
  • Buff scores a TD with two minutes to go to go up by 1
  • Denver drives the field. Helped by a key injury to the Buff's secondary and Damar Hamlin ends up having to play his first defensive snaps since the heart attack
  • Denver drives into FG range but ends up taking a sack making it a 41 yard FG. Instead of going for it after Buffs took a timeout with 30 seconds to play, they try another play. Now with no timeouts, rushes the FG team onto the field. The kicker, unsettled, missed wide left. But wait! Penalty! Too many players on the field for Buffalo!
  • Kicker calmly boots a 36 yard FG to win the game and probably knock the Bills out of the playoffs. 5-5 two games behind Miami for the division and 1.5 games out of the wildcard with a very difficult schedule upcoming (Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Chargers, Patriots and Dolphins)
The Bills are almost the same team as last year but just can't keep from making a multitude of small mistakes that keep them losing despite superior talent.
The Bills look like a dead team walking. It's beginning to look like their best chance in this window, which looks like is closing very fast, was in 2021 when they lost a lead at KC with 13 seconds to go and then lost in ot. If they had won that game, they would've played the Bengals at home in the AFC Championship game and probably would've won and gone to the Super Bowl. It doesn't help that their "all world" qb is having a terrible season and playing recklessly, and their receivers struggle to catch.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13 and WaylonJ
Two missed PATs and a lot of drops on both sides. Poor play everywhere, nothing new in the NFL this year. If I'm Buf I run it all night till they can show they can stop me. Ugly game.

Reactions: Obliviax
I noticed it watching it live, honestly, on the holder's hand. Wasn't sure of the legality or what it was. I was watching Manning-cast and they don't miss much, but then again Peyton practically has a barrel and a cowboy hat on watching the Broncos so of course he isn't saying anything.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT