ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Franklin, Hire Malzahn

I detest the term. The only thing I have gained by frequenting here is the knowledge of how clueless most fans are about the game and there is a great deal of truth in what Pitt Fans call the arrogance O of many PSU Fans.
But it is entertaining and amusing.

Unfortunately we are stuck with a coach who was dumb enough to use the term and set the standard.

And even though we know the ‘94 team was elite, it wasn’t viewed as elite by those that counted. The program stopped being viewed as elite in the 80’s. Do you think if USC, Miami or any other of the teams that were viewed as elite in ‘94 had a team like PSU, they wouldn’t have been voted in as #1? Hell, they would have had all of the first place votes.

Really?

Unfortunately we are stuck with a coach who was dumb enough to use the term and set the standard.
Unfortunately we’re stuck with some fans who are dumb enough to think the standard is a place we’ve been for the last 30 years and not a place we need to strive to be.

How about one, just one, appearance in the playoffs? Is that too much to ask for?

How about winning seasons, with no losing seasons with no wins against teams with winning records?
Yes, you are.
[/QUOTE
This entire thread is the classic example of someone posting something so inflammatory that he knows it’s going to result in visceral responses and he’ll then have multiple opportunities To flex his keyboard muscles and shout his opinion from the rooftops. Some people just need to hear themselves talk.

Last edited:
This entire thread is a pe

This entire thread is the classic example of someone posting something so inflammatory that he knows it’s going to result in visceral responses and he’ll then have multiple opportunities To flex his keyboard muscles and shout his opinion from the rooftops. Some people just need to hear themselves talk.
And they’ll talk even if they sound retarded...it’s a shame.

tapemeasure.jpeg

Will this suffice or do we need a bigger one?

Elite coaches like this do not come available often.

Don't get caught in the trap of "records", they can be inflated playing bad OOC teams, or even downgraded a bit because of not fault of a team'S own but by just having to play (LSU, Alabama, Texas AM, in the west) and at least a cross over game again UGA or UF each year. Coaching in the SEC West is no joke. Franklin would be lost in that division.

The GOAL is to make the CFP Playoffs (not 9 or 10 wins) and he took his team to the title game once and they lost in the de facto "playoff play in game" against UGA 2 years back, so he has hit MUCH "Higher Highs" than Franklin.

Also dont forgot he was 90% of the brains behind their NC back when Newton was the QB, as Gene c. proved the following 2 years he was a clueless joke. Gus ran the show that year, any Auburn fan will tell you that. So put that feather in Gus's cap.

Just for sh*ts and giggles he coached 1 year at Central Arkansas , went 7-1 in their conference, WON the conference, and their bowl game. He has proven he can coach at any level, even High School if you look back he had a dominate program.

Just to put a cherry on this, Please name me how many active college heads BEAT Nick Saban's Alabama teams 3 (T-H-R-E-E) times. ??

3-Gus Malzahn, Les Miles 2-Hugh Freeze, Dabo Swinney 1-Mack Brown, David Cutcliffe, Kirk Ferentz, Ed Orgeron, Kevin Sumlin, Kyle Whittingham

Gus is the most under rated coach in the country. He is an Elite level coach.

Tell me after coaching in the SEC West, with the success he had, he could not go head to head with Day at OSU ?

Elite coaches do not get fired, either.

Reactions: marshall23
An elite offensive mind?

I decided to take a look since I admit I don’t care to watch Auburn much.

2020 - ranked 83 with 25.7. But he’s gotta be better than Franklin and PSU right. PSU ranked 77 despite a new OC, OLine coach, WR coach, and a pandemic with no practice

but...that’s gotta be an outlier. I hear he’s elite...

2019 - ranked 36 with 31.7. So definitely better than PSU right. Well I was wrong again, PSU ranked 31 with 32.2

So gotta be 2018 right?

2018 - Auburn ranked 61 at 28.2. I kept looking below 61 to find PSU but couldn’t find them. Then I scrolled higher and found that at 23 with 33.8 points per game.

My guess is 2017 is when this elite offensive mind shows through.

2017 - Auburn ranks 18 with 34.6 points per game. There it is! Probably blowing Franklin and PSU out of the water here. Wait...PSU was 6th that year at 41.1??

I give up. If Malzan is elite Franklin must be a pre-eminent offensive mind!

We call this dropping the mic!

Last 2 years at Auburn- Gus 15 wins

Last 2 years at Miss St- JoeMo 14 wins

Guess Joe is elite too

Football is historically copycat sport....team A wins a championship and soon teams B,C,D are using team A's systems. I have zero interest in firing CJF.....but I would like to see him follow the Saban blueprint of reclimating fired HC! Hire either Malzahn or Patrician to be OC consultant! Other posters have advocated the consultant role....time for CJF to bring new ideas to PSU!

Football is historically copycat sport....team A wins a championship and soon teams B,C,D are using team A's systems. I have zero interest in firing CJF.....but I would like to see him follow the Saban blueprint of reclimating fired HC! Hire either Malzahn or Patrician to be OC consultant! Other posters have advocated the consultant role....time for CJF to bring new ideas to PSU!

The proper spelling is Patricia and hiring him as an offensive consultant is probably not the greatest idea, not that it would happen or that he or Malzahn would ever come to PSU.

I detest the term. The only thing I have gained by frequenting here is the knowledge of how clueless most fans are about the game and there is a great deal of truth in what Pitt Fans call the arrogance of many PSU Fans.
But it is entertaining and amusing.
Living in Austin I often laugh at Texas fans and how delusional and disconnected from reality they can be. Then I come to threads like this and see that some of our own fans have the same delusions.

But not Auburn; their 9 wins included all somebodys ... like Samford.
Its really really easy to win 11 games in college football these days. But somehow our hero Gus has only managed to do it 1 time, and hasn't done it since 2013

Its really really easy to win 11 games in college football these days. But somehow our hero Gus has only managed to do it 1 time, and hasn't done it since 2013
while Gus may have done it only 1 time, it isnt that easy to win 11 games in the pros, college or HS, just saying. It takes a lot of work

Yes, really. He has a Coach of the year award as a head coach and as an assistant coach.

He has two conference titles as a head coach.

He has more wins against Saban in the last decade than ANYONE.

Franklin has been dependent upon assistants to produce offense for him. He is referred to as aCEO type for a reason.
He's probably played Alabama more than any other current coach. But Dabo is lurking....

How is the 'Malzahn is elite crowd' handling the reports that the frontrunner for the job is his DC, whose defenses have been terrible?

Is it just that Malzahn is so elite, that his eliteness rubbed off on Steele?

Reactions: PearlandLion
How is the 'Malzahn is elite crowd' handling the reports that the frontrunner for the job is his DC, whose defenses have been terrible?

Is it just that Malzahn is so elite, that his eliteness rubbed off on Steele?

Think that Auburn lost its appetite for buyouts. Understand that Steele's is about five and a quarter.

Steele's last and only HC gig didn't go so well. He was 9-36 (1-31 in conference) at Baylor.

Think that Auburn lost its appetite for buyouts. Understand that Steele's is about five and a quarter.

Steele's last and only HC gig didn't go so well. He was 9-36 (1-31 in conference) at Baylor.
That’s before he got to learn from Mr. Elite tho

Franklin only leaves on his terms. He raped PSU in contract negotiations. His payout is too big and he gets over $6 million this year in salary plus extras.

Franklins compensation is ridiculous-

1 B1G title in 7 years, as many conference titles as losing records

1 tOSU win in 7 years. Gus has beaten Saban 3 times in 10 coaching Bama’s kid brother.

Franklin has 11 win seasons built on wins over nobody’s. Something like 18 teams won 11 games in 2019. Franklin has a poor losing record against ranked teams.

I wish that USC, Texas, or Arizona would throw cash at Franklin and take him. I doubt they will. I would like to be proven wrong on that.
Time for you to find another team to root for.

Don't get caught in the trap of "records", they can be inflated playing bad OOC teams, or even downgraded a bit because of not fault of a team'S own but by just having to play (LSU, Alabama, Texas AM, in the west) and at least a cross over game again UGA or UF each year. Coaching in the SEC West is no joke. Franklin would be lost in that division.

The GOAL is to make the CFP Playoffs (not 9 or 10 wins) and he took his team to the title game once and they lost in the de facto "playoff play in game" against UGA 2 years back, so he has hit MUCH "Higher Highs" than Franklin.

Also dont forgot he was 90% of the brains behind their NC back when Newton was the QB, as Gene c. proved the following 2 years he was a clueless joke. Gus ran the show that year, any Auburn fan will tell you that. So put that feather in Gus's cap.

Just for sh*ts and giggles he coached 1 year at Central Arkansas , went 7-1 in their conference, WON the conference, and their bowl game. He has proven he can coach at any level, even High School if you look back he had a dominate program.

Just to put a cherry on this, Please name me how many active college heads BEAT Nick Saban's Alabama teams 3 (T-H-R-E-E) times. ??

3-Gus Malzahn, Les Miles 2-Hugh Freeze, Dabo Swinney 1-Mack Brown, David Cutcliffe, Kirk Ferentz, Ed Orgeron, Kevin Sumlin, Kyle Whittingham

Tell me after coaching in the SEC West, with the success he had, he could not go head to head with Day at OSU ?

I think he is an elite offensive co-ordinator or and top 15 coach but far from elite.in that skill set.

Well Mr Elite has finally landed a new job

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT