ADVERTISEMENT

Yurcich knew that he was going to be fired but Franklin still let him coach vs Michigan.

PSUWrestlingFanSince2011

Mar 22, 2022
Franklin probably told him that he would be fired at the end of the year but with that joke of a game that he called vs. Michigan including that insame 2 point conversion at the end, Franklin decided to let him go early.

Franklin probably told him that he would be fired at the end of the year but with that joke of a game that he called vs. Michigan including that insame 2 point conversion at the end, Franklin decided to let him go early.

If Franklin actually was dumb enough to tell a recruit that MY wasn't going to be back before he was fired....
He can't be that stupid.

What does Harbaugh have to do with anything?
I notice you ignore my "are you claiming you know Nate?" comment
As a matter of fact I do know Nate. What nobody knows is what the name of your freshman dorm was at Penn State.

That's because you never went to Penn State and you are a Michigan troll.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
I even GAVE you the damn dorm names from North halls to South halls to East halls to West halls and I gave you the god damn apartment names in every decade and you STILL can't produce proof or even offer a name 😂

I even GAVE you the damn dorm names from North halls to South halls to East halls to West halls and I gave you the god damn apartment names in every decade and you STILL can't produce proof or even offer a name 😂
I answered this and you or someone else still claimed I was lying and just used what was said here. I don't play your childish games like you "know Nate"--dying over that one.

Probably his best friend Nate
Our-Invisible-friend-211.jpg

Little Michigan men on the PSU board lol. Can't wait for The Buckeyes to break your hearts.
I'm 100% rooting for Ohio State though it has nothing to due with Michigan cheating. I think they have a better chance to win the title and the Big Ten winning would be ideal. Georgia's probably going to threepeat though

I'm 100% rooting for Ohio State though it has nothing to due with Michigan cheating. I think they have a better chance to win the title and the Big Ten winning would be ideal. Georgia's probably going to threepeat though
Dorm. Which one?

😂

Sounds like CJF is being honest with the kid. I have no problem with that. It's called "being ethical". Do you have a problem with that? Also, for those that claim MY was fired to make him a scapegoat for the Michigan loss, I guess that theory has now been debunked.

It’s a really bad look either way if it’s true.

Either he kept a lame duck OC around going into the biggest game of the year which is horrible just judgement.

Or he told a teenager about a personnel decision that hadn’t been communicated to the impacted individual yet.

It’d be like extending someone a job offer and saying “I know you interviewed to work for John, but we’re letting him go before your start date. He doesn’t know yet so keep it hush hush”

I like that CJF tried to be up front with the kid. He could have simply said "Kid, the staff you see will change by the time your career is over in 2029. But that is just like every other program. I just don't want you to expect everything to stay in place because that isn't real".

Either he kept a lame duck OC around going into the biggest game of the year which is horrible just judgement.

Or he told a teenager about a personnel decision that hadn’t been communicated to the impacted individual yet.

It’d be like extending someone a job offer and saying “I know you interviewed to work for John, but we’re letting him go before your start date. He doesn’t know yet so keep it hush hush”
I dont see it that way and im not sure being without your OC before your biggest game is helpful. I think he was extremely transparent, maybe too much so, but that the kind of honestly that candor appealed to the kid about the program and secured his commitment

Reactions: LMTLION and GSPMax
Or CFJ said something very general to the kid, something along the lines of there was going to be some changes to the staff, and after the MY firing the kid re-interpreted what was said to mean MY specifically.
Hopefully but that's not what the kid said...if that's accurate that's fine because that's almost always true. If he said MY won't be here that's a problem.

I dont see it that way and im not sure being without your OC before your biggest game is helpful. I think he was extremely transparent, maybe too much so, but that the kind of honestly that candor appealed to the kid about the program and secured his commitment

Unless its a family situation like Iowa, keeping a disgruntled employee that you've notified you're terminating in a key role is risky at best.

And if Yurcich didn't know, sharing the information is almost definitely an HR violation at the very least. I know it would be everywhere I've ever worked and managed people. The idea that being transparent to a recruit supersedes being transparent with Yurcich is ridiculous.

Next time you decide to fire someone, be sure to share it with your interns before you tell them and see how it goes.

Reactions: johnmpsu

I guess I'm missing where it says that Yurcich knew. Apparently Franklin hinted at it to a recruit but we're only assuming that MY knew too.

I guess I'm missing where it says that Yurcich knew. Apparently Franklin hinted at it to a recruit but we're only assuming that MY knew too.
yep... that is the kid's exact quote. "he kind of hinted to it..." CJF was trying to be up front with a kid who wanted to commit. He simply could have said "you know, the staff will change and the people who recruited you might not be here. But if you want to commit to the program and not a coach, we'd love to have you." Nothing wrong with that. In fact, great that he wants the kid to know what he's getting himself into.

Reactions: GSPMax

Which are exactly the reasons I seriously doubt it’s true. Many on here may not like Franklin or some of the in game decisions he makes, but the guy is not dumb. The most obvious answer is he said something general to the recruit and he took it differently after the firing. I know, that’s not as much fun for the Franklin haters.

Which are exactly the reasons I seriously doubt it’s true. Many on here may not like Franklin or some of the in game decisions he makes, but the guy is not dumb. The most obvious answer is he said something general to the recruit and he took it differently after the firing. I know, that’s not as much fun for the Franklin haters.
Totally agree. While I also question some of his game decisions, he seems to be a great guy and a great face of the program. Its hard to find many people that don't like him as a person. Compare him to the recent successful coaches in B1G football:
  • Tressel, fired for cheating
  • Meyer, fired for covering up alleged spousal abuse by a staff member
  • Harbaugh, is currently on suspension and will be suspended for at least five of this season's 12 games.

So Franklin may have already made his decision before the game and still had to stand there and watch that play calling train wreck? Oof.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Unless its a family situation like Iowa, keeping a disgruntled employee that you've notified you're terminating in a key role is risky at best.

And if Yurcich didn't know, sharing the information is almost definitely an HR violation at the very least. I know it would be everywhere I've ever worked and managed people. The idea that being transparent to a recruit supersedes being transparent with Yurcich is ridiculous.

Next time you decide to fire someone, be sure to share it with your interns before you tell them and see how it goes.
Yeah, thats reasonable, I just think there is a little gray here that we aren't privy to.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT