ADVERTISEMENT

Yurcich knew that he was going to be fired but Franklin still let him coach vs Michigan.

Sounds like CJF is being honest with the kid. I have no problem with that. It's called "being ethical". Do you have a problem with that? Also, for those that claim MY was fired to make him a scapegoat for the Michigan loss, I guess that theory has now been debunked.
Youre missing the point. My entire point is that Yurcich knew he was getting fired and was still allowed to coach the Michigan game. That is the problem that I have.

Youre missing the point. My entire point is that Yurcich knew he was getting fired and was still allowed to coach the Michigan game. That is the problem that I have.
Interesting. But where is the evidence that MY knew he was getting fired? All I see is that CJF waned the high school kid that there would be changes.

I like that CJF tried to be up front with the kid. He could have simply said "Kid, the staff you see will change by the time your career is over in 2029. But that is just like every other program. I just don't want you to expect everything to stay in place because that isn't real".
The quote says that he knew Yurcich specifically wont be there.

The quote says that he knew Yurcich specifically wont be there.
Well, no he doesn't. The direct quote is "He KIND OF told me that coach Yurcich wasn't gonna be there"

First, "kind of" means he hinted. "I'd be happy to have you commit but you know, Coach Yurcich and others may not be here for your career." Secondly, when? today, tomorrow, next year, sometime before the kid's eligibility would be up in 2029? And was he taking a HC job someplace, moving to the NFL, fed up with the life of a coach?

I submit that you are taking too literally the two-sentence response to a reporter's question.

Reactions: psuaxe70 and BOSCO2
Well, no he doesn't. The direct quote is "He KIND OF told me that coach Yurcich wasn't gonna be there"

First, "kind of" means he hinted. "I'd be happy to have you commit but you know, Coach Yurcich and others may not be here for your career." Secondly, when? today, tomorrow, next year, sometime before the kid's eligibility would be up in 2029? And was he taking a HC job someplace, moving to the NFL, fed up with the life of a coach?

I submit that you are taking too literally the two-sentence response to a reporter's question.
I guess we have a difference of opinion if you think thats ok.

Reactions: Obliviax

Yup. I have a lot of problems with CFJ. His record in big games being number one, but this doesn't pass the smell test.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Yup. I have a lot of problems with CFJ. His record in big games being number one, but come on this doesn't pass the smell test.
I am with you. The only problem I've ever seen with CJF is his football coaching. I would doubt that he'd tell a 17 year old kid that he was about to fire the OC. It is very possible that the reporter made the kid feel foolish for committing and just was trying to defend his ego.

Reactions: 91Joe95

He didn't know, this thread is silly. Not going to go into much, but this would never happen. Could of been visual cues he was on thin ice, but he would not of known. I mean, imagine PSU scored 45 on Michigan, you are going to fire him after that? Good luck explaining.

Reactions: Obliviax
Where in any of this does it say that Yurcich knew he was getting fired before the game? That’s a big stretch even for the most ardent Franklin haters.

**** that. This asshole has completely taken over this board and I am sick and tired of people defending his sorry ass by telling us to ignore him.
Ummmm....wasnt it just a few weeks ago that you were telling people to ignore Lando??

Where in any of this does it say that Yurcich knew he was getting fired before the game? That’s a big stretch even for the most ardent Franklin haters.
It's false, many people that get fired knew it was coming, true in most cases. Franklin may have been short with him, shot down something he would typically accept, been cold to him unusually, etc, etc. But he didn't have any real confirmation.

It’s a really bad look either way if it’s true.

Either he kept a lame duck OC around going into the biggest game of the year which is horrible just judgement.

Or he told a teenager about a personnel decision that hadn’t been communicated to the impacted individual yet.

It’d be like extending someone a job offer and saying “I know you interviewed to work for John, but we’re letting him go before your start date. He doesn’t know yet so keep it hush hush”
Stranger things have happened. Many years ago I interviewed for a part time job with the fellow that was the supervisor. I was hired and my first day at work I was called into the general manager’s office and told to fire the guy that hired me as I was being given his job. Thinking that I was next (as opposed to some moral indignation) I said no thanks and left.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Stranger things have happened. Many years ago I interviewed for a part time job with the fellow that was the supervisor. I was hired and my first day at work I was called into the general manager’s office and told to fire the guy that hired me as I was being given his job. Thinking that I was next (as opposed to some moral indignation) I said no thanks and left.

But you were hired before they communicated any of that with you. Bizarre though.

I saw a lot of that in the dot com bust days. Not saying it was you, but higher a cheaper person to do the same as the old person. Great friend worked at Micro Strategies in northern VA, spent months going around the country firing people during the bust, then got home and got fired. It's brutal out there!

I had a similar situation. I was hired by the owner of a small firm. My first day there, I realized I didn't like him very much, so I fired him. The look on his face while he was packing up his office was priceless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT