ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari commits to Iowa

The 3 brothers will need to come up with signature walk out songs. Anthony's is clearly "Brown-Eyed Girl". A.J.? I would think "Satisfaction" might work. Gotta change the verse "Driving in my car and the man comes on the radio" to Speeding in my ride on the wrong side of the road" Might also have to change the spelling of the word "comes". Probably going to Hell for that one :). Angelo's? How about George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" to start with. Probably have to change it more than once. Your turn........wait......that didn't come out right........wait....that didn't either......OOHH.....F#ck it.....wait.....that's what Mastro did.......I'm finished......wait.........court case.......where is Lamb Chop .:) :) :)

• Haha
Reactions: lionlover
The 3 brothers will need to come up with signature walk out songs. Anthony's is clearly "Brown-Eyed Girl". A.J.? I would think "Satisfaction" might work. Gotta change the verse "Driving in my car and the man comes on the radio" to Speeding in my ride on the wrong side of the road" Might also have to change the spelling of the word "comes". Probably going to Hell for that one :). Angelo's? How about George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" to start with. Probably have to change it more than once. Your turn........wait......that didn't come out right........wait....that didn't either......OOHH.....F#ck it.....wait.....that's what Mastro did.......I'm finished......wait.........court case.......where is Lamb Chop .:) :) :)
AJ:

Great news!

I’m wondering how many schools were recruiting multiple Ferrari’s. A former teammate of mine who coaches at a Big Ten school told me Angelo was the only one they were recruiting, and would take. Supposedly the same for VT. I don’t think he had many options where he can be teammates with his brothers.

Great news!

I’m wondering how many schools were recruiting multiple Ferrari’s. A former teammate of mine who coaches at a Big Ten school told me Angelo was the only one they were recruiting, and would take. Supposedly the same for VT. I don’t think he had many options where he can be teammates with his brothers.
Exactly. I don't think the two brothers going to separate schools was ever a serious possibility.

I also don't think AJ's charges will go to trial. He could be in Black and Yellow by New years if not Thanksgiving.

Think about this. AJ clears his hurdles with charges dropped or even a slap on the wrist plea bargain. He comes to Brands and says he wants to wrestle. Maybe a couple month suspension is in play. Do you see any chance in hell Brands says no to AJ? Not with the rest of the family staring him down.

I see only 2 possibilities keeping AJ off that team.

1). AJ himself chooses to move on and eye MMA or Freestyle.
2). It goes to trial and he is found guilty of a significant offense.

I don't put a lot of weight in #2.

Diana Prince Popcorn GIF

Exactly. I don't think the two brothers going to separate schools was ever a serious possibility.

I also don't think AJ's charges will go to trial. He could be in Black and Yellow by New years if not Thanksgiving.

Think about this. AJ clears his hurdles with charges dropped or even a slap on the wrist plea bargain. He comes to Brands and says he wants to wrestle. Maybe a couple month suspension is in play. Do you see any chance in hell Brands says no to AJ? Not with the rest of the family staring him down.

The school has to admit him. He's got a list of instances does he not? I think the MMA option seems the most probable. but who knows.

Reactions: lionlover

I’ll be very very surprised if it goes to trial. I’m guessing the victim ends up with a nice lump sum of money. Instead of NIL money, Bob can pay off the victim.

Brands won’t say no, he’s desperate and already in bed with two of them. The school saying no is very possible though. We also have lots of time for more trouble to happen with the brothers. School hasn’t even started for them at Iowa, and we already have one of them showing his ass, literally. The ride has just begun, buckle up…

Still a few problems with this alleged Ferrari package deal saving Iowa.
1. HR reports Anthony got rejected by Iowa initially and has quite a bit of schoolwork to catchup on. It shows either he didn't graduate from high school (did he ever enroll at Oklahoma State) and that Iowa academics overall aren't being super cooperative.
2. AJ has trial (which the family requested since they don't have any favorable plea) against a very motivated DA (in a jurisdiction that clearly hates AJ now) who has slam dunk evidence (DNA and immediate police report) Even with a acquittal, he might not get into school. Any kind of plea likely DQs him.
3. Angelo, the supposed good kid, is showing signs of going down a similar path as older brothers. Don't forget, AJ's path started when he became a celebrity essentially at Oklahoma State. He clearly did this hat thing for clout. He's moving to Iowa City and probably will start spending time on a college campus as an 18 year old.

This more or less done for months now (everyone figured it was the case since Anthony committed that the brothers were a package) but Iowa fans are celebrating it being official since it's been a terrible offseason overall for them. They still have the gambling punishment and allegedly a few wrestlers (and their families) weren't on board with this move and are just putting on a good front and giving it a chance. They have already lost Chittum.
They are celebrating the circus being in town. They just successfully recruited a kid who will give them a couple AAs and most likely will never stand in the circle on Saturday night. Something much less than Marinelli.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Could this offseason get any better?!?!?

this may be the end of the TnT tenure in IC. Thank goodness, its cheap to live in Iowa and TnT got huge bags in recent contract extensions.

Its only a matter of time until Lord Spencer takes out TnT and takes his rightful place at the top.

this may be the end of the TnT tenure in IC. Thank goodness, its cheap to live in Iowa and TnT got huge bags in recent contract extensions.

Its only a matter of time until Lord Spencer takes out TnT and takes his rightful place at the top.
If you rent, it's getting more expensive there with every commit.

As a life long Cyclone who has picked up PSU as a second team to cheer for I couldn't be any happier having that family front and center in Iowa Shitty. This makes surpassing them seem a lot more doable. It should really hamper recruiting these next couple of years. "Come join the Hawkeyes and join our gang. " I thought rather telling when the young man referred to the team as a gang. He didn't try and hide the master plan.

With all this drama why would you want TNT gone…..I hope they stay there forever…..they are no threat…..but they are cheap entertainment

With all this drama why would you want TNT gone…..I hope they stay there forever…..they are no threat…..but they are cheap entertainment
I agree. I would be much more worried that Iowa replaces TnT with DT, or Casey, than TNT remaining on. As Dennis Green said, TnT are who we think they are. They are not going to change. Their best will never be good enough to catch PSU. It would take sacks of Bob's money and he loves TnT too much so not likely to happen in that way

Last edited:
Still a few problems with this alleged Ferrari package deal saving Iowa.
1. HR reports Anthony got rejected by Iowa initially and has quite a bit of schoolwork to catchup on. It shows either he didn't graduate from high school (did he ever enroll at Oklahoma State) and that Iowa academics overall aren't being super cooperative.
2. AJ has trial (which the family requested since they don't have any favorable plea) against a very motivated DA (in a jurisdiction that clearly hates AJ now) who has slam dunk evidence (DNA and immediate police report) Even with a acquittal, he might not get into school. Any kind of plea likely DQs him.
3. Angelo, the supposed good kid, is showing signs of going down a similar path as older brothers. Don't forget, AJ's path started when he became a celebrity essentially at Oklahoma State. He clearly did this hat thing for clout. He's moving to Iowa City and probably will start spending time on a college campus as an 18 year old.

This more or less done for months now (everyone figured it was the case since Anthony committed that the brothers were a package) but Iowa fans are celebrating it being official since it's been a terrible offseason overall for them. They still have the gambling punishment and allegedly a few wrestlers (and their families) weren't on board with this move and are just putting on a good front and giving it a chance. They have already lost Chittum.
We usually see eye to eye on most things, but good lord is that a stretch and unfair to Angelo. The fake hat commitment is a gag that's been around for decades. College football recruits do it all the time. Let the 18 year old be goofy.

Also not correct to say AJ's path started when he became a celebrity at OSU. He and Anthony got kicked out of 2 high schools for disciplinary reasons. They were rotten eggs before they were famous.

Angelo has zero public disciplinary issues. Could he be an issue like his brothers? Sure, that family is insane. Not fair to convict him yet though.

You know who is consistently disrespectful on social media? Carter Starocci. Doesn't mean he's a troublemaker.

Anybody interested in talking about his wrestling ability? Or just the future crimes he hasn't committed yet?

Who does he match up with after Brooks is gone at 184? Looks like it will be Gabe Arnold at 174 for Iowa
Josh Barr or Zack Ryder? Hard to keep all the elite recruits straight lol. Either way that's fun.

Anybody interested in talking about his wrestling ability? Or just the future crimes he hasn't committed yet?

Who does he match up with after Brooks is gone at 184? Looks like it will be Gabe Arnold at 174 for Iowa

I believe it will be either Zack Ryder and Josh Barr manning 174/184. Not sure who will go where.

Ryder is in the same class as Anthony and will be spending his senior year at NLWC/M2. He's very, very good.

Josh Barr will be a FR at Penn State this year. Less high on him; see a lot of Facundo's tendencies there. They were HS/club teammates and best friends, so that makes sense.

Reactions: WildTurk
We usually see eye to eye on most things, but good lord is that a stretch and unfair to Angelo. The fake hat commitment is a gag that's been around for decades. College football recruits do it all the time. Let the 18 year old be goofy.

Also not correct to say AJ's path started when he became a celebrity at OSU. He and Anthony got kicked out of 2 high schools for disciplinary reasons. They were rotten eggs before they were famous.

Angelo has zero public disciplinary issues. Could he be an issue like his brothers? Sure, that family is insane. Not fair to convict him yet though.

You know who is consistently disrespectful on social media? Carter Starocci. Doesn't mean he's a troublemaker.
I’m being unfair here you’re right but I said it’s more a sign Angelo is slowly enjoying the attention of being a star, which is fine but it could lead to the wrong path. I’m not trying to imply he will commit a crime so that was definitely wrong on my end but I’m not sure he’s the angel some has made him out to be at this point. I thought he would be the drop an edit and thank you note to the schools who recruited him kind of kid. As of last night, he became a superstar at Iowa one year before he even starts school for that gag and he’ll be at the campus.

I truthfully think AJ was doing okay in HS. IIRC, Cael openly pursued him (he was invited to an OV and has multiple pictures with Cael there) so I can’t imagine there was a ton of red flags from HS. Maybe immaturity but not anything super bad. I think Anthony was the one getting them kicked out constantly. AJ’s recklessness started in college when he was a star IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT