ADVERTISEMENT

Does Tom Brands make his wrestlers better?

It's really not that big of a deal to say who. Is it?

I'll do you one better. Here is a picture.

retired-older-adult-man-thug-260nw-1971996923.jpg

It's really not that big of a deal to say who. Is it?
I think your best bet is asking over on HIA/HR (it'll always be HR to me). They have a number of people regularly touting their own direct knowledge of any manner of PSU-related shenanigans. They have an active conversation on the subject right now (it is March, after all). I can't imagine it would be difficult to steer the conversation towards their evil financier.

I'm sure they have the answers you seek.

What is the name/names of the main money backers for PSU? Just curious

Speaker of backers, how are the large Iowa donors that contributed $30 million+ for the new facility coping with Iowa's performance?

I still can't believe Iowa didn't use half of the money for a facility, and the other half for the club, coaches, athletes, etc.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Speaker of backers, how are the large Iowa donors that contributed $30 million+ for the new facility coping with Iowa's performance?

I still can't believe Iowa didn't use half of the money for a facility, and the other half for the club, coaches, athletes, etc.
Answering questions with questions. I've had 10 responses of nothing. I'm just curious to know who the big money backer is. That's all

I didn't see what went down with the mods. I was specifically speaking regarding our posters.
Just kidding, really. Perhaps a few of my comebacks to bio were petty, though I never found them offensive. A little irritated at first being censored, but I'm over it. He's clearly just a kid passionate about his Lions . . . with good reason.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Maybe because they don’t go on wrestling forums to tell “ski lodge jokes”, call other teams cheaters, and talk about how tough they are. If they craved attention they might do things like that
i LoVe A sTrEeT fIgHt!!!!! So says the guy who - checks notes - ran cross country in college. Yeah, those guys are renowned to be big, tough guys🙄

Worse yet - he’s one of these tough guy businessmen who compare business to war or fighting. Sorry, Bob, syndicating a loan portfolio at great rates after long negotiations is not akin to storming Omaha Beach

Answering questions with questions. I've had 10 responses of nothing. I'm just curious to know who the big money backer is. That's all
I gave you an answer about 50 posts back. Wasn't that enough info to satisfy your curiosity?

Your analogy means that humans are no more developed than a common house cat? It is not unrealistic to have expectations for others to act with decorum and respect. It is unrealistic to expect perfection in that regard. We can only control our own behavior. We should want to be the best fanbase in the country and that involves holding ourselves to a high standard and calling out those who don't maintain that standard.

Also your expectation of people responding to combative language because its a message board is what has developed to be the norm not what should be expected to be the norm therefore we should always try to change for the better.
And yet here we are debating house cats. For suck sakes can they wrestle already you-all need some hobbies

Just kidding, really. Perhaps a few of my comebacks to bio were petty, though I never found them offensive. A little irritated at first being censored, but I'm over it. He's clearly just a kid passionate about his Lions . . . with good reason.
I'm not going to pretend to know what went down there--but one thing you may not know is that some posters on this site disingenuously post wild, out-of-pocket takes to try and rile up people and make the discourse less civil, and generally way off topic. We're talking years of effort. Sometimes, those posters get banned, but come back with a new screen name, or two, every few months. It is possible the mods, privy to more history than you'd likely know, were trying to nip that situation in the bud.

i LoVe A sTrEeT fIgHt!!!!! So says the guy who - checks notes - ran cross country in college. Yeah, those guys are renowned to be big, tough guys🙄

Worse yet - he’s one of these tough guy businessmen who compare business to war or fighting. Sorry, Bob, syndicating a loan portfolio at great rates after long negotiations is not akin to storming Omaha Beach
I survived the battle of Hue but that pales in comparison to the hell those guys went thru. I couldnt even begin to fathom that. Definitely the greatest generation

Screw it. I will tell you want you want to hear, why you want to hear it, and follow it up w a bunch more that you will ignore cuz it doesn’t fit the nonsense conspiracies from GIA that have saved you guys from facing the truth that Cael has honestly and legitimately lapped the field despite your scoff and disdain and excuses every step of the way.

I am sure I will regret this.

Ira Lubert was the main backer behind hiring Cael. Wealthy real estate guy and business guy. Made sure PSU had the money to hire Cael and staff when the budget was a bit short. Documented in the Athletic by Audrey Snyder.

Lubert isn’t alone … there are many many significant donors. I have given about $50,000. The organization of the PSWC and NLWC is unbelievably efficient and fundraising is significant. Obviously success helps tremendously.

Lubert also had ties to The Second Mile, Sandusky’s charity. As did dozens of prominent business people and politicians across PA. US Steel, CEOs of Fortune 500 banks and Pharma companies, the PA Dept of Children Services who helped fund it, etc etc etc. Lubert (and none of the others, including the 50 full time child welfare employees of The 2nd Mile ) were ever charged w any kind of wrongdoing. That’s probably what you are searching for..,,

That said, because of the Sandusky scandal, Cael was subjected to a full time NCAA appointed compliance monitor in his first couple of years, as was the entire PSU athletic program. Literally had the NCAA looking over their shoulder with mandated transparency.

Further, PSU and the Paterno estate had ongoing (separate) lawsuits against the NCAA for years after the scandal.

Yet GIA pretends Cael was able to cheat? That he was able to leverage a less strict compliance department in that environment? That the NCAA was going to ignore any violations after mandating a compliance officer spend years doing nothing but looking for stuff to ding PSU for? That w existing lawsuits they wouldn’t look for more evidence of PSU malfeasance? Laughable.

The idea is ludicrous.

And it and the dozens of other excuses…

- it’s just recruiting
- the “fun” attitude is silly
- the refs are in Cael’s pocket
- it’s just (DT and Ruth… Bo and Nolf… )
- the 3 inch bunder
- the religious beliefs are misguided
- the “tampering” (lol Cal Baptist has a better argument than Iowa)
- etc etc etc

… just stop Iowa from introspection and learning. And as a result Iowa might be being bipassed.

I hope you got what you wanted.

I survived the battle of Hue but that pales in comparison to the hell those guys went thru. I couldnt even begin to fathom that. Definitely the greatest generation
I never served, but visited Normandy. Looking up at the bluffs above Omaha Beach at low tide and seeing the remaining pillboxes and thinking - they had 150 yards of no cover to get to some sort of protection under those bluffs. Yikes.

I'm not going to pretend to know what went down there--but one thing you may not know is that some posters on this site disingenuously post wild, out-of-pocket takes to try and rile up people and make the discourse less civil, and generally way off topic. We're talking years of effort. Sometimes, those posters get banned, but come back with a new screen name, or two, every few months. It is possible the mods, privy to more history than you'd likely know, were trying to nip that situation in the bud.
Could be. Biomed seems to stray from rationality at times, maybe just to rile, like you say. He definitely hooked this fish when he called defenseless Hannah a b**ch, which I didn’t care for. His friendly mod protected him by deleting what I thought were reasonable replies, but maybe they weren’t. I don’t think he’s purposely instigating, just immature, but I’m often wrong. No biggie, though. The excitement’s upon us, and what someone posted elsewhere hit home. For me, even at 65, this week is the closest I feel to being a kid counting hours to Christmas.
Doesn’t hurt that Lion fans get the BEST presents!

Screw it. I will tell you want you want to hear, why you want to hear it, and follow it up w a bunch more that you will ignore cuz it doesn’t fit the nonsense conspiracies from GIA that have saved you guys from facing the truth that Cael has honestly and legitimately lapped the field despite your scoff and disdain and excuses every step of the way.

Ira Lubert was the main backer behind hiring Cael. Wealthy real estate guy and business guy. Made sure PSU had the money to hire Cael and staff when the budget was a bit short. Documented in the Athletic by Audrey Snyder.

Lubert isn’t alone … there are many many significant donors. I have given about $50,000. The organization of the PSWC and NLWC is unbelievably efficient and fundraising is significant. Obviously success helps tremendously.

Lubert also had ties to The Second Mile, Sandusky’s charity. As did dozens of prominent business people and politicians across PA. US Steel, CEOs of Fortune 500 banks and Pharma companies, the PA Dept of Children Services who helped fund it, etc etc etc. Lubert (and none of the others, including the 50 full time child welfare employees of The 2nd Mile ) were ever charged w any kind of wrongdoing. That’s probably what you are searching for..,,

That said, because of the Sandusky scandal, Cael was subjected to a full time NCAA appointed compliance monitor in his first couple of years, as was the entire PSU athletic program. Literally had the NCAA looking over their shoulder with mandated transparency.

Further, PSU and the Paterno estate had ongoing (separate) lawsuits against the NCAA for years after the scandal.

Yet GIA pretends Cael was able to cheat? That he was able to leverage a less strict compliance department in that environment? That the NCAA was going to ignore any violations after mandating a compliance officer spend years doing nothing but looking for stuff to ding PSU for? That w existing lawsuits they wouldn’t look for more evidence of PSU malfeasance? Laughable.

The idea is ludicrous.

- it’s just recruiting
- the 3 inch bunder
- etc etc etc

… just stop Iowa from introspection and learning. And as a result Iowa might be being bipassed.

Ok I feel informed now.

Aaaaaand this has to do with Iowa falling behind…… how?

The idea is ludicrous.

- it’s just recruiting
- the 3 inch bunder
- etc etc etc

Thanks for the Information! I was genuinely just curious.

Ask Turk, he asked about 5 times…
I mean, THAT is what he was getting at?

Again, ok, but we had the Sandusky morality/connective tissue thing around here 12 years ago. Feels like kind of a distraction from the discussion of the Brands being any good at all anymore.

If the argument is “well you buy wrestlers too”… ok?

I mean, THAT is what he was getting at?

Again, ok, but we had the Sandusky morality/connective tissue thing around here 12 years ago. Feels like kind of a distraction from the discussion of the Brands being any good at all anymore.

If the argument is “well you buy wrestlers too”… ok?
I wasn't getting at anything. I didn't know who it was. Now i do. And so do others here that didn't know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT