ADVERTISEMENT

What was the DOJ doing in Iowa? -Tom Brands

He knows for a fact the paid iowa haters are everywhere. The paid haters come from all walks of life. The unemployed guy not claiming his hater earnings to the people working at the IMF and Interpol. It’s an international conspiracy. When international isn’t enough, the people funding the haters will go galactic in search of haters

Obviously working on stalling tactics for their policies with difficult defendants.

He knows for a fact the paid iowa haters are everywhere. The paid haters come from all walks of life. The unemployed guy not claiming his hater earnings to the people working at the IMF and Interpol. It’s an international conspiracy. When international isn’t enough, the people funding the haters will go galactic in search of haters
This sounds like a job for @johnstownsteel

He's completely unhinged. He's claiming that he won't even be able to run a stop sign now (running a stop sign is against the law btw)

Tom Brands: I'm not absolving them from responsibility or accountability (he's just saying they shouldn't be held responsible or accountable because everybody else does it too)

Also, how nuts is it that Tom is considered the sane one?

Last edited:
One In A Million Love GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

He keeps running his mouth like this, I think it will help facilitate his departure sooner rather than later. Thats a bad look for the University....

Btw, anyone else think slumlord Bob was told by someone higher up in the athletic department at Iowa to quit posting on HR and shut his trap? I do...
Slumlord laughably proclaiming that i LiKe A sTrEeT fIgHt!!!!

Always amusing when business leaders use war/fight talk. Ok, calm down Chesty Puller. Cramming down unfair lease contracts onto struggling single moms is hardly the same as getting off landing craft on Peleliu.

Slumlord laughably proclaiming that i LiKe A sTrEeT fIgHt!!!!

Always amusing when business leaders use war/fight talk. Ok, calm down Chesty Puller. Cramming down unfair lease contracts onto struggling single moms is hardly the same as getting off landing craft on Peleliu.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ja1339
I think the Ferarris will fit in perfectly...
What drives me nuts with them is there is zero accountability for things they've done.
What would Cael have said if his guys got in trouble for this?? My guess is he would say they knew the rules..

I mean, he's right that the media aren't asking the right questions to the right people. They were interviewing him after all. LOL.

He is confused a bit but his overall point is pretty simple. Why were Iowa and ISU targeted but not UNI, Drake, or anyone else? Why were only specific sports targeted? The whole thing seems a little odd and there may have been some activities that should have required warrants when no warrants were issued. Brands isn't alone in thinking there were some motives here that were not disclosed through proper channels. Multiple legal experts are questioning what exactly happened as well. Was the law applied equally? Was surveillance used that is only allowed when a warrant exists? Why were only men named in this investigation? I believe young men are far more likely to be doing this stuff than young women, but does this allow authorities to only check for male athletes?

Although he can be entertaining to watch, every time that Quisling Brands opens his mouth, I thank God once again we have Cael.

Tom really does had no friggin idea whatsoever the significance of the positions he takes, none.

He is easily provoked, and critical elements of leadership, responsibility and integrity escape him, for the obvious popular culture knee jerk reaction.

I have zero doubt, that T&T do not have the control they think they have in that program partially due to the beliefs they hold and the example they set. We are seeing the beginnings of a self-imposed falling from grace that may eventually cost the two of them their jobs. My prediction, 2-5 years of the Ferraris on a long leash does not end well for tweedle Dee and tweedle Dumb ass.

The saddest part of it is; between the two of the brother coaches that represent that university every time they speak in public, Tom is the more rational by far, yet he is absolutely clueless. Forgive them Lord for they know not what they do.

What drives me nuts with them is there is zero accountability for things they've done.
What would Cael have said if his guys got in trouble for this?? My guess is he would say they knew the rules..
Glass houses. I love and respect Cael, but he is not without sin. Andrew Long was under very well deserved punishment from ISU when Cael absolutely allowed him to escape punishment by transferring to PSU. We all make mistakes and that was a huge mistake. I understand the larger point that Brands is a nut job and Cael is not, but Tom taking the ford focus is similar in multiple ways and will end equally bad imo.

I will amend my earlier statement.

On the positive side to be fair, Tom Brands has:

- Incredible accomplishments on the mat
- An intensity, commitment and motivation second to few
- He oozes passion
- He is oddly likeable
- His results as a coach are better than all but a few
- Possesses a love for this sport that is nearly unequaled

It's just that nagging deficiency

Maybe he spends too much time in the corn field?

Last edited:
Agree 100% with Googles but I think he has a brain but it just shuts off sometimes..
A buddy of mines kid is like that, a normal and good kid until he's around 1 friend and both their brains completely shut off..

Can you score 7? (prior to 3 pt take down).
tom-brands-d27f2b15-1427-463e-8d41-0192e1366a5-resize-750.jpg
BeastieBoysIntergalacticSingle.jpg

Glass houses. I love and respect Cael, but he is not without sin. Andrew Long was under very well deserved punishment from ISU when Cael absolutely allowed him to escape punishment by transferring to PSU. We all make mistakes and that was a huge mistake. I understand the larger point that Brands is a nut job and Cael is not, but Tom taking the ford focus is similar in multiple ways and will end equally bad imo.
That was like a decade ago. Maybe Cael realized that was not the right move and learned from it.

In case any of your GIA brethern are lurking about, please don't forget the chair he threw that time.

I guess little tommy didn't tell them not to brag about all their winnings to everyone on campus!time to pay the piper!

He is confused a bit but his overall point is pretty simple. Why were Iowa and ISU targeted but not UNI, Drake, or anyone else? Why were only specific sports targeted? The whole thing seems a little odd and there may have been some activities that should have required warrants when no warrants were issued. Brands isn't alone in thinking there were some motives here that were not disclosed through proper channels. Multiple legal experts are questioning what exactly happened as well. Was the law applied equally? Was surveillance used that is only allowed when a warrant exists? Why were only men named in this investigation? I believe young men are far more likely to be doing this stuff than young women, but does this allow authorities to only check for male athletes?
Whether or not this is true, there's no way for a coach to say this without coming across as whining and excusing. Brands should let others carry out the public fight.

It's interesting to watch how the different coaches respond to the pressure of winning.

Sanderson vs Brands
Franklin vs Harbaugh

It's real easy to do things the right way when you are winning. Cael has that luxury now, but he still had to do the work to get to this point. You can debate whether Franklin has thrown his assistants under the bus, but he does seem to run his teams the right way despite his record in big games. I'd reluctantly take 10-2 and a clean program every year if the alternative is being Michigan. For Harbaugh and Brands, I guess it's a little too easy to do things the wrong way when you are desperate to win.

When a coach responds this way to his other wrestlers breaking the rules, it just makes it that much more likely that the Ferraris will leave the straight and narrow. And I don't believe for one second that the Ferraris are on the team because the Brands care about them. I remember an ESPN documentary years ago that showed Tom after one of his wrestlers lost. Tom said something like "I don't feel sorry for him at all" as his wrestler was crying right next to him.

It's all about winning for the Brands bros. Watching the Ferrari's over the next few years will probably be a slow moving train wreck.

Reactions: Wilco43
It's interesting to watch how the different coaches respond to the pressure of winning.

Sanderson vs Brands
Franklin vs Harbaugh

It's real easy to do things the right way when you are winning. Cael has that luxury now, but he still had to do the work to get to this point. You can debate whether Franklin has thrown his assistants under the bus, but he does seem to run his teams the right way despite his record in big games. I'd reluctantly take 10-2 and a clean program every year if the alternative is being Michigan. For Harbaugh and Brands, I guess it's a little too easy to do things the wrong way when you are desperate to win.

When a coach responds this way to his other wrestlers breaking the rules, it just makes it that much more likely that the Ferraris will leave the straight and narrow. And I don't believe for one second that the Ferraris are on the team because the Brands care about them. I remember an ESPN documentary years ago that showed Tom after one of his wrestlers lost. Tom said something like "I don't feel sorry for him at all" as his wrestler was crying right next to him.

It's all about winning for the Brands bros. Watching the Ferrari's over the next few years will probably be a slow moving train wreck.
I got -110 that Terry gets in a fist fight with at least one Ferrari

Reactions: danoftw
In case any of your GIA brethern are lurking about, please don't forget the chair he threw that time.
They’ve been dining out on that tidbit for years - it’s used to excuse the roughly 857 equivalent or greater outbursts by Heat Miser and his brother.

What had there been more of:

football national championships Pitt claims since the end of the Punic Wars or Brands’ temper tantrums?

I'm otherwise too busy at the moment to find out myself but maybe someone more up to speed can tell me whether Brands is correct when he says the DOJ was involved, or whether this is Brands not understanding the difference between federal and state law enforcement.

My guess is the latter, of course, because my understanding of the case is that the investigation originates from the Iowa AG's office, and I can't imagine why/how the DOJ would/could impose itself here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT