ADVERTISEMENT

Does Tom Brands make his wrestlers better?

What is the name/names of the main money backers for PSU? Just curious
Do those that engage in message board arguments of opposing fans realize they are arguing with the exception and not the rule? Moat fanbases could care less about these petty arguments that you guys engage in and in fact you come across poorly. And the silly attitude where you don't have to care about what other people think just further demonstrates your ignorance. I know I responded to Wildturk but this goes both ways to include PSU guys on GIA or any other board. Why not focus on strategy, positive comments when warranted (of course removing your fan colored glasses) and stick to facts. Name calling even in jest comes across of lack of intelligent content. I root against Iowa at any cost but still respect their team and fans because they are overwhelmingly good people and I don't dwell on the exceptions.

PS: You can also scroll past without comment, it shows maturity and self-confidence. PSU fans have the trump card of the scoreboard in any debate.

Do those that engage in message board arguments of opposing fans realize they are arguing with the exception and not the rule? Moat fanbases could care less about these petty arguments that you guys engage in and in fact you come across poorly. And the silly attitude where you don't have to care about what other people think just further demonstrates your ignorance. I know I responded to Wildturk but this goes both ways to include PSU guys on GIA or any other board. Why not focus on strategy, positive comments when warranted (of course removing your fan colored glasses) and stick to facts. Name calling even in jest comes across of lack of intelligent content. I root against Iowa at any cost but still respect their team and fans because they are overwhelmingly good people and I don't dwell on the exceptions.

PS: You can also scroll past without comment, it shows maturity and self-confidence. PSU fans have the trump card of the scoreboard in any debate.
I didn't realize there were Moat fans! Are there competitions? How are they scored?
Peek Gluren GIF by Praat mar Frysk

Because it's fun? 🤷‍♂️

ACUHawk on GIA has it ALL figured out!

"The 9 years prior was poor and largely a result of the #1 class not panning out. And maybe there wasn't a quick enough response thinking everything was fine after winning 3 in a row. EDITED: So I would agree it wasn't at the level we want. And every response is meant with all due respect.

The last 2 years I previously addressed. Tom's next step was to secure a state of the Art practice facility. Cost doubled. Time line took years longer. Raising over 30 MILLION dollars is very difficult.
Do you disagree that the last 2 years were immensely affected by the Covid BS due to the enormous increase in facility cost and delay in completion? That affects the focus timeline to be all in on recruiting.

Just read a post by VHS alum that Tom is never at any events. Other posters immediately respond as "unacceptable" and "doesn't suprise me" etc. Tom was at an event not long ago while the other coaches ran practice. Posters need to realize just because some guy posts it on here doesn't mean it's true.

Just so you know where I stand. My hope or expectations are to be truly competitive with PSU 1-2 years every 5 year recruiting cycle. With the caveat that shit does happen. Look at the gambling this year that cost us a almost shoe in 2nd place. (not our goal but example of things to consider when judging a cycle). I acknowledge the train psu has going there. Tom got an amazing facility built. His successor is going to be walking into an amazing situation. Tom can now focus on landing more high end recruits. I think you will see over the next few years more guys on top of the podium.

I will say Penn State flat out cheated many years which gets glossed over. I have had direct conversations with athletes involved. The NCAA looked the other way. It's 100% factual and it often gets shoved away when the natives are riled up. Carl tampered with our roster 3 times that I personally know of. Their compliance also had a different set of rules than our regarding camp payments. Those are not small factors when wondering why we are behind.

They're the only coaches in the country to do it more than once and I feel are still the only ones to have a chance at derailing that train. We can respectfully disagree.

You haven't been around for so many years that I can't take his seriously. No disrespect intended. They've also brought home more hardware than any other staff besides PSU. They must be doing a lot right.

These changes have been well received by the athletes. Diets are changing. Smarter practices. Of course you can't make a kid eat what's suggested but it's been very high compliance as far as I know.

I don't think it comes across as hypocritical at all. Every coach in the country preaches clean living. Brands preaches moderation. Like any coach, he would rather the guys not party. Every single team goes through what you are describing. Every coach in the country is a hypocrite if that's the bar you're setting."

ACUHawk doubled down on his baseless cheating claims and added in that Cael's best friend is a child molester.

"I'm not going to get into great deal. I hesitated posting it because it's old news now, and no repercussions are going to happen. It was only relevant because of the timeline in our conversation. I don't consider the camp money cheating. That was him taking advantage of a much more lenient compliance department. I don't believe it's my place to mention the athletes tampered with. But tampering wasn't the only thing, but I'm not posting on here. I wouldn't have a problem discussing it in person. None of it matters now. It's a free for all and it was only brought up to paint the picture of how I feel the momentum changed and what every other school across the country is up against. Also remember what Carl did with Andrew Long. He was willing to do anything it took to win. Now he doesn't have to take those risks due to the momentum they have. Even his child molesting best friend/donor gets very little discussion when it would be national news at Iowa. Iowa is under the microscope for every thing they do. Which is another hurdle that comes with the territory."

ACUHawk doubled down on his baseless cheating claims and added in that Cael's best friend is a child molester.

"I'm not going to get into great deal. I hesitated posting it because it's old news now, and no repercussions are going to happen. It was only relevant because of the timeline in our conversation. I don't consider the camp money cheating. That was him taking advantage of a much more lenient compliance department. I don't believe it's my place to mention the athletes tampered with. But tampering wasn't the only thing, but I'm not posting on here. I wouldn't have a problem discussing it in person. None of it matters now. It's a free for all and it was only brought up to paint the picture of how I feel the momentum changed and what every other school across the country is up against. Also remember what Carl did with Andrew Long. He was willing to do anything it took to win. Now he doesn't have to take those risks due to the momentum they have. Even his child molesting best friend/donor gets very little discussion when it would be national news at Iowa. Iowa is under the microscope for every thing they do. Which is another hurdle that comes with the territory."
They are struggling so hard.

Reactions: Grass

That's unrealistic. This is a message board. Arguing and ranting and raving comes with the territory. It's basic human nature.

As an analogy, look at your common house cat. If you take any small object and make jerky movements with it in front of a cat, it will either try to swat it or pounce on it. The reason is that they are hard wired that way. I don't know if it is even possible to train a cat to not do that.

It's the same with message boards. There are always some people who are going to respond to combative language. And to a certain extent, it can be claimed that arguing is one of the main purposes of message boards.

From a personal perspective, I try hard to not post things that are insulting towards others. I don't see any harm in a little spoofing, but I try to make it a rule to not post anything that I wouldn't say in person to the people to whom I am responding. However, that's just my personal choice. I don't expect everyone else to do things the way I choose to do them.

That's unrealistic. This is a message board. Arguing and ranting and raving comes with the territory. It's basic human nature.

As an analogy, look at your common house cat. If you take any small object and make jerky movements with it in front of a cat, it will either try to swat it or pounce on it. The reason is that they are hard wired that way. I don't know if it is even possible to train a cat to not do that.

It's the same with message boards. There are always some people who are going to respond to combative language. And to a certain extent, it can be claimed that arguing is one of the main purposes of message boards.

From a personal perspective, I try hard to not post things that are insulting towards others. I don't see any harm in a little spoofing, but I try to make it a rule to not post anything that I wouldn't say in person to the people to whom I am responding. However, that's just my personal choice. I don't expect everyone else to do things the way I choose to do them.
Your analogy means that humans are no more developed than a common house cat? It is not unrealistic to have expectations for others to act with decorum and respect. It is unrealistic to expect perfection in that regard. We can only control our own behavior. We should want to be the best fanbase in the country and that involves holding ourselves to a high standard and calling out those who don't maintain that standard.

Also your expectation of people responding to combative language because its a message board is what has developed to be the norm not what should be expected to be the norm therefore we should always try to change for the better.

Don't forget the PED shade he threw in there. What a freaken clown.

Now he can just ride that momentum and the only questionable area I have now is also irrelevant until the NCAA actually starts doing stringent PED testing.

Your honor - let the record reflect that “acuhawk” was in the bring in AJ Ferrari camp after the Soldier Salute per the poll on GIA

Your analogy means that humans are no more developed than a common house cat? It is not unrealistic to have expectations for others to act with decorum and respect. It is unrealistic to expect perfection in that regard. We can only control our own behavior. We should want to be the best fanbase in the country and that involves holding ourselves to a high standard and calling out those who don't maintain that standard.

Also your expectation of people responding to combative language because its a message board is what has developed to be the norm not what should be expected to be the norm therefore we should always try to change for the better.
You're being a wet blanket.

I know I said this last week, but it bears repeating...

It must be March.

It's not fun for everyone.

Some posters are taking it seriously, and turning things into drama.

If someone bothers you, don't respond. Or just put them on Ignore.

Lately, we've gotten as bad as GIA.
This board isn't remotely close to that sh&t show. This board polices itself, they do not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT