ADVERTISEMENT

discussion of racist PSU video

TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
I was going to post the video, which is (IMHO) an absolute disgrace for the community.

and (IMHO) Penn State's handling of it is in keeping with it's recent fine tradition of doing the exactly wrong thing EVERY SINGLE TIME

btw the student is clad in PSU gear, but follow up indicates she attends another University

so can we post the video and twitter thread here??

Reactions: cavic
I was going to post the video, which is (IMHO) an absolute disgrace for the community.

and (IMHO) Penn State's handling of it is in keeping with it's recent fine tradition of doing the exactly wrong thing EVERY SINGLE TIME

btw the student is clad in PSU gear, but follow up indicates she attends another University

Is the Syracuse one still up? If so, I don't see why you can't post here if you want.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Is the Syracuse one still up? If so, I don't see why you can't post here if you want.

NSFW and racial epithets ensue . . . read through the whole thread . . . to be honest, the way some people criticize PSU, I expected a different response

NSFW and racial epithets ensue . . . read through the whole thread . . . to be honest, the way some people criticize PSU, I expected a different response

Ugh - that's exhausting. - stopped reading halfway through. More drunken stupidity shared on social media and the jump to kick her out of Penn State I thought was kind of interesting considering she doesn't even go there.

Whatever happened to that woman on social media trying to get that one (foreign?) kid kicked out of Penn State?

Seun the Activist wants some recognition for being the Social Media police. Calling out her future employer puts him to sleep at night. This is 2018 folks.

Seun the Activist wants some recognition for being the Social Media police. Calling out her future employer puts him to sleep at night. This is 2018 folks.

You are correct - it is 2018. And we still have to deal with this racist sh*t by stupid people. And that is just sad. Because as you said - it's 2018.

Problem is it's not racist. It's was wildly stupid and inappropriate, but likely not racist. Unfortunately society is all too opportunistic to label anything and everything as racist.

Problem is it's not racist. It's was wildly stupid and inappropriate, but likely not racist. Unfortunately society is all too opportunistic to label anything and everything as racist.
A white woman using a racial slur over and over and over again “likely isn’t racist” - got it.

A white woman using a racial slur over and over and over again “likely isn’t racist” - got it.

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

You can't have a double standard where one usage is "racist" and another is "a common word for 'buddy', pal or friend"

Reactions: PSUinMICH
rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

You can't have a double standard where one usage is "racist" and another is "a common word for 'buddy', pal or friend"

yeah pretty much nailed what she did, thanks!

So it has nothing to do with PSU? Why don't you name the school that she actually attends?

I’m not sure how their handling of it is wrong.

My favorite racist video would be any of the multiple occasions watching SB racing past anyone & everyone.

TOUCHDOWN.....PENN STATE!!!!! :)

I’m not sure how their handling of it is wrong.

200.gif

If I understand correctly, there are two women in the video, and one attends Penn State.
That was my takeaway as well. What consequences, if any, for the PSU cheerleader? That was a very bad look, at the least.

Okay, I will play this game. How is PSU handling this wrong, and how would an esteemed professional such as yourself handle it?

I watched it earlier. Honestly can't tell if they were listening to rap music and just being stupid or if they are both racist pieces of trash. Either way , very inappropriate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT