ADVERTISEMENT

Did Kenny Pickett win the Heisman tonight?

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
UsIKVYS.jpg

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the kid. Sounds like the fans and even his coaches have talked him up to a level that doesn't even remotely match his skill level. I mean I guess he's ok, he really didn't do much, but how in the world do you say "we've found our QB" and "our QB questions have been answered" and "he's the unquestioned leader of our team" and then never let him throw??!! Even down and unable to run they wouldn't let him throw the ball. That says a whole lot more about what they think about the kid than any coach speak. Give the kid a chance, stop with the absolutely insane predictions of success and see if he develops into a competent college QB. Cause he has a ways to go to get to even that level based on what I saw tonight.

I feel sorry for the kid. Sounds like the fans and even his coaches have talked him up to a level that doesn't even remotely match his skill level. I mean I guess he's ok, he really didn't do much, but how in the world do you say "we've found our QB" and "our QB questions have been answered" and "he's the unquestioned leader of our team" and then never let him throw??!! Even down and unable to run they wouldn't let him throw the ball. That says a whole lot more about what they think about the kid than any coach speak. Give the kid a chance, stop with the absolutely insane predictions of success and see if he develops into a competent college QB. Cause he has a ways to go to get to even that level based on what I saw tonight.
He’s a decent runner, poor passer. Don’t worry though, the Pitt faithful will have him back in the Heisman and NC race next year.

Reactions: JJTopp99
David Pollack talked him up too.

The Pitt hype machine has diffused into SEC land. SC paper previews the game and tells their readers that word is Pitt has found themselves a pretty good quarterback. Pitt marketing at its finest. At least they are good at something.

The fact Narduzzi had zero confidence in Pickett to throw tells you all you need to know

Reactions: Madsol
He reminded me of when Randall Cunningham went down in the 80s and Buddy Ryan brought Pat Ryan in off the street.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT