ADVERTISEMENT

Tomlin the Moron.

The majority of teams in the nfl would hire Tomlin today if they could.
I don't understand this logic. I wish him well. I don't want him to go off and become homeless. Just to go away. It's not working in Pittsburgh. Go knock yourself out somewhere else. Best of luck. In Pittsburgh under Tomlin, the Steelers have 4 out of 17 seasons with a playoff win. Not good.

Well for his sake he should hope it's a team with the likes of Marvin Lewis, Dick LeBeau, Dom Capers, and Bruce Arians as the assistants, because he enjoyed the labor of those coaches when he took over the Steelers. Over time his assistants have been of lesser quality/potential and his drafts have been crapshoots. That's how a quality franchise becomes mediocre.

I don't understand this logic. I wish him well. I don't want him to go off and become homeless. Just to go away. It's not working in Pittsburgh. Go knock yourself out somewhere else. Best of luck. In Pittsburgh under Tomlin, the Steelers have 4 out of 17 seasons with a playoff win. Not good.

Tomlin can go live in a Maytag carton with Ricketts and dumbbell Dorsett along Chartiers creek and cook fish scrap stew.

To be fair...Mason put up those Cincy. They need to play Kenny as much as possible to make a decision on his future. Mason isn't winning a playoff game nor is Kenny. Tomlin needs to go bur this isn't why

So I assume you are saying that he is not a good coach? The entire NFL disagrees with you but what the heck do they know? Entire league of fart sniffers
Tomlin is an OK coach who has lost the locker room. As of now, that makes him a not so good coach. He very well move on to another team and do great things (Andy Reid), but it isn’t going to happen in Pittsburgh. Another sign of a great coach is his NFL coaching tree. What does Tomlin’s coaching tree look like right now? I’ll wait.

Well for his sake he should hope it's a team with the likes of Marvin Lewis, Dick LeBeau, Dom Capers, and Bruce Arians as the assistants, because he enjoyed the labor of those coaches when he took over the Steelers. Over time his assistants have been of lesser quality/potential and his drafts have been crapshoots. That's how a quality franchise becomes mediocre.
To be fair, the Steelers string of non-losing seasons has led to few top 10 or 15 draft positions.

Some teams would but I would not say the majority. Many teams in the NFL right now have young, innovative coaches that they would not part with to get Tomlin (the Dolphins for an example).

Reactions: joeaubie21
Tomlin is an OK coach who has lost the locker room. As of now, that makes him a not so good coach. He very well move on to another team and do great things (Andy Reid), but it isn’t going to happen in Pittsburgh. Another sign of a great coach is his NFL coaching tree. What does Tomlin’s coaching tree look like right now? I’ll wait.
What does Belichecks coaching tree look like? Are you going to say he is a bad coach also? Hey it may be time for Tomlin to move on not going to argue that point. The moron and racially tinged comments are what I have a problem with.

To be fair, the Steelers string of non-losing seasons has led to few top 10 or 15 draft positions.

Baltimore consistently drafts well and has only had 2 top 15 draft positions since 2010, only one was top 10.

To be fair...Mason put up those Cincy. They need to play Kenny as much as possible to make a decision on his future. Mason isn't winning a playoff game nor is Kenny. Tomlin needs to go bur this isn't why

Except I don't think Khan can make a decision about KP's future based on the remaining 2 games with this coaching staff. If he thinks KP still has potential to be the guy, then he needs a fresh start with a new staff starting this offseason. Starting him the last two games might set him back even further.

I thought it was announced the Rudolph would start against Seattle? In any case, he should be. Need to ride the hot hand versus starting a QB who hasn’t played in weeks.

Reactions: bison13
Why?

To be PC turds?
He is a great head coach, among the top 5 to 8 in the league. The majority of teams would take him as their head coach. When it comes to your favorite team, it is very difficult to see the forest from the trees. I am not a Steelers fan, so I am more able to appreciate the success he has had. Truly, the same thing goes for PSU - 90 to 95% of college football would kill have Franklin‘s level success.

What does Belichecks coaching tree look like? Are you going to say he is a bad coach also? Hey it may be time for Tomlin to move on not going to argue that point. The moron and racially tinged comments are what I have a problem with.
What “racially tinged” comments have been made? As for Bill Belicheck, I’d ask what has he done without Brady? Is he a great coach? Maybe. But I sure would love to see him dominate without Brady.

Reactions: dswartz
I’ve never understood the “coaching tree” logic. As assistants most of these guys wander from team to team like vagabonds trying to move up the ladder. If they become successful head coaches, it’s more of a personal accomplishment reflecting their abilities than where they stopped for a few seasons on the way up. Working for other successful head coaches doesn’t make them better, just more marketable to decision makers.

He is a great head coach, among the top 5 to 8 in the league. The majority of teams would take him as their head coach. When it comes to your favorite team, it is very difficult to see the forest from the trees. I am not a Steelers fan, so I am more able to appreciate the success he has had. Truly, the same thing goes for PSU - 90 to 95% of college football would kill have Franklin‘s level success.

Fart.

Kenny has played enough to make a decision. He is a no talent mistake. He has to go.
I don't disagree but think of it from the prospective of the organization that used a first round pick on him

Also, we're all making too much of Mason against Cincy. Cincy's D is horrible

He is falling below the standard for Pittsburgh coaches, which is the first measuring stick. His last ten years have been "below the line". He does ok with decent talent but he is not building a Super Bowl contending team and hasn't for quite a while. His current team is a not close to contending for a championship and he has damaged the immediate future by investing in a QB who is fourth best in a four team division.

Reactions: dswartz
Except I don't think Khan can make a decision about KP's future based on the remaining 2 games with this coaching staff. If he thinks KP still has potential to be the guy, then he needs a fresh start with a new staff starting this offseason. Starting him the last two games might set him back even further.
No more games needed. Fresh start isn't needed. Pickett had one decent year in college when he played a cupcake schedule during the covid year. Pickett has played double digit games in the NFL and has sucked. He has little athletic talent, has a weak arm, and isn't mobile. His future is as a backup QB in the XFL. The Steelers need to get rid of Pickett and move on. Maybe Rudolph is the answer and maybe he isn't, but one thing is certain: Pickett isn't the answer.

I don't disagree but think of it from the prospective of the organization that used a first round pick on him

Also, we're all making too much of Mason against Cincy. Cincy's D is horrible
The organization f-uped their first-round pick because Tomlin seems to have an affinity for anything local. Now they have to admit they screwed up and get rid of the mistake. I agree that Mason may or may not be the answer. The jury is out on Mason but it isn't out on Pickett. He is incompetent and has to go.

The organization f-uped their first-round pick because Tomlin seems to have an affinity for anything local. Now they have to admit they screwed up and get rid of the mistake. I agree that Mason may or may not be the answer. The jury is out on Mason but it isn't out on Pickett. He is incompetent and has to go.
I don't think the jury is out on Mason. I think all three of our QBs are backup quality.
We have to remember how bad that Cincy defense is especially without Reader in the middle
They aren't going to get rid of Pickett while he's on that rookie deal. Our best case scenario is that they sign Cousins with him starting and Pickett as the backup. Or maybe make a play for Minshew. There's not a lot of good other options. Drafting another QB in the mid first round isn't ideal either.
Steelers were dead set on taking a QB last year. Pickett is still better than Willis or Ridder but no QB should have gone in the first or second round that year. Even Purdy came out of nowhere.
Tomlin's probably going to get an extension and we'll stay "mid" for the next 5-8 years.

it is not 100% Tomlin, although I wouldn't mind seeing a change (this is like his 17th year right?). No coaches could go anywhere with these QBs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT