ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Penn State Fans... from UK fan

Field goal would have sufficed but it’s ok I’m over that now! No hard feelings anymore

Blocked field goal brought back for a TD makes it a whole different game. 15-13 with :35 left on the clock leaves time for an onsides kick and gaining 40 yards to set up a game winning field goal.
Your mentality on this is that of a fan of a program that loses a lot, honestly. It wasn’t running up the score, it was ensuring victory. UK is in a much better spot now and you will get used to it in time.

Funny thing about the internet..

It was actually 15-6 with 52 seconds left. Kentucky had used their timeouts to stop the clock on 1st and 2nd down. Vandy let the clock run down after 3rd down and called a timeout before their 4th and 4 play from Kentucky's 13 yard line before throwing a pass that resulted in a td. A kneel down and you have the ball back down 15-6 with 47 seconds left. Sure, game probably in hand anyway but one score and you're lining up for an onsides kick to preserve the game. That's not running it up.. it's making sure you win the game. Find a different reason to dislike Franklin.
LOL - In a couple of posts down, the guy says he is a "sports writer for Kentucky" whatever the heck that means. Let's just write whatever narrative we want, facts be damned. "Fake News"

Reactions: psugisher
A common theme in posts like these appears to be JF refusing to take a knee. Every fan base seems to get motivation from us running up the score (except Ohio State, of course).
I noticed in the Clemson-Pitt game, with under a minute to play, Clemson handed the ball off....where’s all the outrage against Dabo? He could have taken a knee and didn’t yet no one is screaming about running up the score like they do when Franklin does it.

Reactions: JJTopp99 and BBrown
The only instance I was talking about was when our program was at rock bottom of a 2-10 year! It was the final game of the season and Vanderbilt with JF was up 26-3 with the ball on 4th n 4 at the UK 15 and there was less than 20 seconds. The play clock was turned off and he snapped it faked a kneel down and threw a jump pass for the score and the end of the game! That was his final season at Vandy before he went to Penn State I believe! It just seemed really petty to me. I understand letting the young guys play we’ve let young guys play this year in blowouts against South Carolina and Mississippi State.. but this was alittle too much
If you’re getting the score run up on you by Vanderbilt, you have bigger problems you should worry about than the coach who ran it up.

Funny thing about the internet..

It was actually 15-6 with 52 seconds left. Kentucky had used their timeouts to stop the clock on 1st and 2nd down. Vandy let the clock run down after 3rd down and called a timeout before their 4th and 4 play from Kentucky's 13 yard line before throwing a pass that resulted in a td. A kneel down and you have the ball back down 15-6 with 47 seconds left. Sure, game probably in hand anyway but one score and you're lining up for an onsides kick to preserve the game. That's not running it up.. it's making sure you win the game. Find a different reason to dislike Franklin.
LOL - In a couple of posts down, the guy says he is a "sports writer for Kentucky" whatever the heck that means. Let's just write whatever narrative we want, facts be damned. "Fake News"

Yeah sportsmediapass dot com check us out! We mainly write about northwest teams it’s a very Big driven roster of writers; however, I am the university of Kentucky writer for the page/university. But yes I still have a fan perspective

Reactions: psu00
It was the final game of the season and Vanderbilt with JF was up 26-3 with the ball on 4th n 4 at the UK 15 and there was less than 20 seconds. The play clock was turned off and he snapped it faked a kneel down and threw a jump pass for the score and the end of the game!

I've seen the video of this play. It was pretty clear by JF's reaction and interaction with the QB on the sideline immediately after the play that the QB was supposed to take a knee. I suppose you can keep the, "JF ran up the score on us" narrative for bulletin board motivation, but it's a false narrative.

I only brought that up because I thought it made an interesting narrative between Mark Stoops and James Franklin. I agree with the other poster when hearing all the details of that game! I was looking at it the wrong way. Plus I was remembering the wrong score

It was the final game of the season and Vanderbilt with JF was up 26-3 with the ball on 4th n 4 at the UK 15 and there was less than 20 seconds. The play clock was turned off and he snapped it faked a kneel down and threw a jump pass for the score and the end of the game!

I've seen the video of this play. It was pretty clear by JF's reaction and interaction with the QB on the sideline immediately after the play that the QB was supposed to take a knee. I suppose you can keep the, "JF ran up the score on us" narrative for bulletin board motivation, but it's a false narrative.

My intention was not to make the whole thread about that sorry! Anyways who are the key players for PSU this season? I know Tracy or at least have heard about him! Anyone else you recommend me watch?

Thanks y’all I’m really looking forward to it! This will be the 20th anniversary of UK vs Penn State in the Outback bowl in 1998! If we are only good enough to play y’all once every twenty years I’m content with that! I’m just really excited to be playing a major program like most of our fan base is!

I graduated Penn State in May of 98. It doesn't seem like 20 years ago, but sure enough it is. Damn I feel old.

Reactions: Derrin Rogers
The only instance I was talking about was when our program was at rock bottom of a 2-10 year! It was the final game of the season and Vanderbilt with JF was up 26-3 with the ball on 4th n 4 at the UK 15 and there was less than 20 seconds. The play clock was turned off and he snapped it faked a kneel down and threw a jump pass for the score and the end of the game! That was his final season at Vandy before he went to Penn State I believe! It just seemed really petty to me. I understand letting the young guys play we’ve let young guys play this year in blowouts against South Carolina and Mississippi State.. but this was alittle too much

No offense but that story is awesome. I'm not a run it up kind of guy, but CJF is simply too competitive to turn it off sometimes. There are plenty of instances where he's taken a knee at the end of a game against an overmatched opponent, but he's also famous for icing GA State's Kicker up a zillion points, and challenged a fumble inside of 2 minutes up 51-6 against Pitt. As for the play in question there's always the possibility that the QB got over excited and changed the play. Not unlike a certain red headed QB who played here did against an overmatched opponent years ago.

This is not meant as a slight (but I could see it taken that way), but when you think of Kentucky, you think of basketball. So they have one of, if not the best, defensive players in the country? I did not know that. I hope he plays.

Sure he's a nice guy and have no problem with talking about the upcoming game.. just didn't like the shot at Franklin especially when it was based on something completely false.

I've been looking for the replay and only found a brief highlight.. it looked like Franklin grabbed number 29 furiously as he came to the sidelined and he appears to be the rb, not the qb. The play itself looks like everyone was on board with running it. Looked like a great play call to seal a game.

but he's also famous for icing GA State's Kicker up a zillion points, and challenged a fumble inside of 2 minutes up 51-6 against Pitt.

Well those were special circumstances, he wanted to preserve a shutout for his defense against GA State... and it wasn't a fumble against lowly Pitt, he was right to challenge it and help with a young RB's confidence. He's not the coach of other teams, he needs to look out for his team.

I do think he ran it up against Michigan last year, but that was payback for what they did the previous year.

Thanks y’all I’m really looking forward to it! This will be the 20th anniversary of UK vs Penn State in the Outback bowl in 1998! If we are only good enough to play y’all once every twenty years I’m content with that! I’m just really excited to be playing a major program like most of our fan base is!
UK had a solid season Congrats on the bowl. I hope your best players will be on the field. Given the season you had and the opportunity to build off of it, would be a shame if UK is disadvantaged doesn't capitalize. I'd like UK to have seasons like this more often. Exciting game v. the Gators! Was happy for you. Best of luck.

Well those were special circumstances, he wanted to preserve a shutout for his defense against GA State... and it wasn't a fumble against lowly Pitt, he was right to challenge it and help with a young RB's confidence. He's not the coach of other teams, he needs to look out for his team.

I do think he ran it up against Michigan last year, but that was payback for what they did the previous year.
I think I am the only person in the world that believes he was not trying to ice the GA State kicker. That kick defense team was totally out of whack on that play. He noticed it and called a TO.

Reactions: krichards
Snell will play! He’s only 107 yards from breaking the schools rushing record! I do not see him sitting this game out!
Snell is obviously good, but why was his production so low the last five games(compared to earlier in the season) ?

I’m not sure I’m allowed to post on your boards and if that’s the case then the mods can delete this fairly quickly! However, I’m a Kentucky season ticket holder who got to go to 10 games this season and I just wanted to say the half of the fan base that sits around me are really excited and honored to be playing a program of your caliber! I have a lot of respect for Penn State and always have! James Franklin is a different story since he ran the score up on us one year but I’ll look past that! I just wanted to wish y’all the best of luck! I hope it’s a really good game where neither team has an serious injury! If you have any questions about the Cats I could answer them for you if you’d like!

I’m heading down to the game having just a bought another house in the area.,,going to be a lot of fun !!!

I’m not sure I’m allowed to post on your boards and if that’s the case then the mods can delete this fairly quickly! However, I’m a Kentucky season ticket holder who got to go to 10 games this season and I just wanted to say the half of the fan base that sits around me are really excited and honored to be playing a program of your caliber! I have a lot of respect for Penn State and always have! James Franklin is a different story since he ran the score up on us one year but I’ll look past that! I just wanted to wish y’all the best of luck! I hope it’s a really good game where neither team has an serious injury! If you have any questions about the Cats I could answer them for you if you’d like!
Hi! ... Good!.... Luck!...and!....Happy!....Holidays!

This is not meant as a slight (but I could see it taken that way), but when you think of Kentucky, you think of basketball. So they have one of, if not the best, defensive players in the country? I did not know that. I hope he plays.

Yeah he won the SEC defensive player of the year and is projected to go Top 10 in the NFL Draft! I really hope he plays as well; however, I don’t think he will and I don’t blame him! He’s given our program a lot to cheer for!

Welcome. Lots of respect for how Coach Stoops & staff have improved your team. Benny Snell is a great RB and Josh Allen is the player worthy of the awards he is receiving. I forsee a very competitive game. I believe both teams are motivated. Hopefully our QB's knee is much better on Jan 1st. He has really been hobbled the last few games. Our young defense has improved alot since the beginning of the season. We have had lots of attrition @ DT which caused to move an OL to the DL for depth. Keep visiting to keep the friendly conversation going.

Last edited:
My intention was not to make the whole thread about that sorry! Anyways who are the key players for PSU this season? I know Tracy or at least have heard about him! Anyone else you recommend me watch?

Don’t worry about it. We have Pitt, Rutgers, and Iowa fans who repeatedly bitch about Franklin and you just hit a nerve. The board is quick to jump on (perceived) insults as those 3 fan bases have pushed the boundaries here over the past few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nittany_93
You and the other KU posters here have been reasonable but if you post on the Lair site you might want to educate some of your fans there about calling PSU and their fans Pedo’s which they have. Makes them sound stupid and uneducated bacause they have no idea what they are talking about. Seem like any fan site with the “lair” in it’s name has a heathy population of morons.

You and the other KU posters here have been reasonable but if you post on the Lair site you might want to educate some of your fans there about calling PSU and their fans Pedo’s which they have. Makes them sound stupid and uneducated bacause they have no idea what they are talking about. Seem like any fan site with the “lair” in it’s name has a heathy population of morons.

Every fan base has there idiots... ours is no different than anyone’s... I’m not sure about (KU or Kansas’s) fan base but (UK or Kentucky’s) definitely do as well!

Hmm, this would be the strangest victory formation I've ever seen, complete with a WR and man in motion.

Hmm, this would be the strangest victory formation I've ever seen, complete with a WR and man in motion.

Once again I’m not sure why some of y’all are focusing on this but y’all didn’t do your research very well! I wasn’t going to say anything but multiple people keep piling on and talking about the WRONG game lol the game was in 2011 NOT 2012
38-8 was the final
When the first person brought it up I just went with it because I’m really not here to start an argument or anything just have s friendly conversation about both teams.

But seriously like I’ve been saying this whole time that’s water under the bridge I was only wanting to know about your team because I really enjoy the fact that we are playing a major program like Penn State!

Anyways last season I got to witness the Boilermaker train or Purdue Train that the run out with and it has intrigued me to always find out the traditions in all the new schools that we play so to pose the question what are some of the traditions that Happen?

So whats the word on Snell and Allen? 2 really great players that would be a big loss if they don't play.
I’m a UK fan and Allen has said he will play. Snell has not said one way or the other but we don’t think Snell would skip the bowl game being 100 yards away from breaking the career rushing record. Some of us think there might even be chance he comes back for his senior year.

Reactions: psu00
I’m a UK fan and Allen has said he will play. Snell has not said one way or the other but we don’t think Snell would skip the bowl game being 100 yards away from breaking the career rushing record. Some of us think there might even be chance he comes back for his senior year.
"Some" of us thought Barkley would come back for his senior year.

Reactions: Connorpozlee

HELLO!

KU is Kansas, not Kentucky!

UK is Kentucky!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT