ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Penn State Fans... from UK fan

Derrin Rogers

Aug 30, 2018
I’m not sure I’m allowed to post on your boards and if that’s the case then the mods can delete this fairly quickly! However, I’m a Kentucky season ticket holder who got to go to 10 games this season and I just wanted to say the half of the fan base that sits around me are really excited and honored to be playing a program of your caliber! I have a lot of respect for Penn State and always have! James Franklin is a different story since he ran the score up on us one year but I’ll look past that! I just wanted to wish y’all the best of luck! I hope it’s a really good game where neither team has an serious injury! If you have any questions about the Cats I could answer them for you if you’d like!

I’m not sure I’m allowed to post on your boards and if that’s the case then the mods can delete this fairly quickly! However, I’m a Kentucky season ticket holder who got to go to 10 games this season and I just wanted to say the half of the fan base that sits around me are really excited and honored to be playing a program of your caliber! I have a lot of respect for Penn State and always have! James Franklin is a different story since he ran the score up on us one year but I’ll look past that! I just wanted to wish y’all the best of luck! I hope it’s a really good game where neither team has an serious injury! If you have any questions about the Cats I could answer them for you if you’d like!

Of course you would be allowed to post and if posts like that are the norm from you, you will be very welcomed.
Besides we need someone familiar with UK football. I really don't know much about them.
So whats your gut say are Snell and Allen playing?

Cheers to a great New Year's Day game. Looking forward to some friendly rivalry.

how the hell did you lose to Tennessee????

lol j/k. I hate the Vols, that was a tough loss.

Snell looks like the real deal, any advice on how to stop him? :D

Is Josh Allen playing in the bowl game? I sure hope so.

Thanks y’all I’m really looking forward to it! This will be the 20th anniversary of UK vs Penn State in the Outback bowl in 1998! If we are only good enough to play y’all once every twenty years I’m content with that! I’m just really excited to be playing a major program like most of our fan base is!

Thanks y’all I’m really looking forward to it! This will be the 20th anniversary of UK vs Penn State in the Outback bowl in 1998! If we are only good enough to play y’all once every twenty years I’m content with that! I’m just really excited to be playing a major program like most of our fan base is!

So whats the word on Snell and Allen? 2 really great players that would be a big loss if they don't play.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
[/QUOTE] Is Josh Allen playing in the bowl game? I sure hope so.[/QUOTE]

As of right now he had not said one way or another weather we will play or not! I doubt he plays. However, he will probably be the only one sitting it out!

So whats the word on Snell and Allen? 2 really great players that would be a big loss if they don't play.

Snell will play! He’s only 107 yards from breaking the schools rushing record! I do not see him sitting this game out!

A common theme in posts like these appears to be JF refusing to take a knee. Every fan base seems to get motivation from us running up the score (except Ohio State, of course).

Reactions: JJTopp99
Welcome to BWI!! Looking forward to a great game with you guys. As I see it, can we stop the run game and can you stop Trace, what say you?

Allen is the kid from Montclair, NJ. A late bloomer that almost everyone, save Kentucky, missed out on. Really good, hardnosed player. Will be a handful.

Yeah he is a truly awesome kid! On senior day he stayed after the game for a full hour signing autographs and taking pictures with his baby in his arms! He was special! I highly doubt he plays in the bowl game which would hurt our defense but wouldn’t destroy it as it is very senior lead.

Another UK fan here. I think Snell will play. He’s only 103 yards from the all time rushing record for UK. Allen is still up in the air. He just won the Nagurski trophy for the best defensive player in college football. He also is projected from 4-11 overall pick. He hasn’t publicly said whether or not he will play yet. Obviously I hope he does but would understand if he didn’t.

If you want to stop Snell, put 8 in the box and sell out on stopping the run. It worked for a few teams this year. With terry developing as a passer it might be hard to stack the box and not account for our receivers.

It should be a very good low scoring affair! Only Georgia scored on this defense! Every other team with the except of the Tennessee fluke (which was immediately after Georgia) no other teams have scored more than 20 points all year! And only 4 teams have scored 2 or more touchdowns.

A common theme in posts like these appears to be JF refusing to take a knee. Every fan base seems to get motivation from us running up the score (except Ohio State, of course).

Funny that in this day of every coach doing it when they get a chance, CJF gets singled out for doing this. The media pumps up style points and other BS. The irony, when the home fans bitch because the coach doesn't get young players in games and let them play.
Pretty funny shit.

Funny that in this day of every coach doing it when they get a chance, CJF gets singled out for doing this. The media pumps up style points and other BS. The irony, when the home fans bitch because the coach doesn't get young players in games and let them play.
Pretty funny shit.

The only instance I was talking about was when our program was at rock bottom of a 2-10 year! It was the final game of the season and Vanderbilt with JF was up 26-3 with the ball on 4th n 4 at the UK 15 and there was less than 20 seconds. The play clock was turned off and he snapped it faked a kneel down and threw a jump pass for the score and the end of the game! That was his final season at Vandy before he went to Penn State I believe! It just seemed really petty to me. I understand letting the young guys play we’ve let young guys play this year in blowouts against South Carolina and Mississippi State.. but this was alittle too much

Yep, it doesn’t help to give the opponent motivation. I don’t appreciate the lopsided win when next year arrives. Take Michigan, for example.

The only instance I was talking about was when our program was at rock bottom of a 2-10 year! It was the final game of the season and Vanderbilt with JF was up 26-3 with the ball on 4th n 4 at the UK 15 and there was less than 20 seconds. The play clock was turned off and he snapped it faked a kneel down and threw a jump pass for the score and the end of the game! That was his final season at Vandy before he went to Penn State I believe! It just seemed really petty to me. I understand letting the young guys play we’ve let young guys play this year in blowouts against South Carolina and Mississippi State.. but this was alittle too much

I enjoyed your initial classy post but the relevance of this 'run up the score thing' in these times where the crown jewel of your conference plays "The Citadel" and "Mercer" in back to back year while laying 50 and 50+ points on them makes your point a tad bit moot.

Last edited:
Well … I'm still sore about the bad call in 1977 when Derrick Ramsey was fumbled while being sacked by Matt Millen close to the KY goal line. With PSU in the red zone, could have scored and won the game. Going in, PSU was ranked fourth in the country. After the loss to KY they dropped to 10th and despite winning out including the bowl, they never got back into National Championship consideration. Apart from that, glad to hear from you. Keep us informed.

how the hell did you lose to Tennessee????

lol j/k. I hate the Vols, that was a tough loss.

Snell looks like the real deal, any advice on how to stop him? :D

Same way we lost to Michigan State.

I was at that Kentucky Tennessee game and it was horrid! It was the week after SEC Nation was at UK and It was Georgia vs Kentucky to see who goes to face Bama for the title! We were right with them and lost then the following week we play at a fired up UT team that was playing for a bowl game! We just let UGA beat us twice honestly

Thanks for starting a great conversation. Do you have any questions for us?

Haha I can’t speak for them! You know how it goes you always have some idiots in the fan base! For the most part everyone is really excited!

My brother lives in the metropolis of Symsonia, KY. He play football for West Liberty State in WV. He follows PSU more than I do, a graduate of PSU. I am thinking of buying him a ticket and plane far so two country boys from Pennsylvania can watch the game together. I will make him wear a UK hat though if he wants the free ride. I think it would be a hoot.

I was at that Kentucky Tennessee game and it was horrid! It was the week after SEC Nation was at UK and It was Georgia vs Kentucky to see who goes to face Bama for the title! We were right with them and lost then the following week we play at a fired up UT team that was playing for a bowl game! We just let UGA beat us twice honestly

We let OSU beat us twice, 2 years in a row. We feel your pain.

I recently spent Thanksgiving in Kentucky (Paducah) with my wife's family and was treated like royalty. Of course, I am royalty (my people in the Carpathian Mountains were "lords", or so I've heard, but that's another matter). Anyway, respectful posters from any school are always welcome here. I attended 2 Penn State games in Kentucky (at your then new stadium) back in the 70's and had a great time. Kentucky is a beautiful state and I love your women, your Bourbon, and your horses, in that order. All the best (except in that football game Jan. 1).

Last edited:
Yeah he went to Cleveland and honestly he wasn’t terrible there. They just didn’t have patience!
No, they didn’t have an O-line and he had the living daylights beaten out of him. He never had a chance to develop into what he could have been.

Funny thing about the internet..

It was actually 15-6 with 52 seconds left. Kentucky had used their timeouts to stop the clock on 1st and 2nd down. Vandy let the clock run down after 3rd down and called a timeout before their 4th and 4 play from Kentucky's 13 yard line before throwing a pass that resulted in a td. A kneel down and you have the ball back down 15-6 with 47 seconds left. Sure, game probably in hand anyway but one score and you're lining up for an onsides kick to preserve the game. That's not running it up.. it's making sure you win the game. Find a different reason to dislike Franklin.

Funny thing about the internet..

It was actually 15-6 with 52 seconds left. Kentucky had used their timeouts to stop the clock on 1st and 2nd down. Vandy let the clock run down after 3rd down and called a timeout before their 4th and 4 play from Kentucky's 13 yard line before throwing a pass that resulted in a td. A kneel down and you have the ball back down 15-6 with 47 seconds left. Sure, game probably in hand anyway but one score and you're lining up for an onsides kick to preserve the game. That's not running it up.. it's making sure you win the game. Find a different reason to dislike Franklin.
Field goal would have sufficed but it’s ok I’m over that now! No hard feelings anymore

Thanks for starting a great conversation. Do you have any questions for us?

Sure! I’m about to do my research on Penn State to be honest! I’m a sports writer for Kentucky actually so I don’t know a lot about PSU yet but I’m excited to learn! I’ve got game tape I’m about to watch should be fun!

Reactions: ChiTownLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT