ADVERTISEMENT

Day 2 - Offically Offical 2022 Big Ten Tournament and B1G+ Technical Support Thread

They run 5th, 3th & 1st place matches simultaneously on three mats.

BTN will focus on first place w/ an occasional split screen.

They will hold all three matches at one weight before starting the next weight.

Usually takes 3 hrs of TV time w/ holding matches, interviews, medal ceremonies & commercials.
Championships on BTN. 3rd and 5th place matches available on BTN+

Yup but Eierman is forfeiting tonight.

That pretty much eliminates Iowa. They can only get to 133 points without him (ignoring bonus). It also gives PSU two bonus points. I’m not going to redo my analysis, but those 2 bonus points bring in a little more margin for error for us.

Big prize in 13 days. I’d be very surprised if Lewan, Lil Amine, Ragusin (and Micic?)are within 3 places of what they’re wrestling for today, and I’d be surprised if our top 5 aren’t within a place of what they’re wrestling for today. RBY probably has the biggest seeding incentive tonight, followed distantly by Carter. I can’t see it mattering a ton for Aaron or Max. Any chance Kerk MFFs? I can’t see anybody trying to lose, but I can’t imagine him having any chance of a 3 seed, even with a Fall or TF, which would take a major disruption of nature. Six looks like about the best slot right now.

Reactions: diggerpup and mcpat
Armed now with the knowledge that Eiermen will MFF, and ignoring bonus, Iowa’s only chance at winning is they go perfect, Michigan loses every match and PSU is limited to one win or less among 174, 184 and 197. They’d also need for either Kerk or Berge to lose if we took one of 174, 184 or 197. Iowa’s path to team victory is all but closed.
If Michigan loses every bout then PSU wins at 174 and 184!

If Michigan loses every bout then PSU wins at 174 and 184!
Good point. Duh on me. Iowa’s path to victory is closed. (Unless all their guys win all their matches by fall.)

Edit: I deleted the original post for spreading misinformation. :)

If ever we want the results to follow seeds, tonight is the night.

From what I can tell only one of Michigan's 9 wrestlers has the better seed. For Iowa, it's 3 of 7 and for PSU it's 5 of 7.

I believe it would give UM +4 placement points, Iowa +6, and PSU +17 ... that's not counting another +2 for a forfeit at 141.

Yep, despite everybody's meltdown 70% of the team is wrestling in the last session.
2 for 3rd and 5 for first.
WRONG! 60% of the team is wrestling tonight. All Lee has to do is show up and get his hand raised. 😁

Hope Eierman is OK though. He's put in too much time and effort to get shorted out at the end of the season.

If ever we want the results to follow seeds, tonight is the night.

From what I can tell only one of Michigan's 9 wrestlers has the better seed. For Iowa, it's 3 of 7 and for PSU it's 5 of 7.

I believe it would give UM +4 placement points, Iowa +6, and PSU +17 ... that's not counting another +2 for a forfeit at 141.
I’ll add that where PSU is not the higher seed, we’re ranked #1 in the country (Dean) and are 2-0 against our opponent including a QF win in this tournament (Berge).

OK, so I have one hour to:
Take out the trash
Pay a a Bill
Grab some salt for the softener
Get chicken ready for BBQ
Get clothes in laundry

Wife isn't here or she could do 3 out of the 5 later and we could use the time in more reproductive activites!

A post of respect to Marinelli who I believe will be wrestling for his 4th Big Ten Title tonight. Some of us give him a hard time, and even if he’s had 5 shots to win 4, winning multiple Big Ten titles is no small feat. And for this one, I’ll even be rooting for him. :)

A post of respect to Marinelli who I believe will be wrestling for his 4th Big Ten Title tonight. Some of us give him a hard time, and even if he’s had 5 shots to win 4, winning multiple Big Ten titles is no small feat. And for this one, I’ll even be rooting for him. :)
So how many times do you think the camera will pan over to show his wife cheering him on?

Reactions: Fatmarc and RB-Old
Winning the B1G team title would be nice but I don't sweat it, I'm just looking forward to some good wrestling. The real prize is less than two weeks away and winning the conference tournament hasn't been necessary to win that one.

Reactions: Fatmarc
WELL IT WILL LEAVE HIM WITH A BIT OF PRIDE BUT STILL NO NCAA TITLES!

Marinelli is and has been the best wrestler in the country up and until the second week of March. I continue to propose his body breaks down durning the national tourney. He looks very healthy and well conditioned this year. I think he wins Bigs again - a 4xer is a huge accomplishment. I also think he doesn't get it done at nationals, but I can see him getting to the finals. He will be on a mission and this will be his best nationals.

Reactions: Fatmarc
If there aren't team implications and Marinelli is going for a title on Saturday night, I'd absolutely root for him ...

Except maybe against Evan Wick, seeing how he did want to come here 😜

Reactions: RB-Old and mcpat
I'm personally more curious how wins and/or losses in the matches starting at 4:30 PM today might potentially affect NCAA seedings than I am in scenarios for winning Big Tens as a team. It's no doubt a lot of hypotheticals but in a few situations there might be likely seed implications: e.g., 285.

That pretty much eliminates Iowa. They can only get to 133 points without him (ignoring bonus). It also gives PSU two bonus points. I’m not going to redo my analysis, but those 2 bonus points bring in a little more margin for error for us.
Thanks for all that you figured out score wise. I have no idea how you do it but I appreciate it

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT