ADVERTISEMENT

Day 2 National Duals Results and Discussion

Quick prediction:

125 - Courtney doesn't put up a ton of points. From what I've seen, he's only been in the double digits twice. For the team purpose, I think he really gets after it. But I don't think he gets more than a major. 4-0 ASU

133 - McGee took a bad loss earlier in the year but just took out Myers so he's riding a confidence wave. I think he's athletic enough to keep RBY to a decision. 4-3 ASU

141 - Vasquez I believe was a 4xer in California? He's athletic and I think could give Lee a few issues early. The problem with Vasquez is his gas tank, and that's the worst thing to have an issue with wrestling Lee. Lee pushes for 7 straight minutes knowing this, gets a few stall calls and the major. 7-4 PSU

149 - Parco has a few good wins, and his losses to top competition were pretty close. Today is BB's day. His positioning and gas tank make the difference. 10-4 PSU
Wow, you are dead on so far....amazing!

157 Negron vs Teemer

10-4 dual score

teemer picks him up ADS style and gets TD.
0-2 2:12 restart
Escape. 1-2
1:40 restart
Teemer shot… Negron split… stalemate
0:45
0:20
Negron shot! Doesn’t finish before time runs out but shows a little moxy

Negron takes bottom. Out in 0:08
2-2 1:30
1:00
Teemer slick TD. 2-4 0:31
Negron out 3-4

3-4 to start 3rd. Teemer takes bottom. 0:54 rt
Teemer out in 0:05
3-5 1:20
Negron far shot. Long Scramble. No points.
0:40
0:25
Negron went for it… missed ankle. Teemer counter TD. Good match.

3-7 final, I think.

Last edited:
157 Edsell vs Valencia

10-7 Dual Score

blood break. 2:29

2:00
0-0 1:30
Edsell defending… Valencia whizzer… Edsell has leg…
Edge of mat. Can’t finish
Late double by Valencia. Dang. 0-2 after one.

Edsell on bottom. Escape. 1-2
1:00
TD and four back. Just Toes in bounds for Valencia.
Escape. 8-2 after two.

starting neutral in 3rd.
Nothing 1:15
0:59 restart
Valencia slick single. td
Escape. 10-3 no RT. 0:32
0:15. Come on Edsell
Late TD Edsell defending!

5-10 final.

10-10 dual score

Last edited:
Quick prediction:

125 - Courtney doesn't put up a ton of points. From what I've seen, he's only been in the double digits twice. For the team purpose, I think he really gets after it. But I don't think he gets more than a major. 4-0 ASU

133 - McGee took a bad loss earlier in the year but just took out Myers so he's riding a confidence wave. I think he's athletic enough to keep RBY to a decision. 4-3 ASU

141 - Vasquez I believe was a 4xer in California? He's athletic and I think could give Lee a few issues early. The problem with Vasquez is his gas tank, and that's the worst thing to have an issue with wrestling Lee. Lee pushes for 7 straight minutes knowing this, gets a few stall calls and the major. 7-4 PSU

149 - Parco has a few good wins, and his losses to top competition were pretty close. Today is BB's day. His positioning and gas tank make the difference. 10-4 PSU

157 - I have absolutely no idea who we see here. Joe had a chance last night to cement starting tonight, and that didn't happen. If I had to guess, I think we see Negron. Teemer went to OT yesterday against Brady VT. While I don't think its that close, I don't think Negron gives up bonus either. 10-7 PSU

165 - Valencia showed against VT that his gas tank isn't full. We know Edsell will wrestle hard for 7 minutes. I don't think he has quite enough to beat Valencia, but if he keeps hands on him, and doesn't let Valencia tee off his shots, Edsell keeps it to a decision. 10-10
Thus far, this has been the most amazing prediction post I have ever seen on these boards.

174 CStar vs Coleman

10-10 dual score

always blood at 2:29. Weird.
CStar TD. A little interesting for a moment.
2-0 at 1:45 now. CStar riding
1:10
Still riding. 0:45
Tilt…. No points…
Rides out period on top.
2-0 after one.

CStar takes bottom.
Out in 11 secs
3-0
TD at 1:30 5-0
Cuts him. 5-1
Restart 1:01
CStar TD cuts him. tD. 9-2
4 back! 13-2
CStar getting nasty. 17-2 after four more back!!!

17-2 TF!!!!!

Last edited:
Anything's possible, but my guess is that there's your dual. They needed to do better than +3 at 149-165 to have a chance to win the dual. And not that wrestlestat matters, but I just checked and they had ASU +11 at those 3 weights (and still had PSU winning the dual, for what it's worth).

Reactions: diggerpup
Quick prediction:

157 - I have absolutely no idea who we see here. Joe had a chance last night to cement starting tonight, and that didn't happen. If I had to guess, I think we see Negron. Teemer went to OT yesterday against Brady VT. While I don't think its that close, I don't think Negron gives up bonus either. 10-7 PSU

165 - Valencia showed against VT that his gas tank isn't full. We know Edsell will wrestle hard for 7 minutes. I don't think he has quite enough to beat Valencia, but if he keeps hands on him, and doesn't let Valencia tee off his shots, Edsell keeps it to a decision. 10-10

174 - I would not want to be Rochford today. I think Starocci comes out wanting to prove that yesterdays match shouldn't have been that close. With Rochford giving up a ton of back points to Lewis, and with how good Starocci is on top, I'm saying he gets the fall. 16-10 PSU

184 - My guess is Brooks comes out firing. Not sure if he gets enough for the tech, but it'll be close, I'll be reserved, and only give him the major. 20-10 PSU

197 - Norfleet has improved a lot during his college career. I just think Dean's mat game is the deciding factor. 23-10

285 - The grand finale. Kerk and Schultz will be a great ending to this dual. There's positives and negatives wrestling Schultz. The negative side is, he makes the match very uncomfortable. There aren't a lot of guys that get that greco feel very often. He'll dig and dig for his hooks and push guys around the mat. The positive, Kerk has already felt it. Not only does Kerk know what to expect, I think he's a tad healthier this time around. 26-10

We Are!
You are 6 for 6 and exact score 10-10. How do you do! 4 more matches to go, I hope you are correct

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT