ADVERTISEMENT

Day 2 National Duals Results and Discussion

Actually Cliff, Schultz is probably the one guy on the team who doesn’t have to listen to his coach when it comes to ducking guys.

I don't know what Facundo is thinking, but if I had to guess, I bet he's chomping at the bit to help his team win a national title.
even if he wants to, a coach has to do what's best for the team. if you don't think he makes a big difference this year, you save him because you have confidence in your own ability to develop him and expect him to be a major scorer in his 5th year.

Zeke wins the duck award for the tournament.
R.acda6c18b94c3aaf83f499666f55ad8e

even if he wants to, a coach has to do what's best for the team. if you don't think he makes a big difference this year, you save him because you have confidence in your own ability to develop him and expect him to be a major scorer in his 5th year.
Agree with this although I think with the transfer rules now and how easy it is to go elsewhere, coaches don’t hold as many cards as they did in the past. Gotta be careful when deciding against a kids wishes.

Reactions: js8793
And the coaches may decide what is best for the team is going all in for the title this year. It could come down to a single point between PSU and Iowa and Facundo could be part of what edges PSU into the lead.

Well gals and guys. I was close. I went 6-6, then Starocci techs instead of pins, but Brooks saves my team score prediction by pinning instead of majoring haha. I definitely didn't think Dean was going to major but I'm glad he did. Unfortunately we didn't get to see Kerk and Schultz.

And the coaches may decide what is best for the team is going all in for the title this year. It could come down to a single point between PSU and Iowa and Facundo could be part of what edges PSU into the lead.
yep, that's why they pay him the big bucks haha

I don't know what Facundo is thinking, but if I had to guess, I bet he's chomping at the bit to help his team win a national title.

Win the Scuffle then come talk to me. I would rather he shirt and have him and SVN come out of the gate like Bo and Jason.

That weight class is loaded, even under the best of circumstances he probably doesn't AA. Edsel may just be only a couple of points behind him. With the right draw Edsel could possiby be R12, given the way Cael gets them ready for March.

Unfortunately, with the direction the seeding committee has gone, it makes sense for ASU to sit Schultz. I don't agree with it at all, but they're playing the system. If Schultz loses to Kerk, he's probably the 4-5 seed. Now, Schultz most likely goes undefeated and gets the 2. If the seeding wasn't so jacked up, I am thinking Cael may have called the match with Kerk's nose split open, but that would be a loss.

ASU sitting Schultz is exactly why people shouldn't go to events like this. You don't ask people to travel and shell out $70 then duck in one of the marquee matchups.
It's Cael's Fault. If he would have kept the score close......they would have had to send out Schultz. Stop blaming other coaches. Brands sent Kemdog out twice..............to weigh in :)

ADVERTISEMENT