ADVERTISEMENT

CKLV

Several posters here thought he would struggle in college once he didn’t have a strength advantage. Looks like they were right.
Also he's somewhat of a Greco guy and they generally don't do as well in D1 folk.

He was prone to giving up scoring in bursts in freestyle -- not freestyle bursts either. More about sloppy execution and matador defense. The type of stuff D1 guys will exploit.

That said, he's one month into his freshman season.

Final: Shapiro 16-4 over Andonian with over 2 minutes of RT.

Any questions?
Let's not get carried away. No doubt, Shapiro is the real deal, but complete funk isn't going to beat someone of his calibre 9 out of 10 times. Andonian has a punchers chance against anybody, so that answered some questions.

That Shapiro vs Andonian match was incredible. Shapiro too slick for him but there were some close moments. Andonian is too crazy for his own good. Just goes big from anywhere
someone commented on Shapiro's sneaky quickness... they were right!

Shapiro looked 100% confident in his own slickness, ability, and discipline, versus Andonian who wrestles slick but not so much discipline.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Is it reasonable to think that if Shapiro beats Andonian, Cardenas, Teemer, and Robb, he should be ranked #1?

Cardenas beat Chittum 9-8 so it’s Cardenas vs Shapiro next. Cardenas is tough but Meyer is way to slick for him. Cardenas is more of a plodder. I don’t expect it to be super close. Would have liked to see Chittum vs Shapiro especially since we saw Cardenas vs Shapiro already in freestyle

Pump the brakes if you want, but Shapiro looks like NCAA semifinalist material at the very least. Very controlled and confident against a guy who can make you pay for being slightly out of position and off-balance. I was impressed!
You just about have to be perfect against Andonian, because everything is an attempted kill shot. So yeah, that is impressive. But I didn't expect Andonian to beat Shapiro. And I was surprised at how little, if any, conventional offense Andonian has.

You just about have to be perfect against Andonian, because everything is an attempted kill shot. So yeah, that is impressive. But I didn't expect Andonian to beat Shapiro. And I was surprised at how little, if any, conventional offense Andonian has.
He did have a good game plan against him, other than the first throw attempt he handled him pretty easily. If you can avoid the chestwraps during scrambles you'll be fine against Andonian. It seems like he likes to put himself in precarious positions to try and hit it but when you know it's coming you can stay out of trouble.

Stanford kid wrestling Griffith is gonna be a monster. Destroyed Braden Thompson last round and in the driver seat here.
Rode Griffith the entire 2nd period and then gets a reversal in the 3rd to go up 2-0. Griffith reverses him with about 35 seconds left. Has to let him up because RT is locked and can’t take him down. Norman wins 4-2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT